• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good deal or not for $800? [WYNDHAM'S ROYAL GARDEN AT WAIKIKI]

robhbev1

TUG Member
Reaction score
WYNDHAM'S ROYAL GARDEN AT WAIKIKI
168,000 EVEN YEAR WYNDHAM POINTS
Usage: Even Years beginning 2016
MAINTENANCE FEE: $525.84 YEARLY
Settlement Fee (Closing Cost):
$0- Paid by Seller!!!
Resort Transfer Fee:
$0- Paid by Seller!!!

Also, will I be able to use these points to book at other Wyndham resorts?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a good deal to me. Figure it's 84, 000 points per year so it comes to slightly less that a penny a point ($0.95). If it were me I'd do it as long as the seller is paying all costs and the deed is free and clear.

The downside is when you come to sell it you may have to pay all costs because it is a very small deed. Also, with a small points deed you will have limits on locations, unit size and number of days, but there are some locations where you can spend a week every other year for 168,000 points.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I wouldn't do it unless you plan to travel there every other year in an off prime time (since 168,000 isn't enough for a week in prime). 168,000 will get you a studio in weeks 1-4, 13-14, 23, 34-43. Maintenance fees are otherwise average.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
In answer to the other part of your question, yes you can book anywhere in the Wyndham system with your points. In fact it is likely you'll book at other locations since 168K isn't enough points to book a substantial stay in Hawaii.

naturegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
In answer to the other part of your question, yes you can book anywhere in the Wyndham system with your points. In fact it is likely you'll book at other locations since 168K isn't enough points to book a substantial stay in Hawaii.

How many points does it take to book at Waikiki Wyndham? I thought it was 154000 pts for a week. Is there a chart that someone can post?

Thanks

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points does it take to book at Waikiki Wyndham? I thought it was 154000 pts for a week. Is there a chart that someone can post?

Thanks

140K-154K will get you a Studio in the Value to High season.

Value Season is Weeks 1-4, 34-39
High Season is Weeks 13-14, 23, and 40-43
Prime Season, which is the rest of the Weeks universe there, is 203K.

Understand you would be getting a property on the canal a couple blocks from the shore.

At a little under a penny per annualized point, you might be able to do better if you are patient, or if you hold out for Beach Walk. You can get a 1 BR suite for 154K year round there. Especially if you also have to pay closing costs. But barring having to pay the closing costs, it isn't a "bad" deal pointswise.

And to be clear, we are talking about buying points for ARP advantage. You could certainly book Beach Walk with Royal Garden points, but you would have to wait until the 10 month mark and take what is available.

My calculation shows that you would actually pay $928 per use year, or $464 per year, based on $3.96 per thousand points and $128 minimum club fee every single year. There are worse MFs for Club Wyndham points, but you could find better, or if you vacation every year anyway, go for an annual contract, planning to use ARP in hawaii every couple years, and to use the points non-ARP stateside in opposing years.

Last edited:

robhbev1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice. I decided to wait for something with more points available.