• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Points purchases

Kman

Reaction score
I am considering buying more points to my Wyndham Seawatch Timeshare. How involved is this process and can I add them to upgrade to a 3 bedroom there. This is my deeded resort. What extra expense would there be besides the points I purchase?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying more points to my Wyndham Seawatch Timeshare. How involved is this process and can I add them to upgrade to a 3 bedroom there. This is my deeded resort. What extra expense would there be besides the points I purchase?

You may more easily find Ocean Blvd with a little lower MF and the same ARP for booking into Seawatch.

Depending on from whom you buy the contract, extra expenses would range from none (seller pays) to you paying $299 transfer fee and/or a closing cost ranging from $150 to $400 or more.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may more easily find Ocean Blvd with a little lower MF and the same ARP for booking into Seawatch.

Depending on from whom you buy the contract, extra expenses would range from none (seller pays) to you paying $299 transfer fee and/or a closing cost ranging from $150 to $400 or more.

While you have cross-resort ARP at Myrtle Beach, the contracts do NOT combine for ARP. So if you have for example 154K at Seawatch and add 154K from Ocean BLVD, you will not have 308K of available ARP. You have two separate ARP opportunities each at Myrtle Beach, but they cannot be combined.

OB does have better MF rates than SeaWatch, in part because of the higher point cost to stay there.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
While you have cross-resort ARP at Myrtle Beach, the contracts do NOT combine for ARP. So if you have for example 154K at Seawatch and add 154K from Ocean BLVD, you will not have 308K of available ARP. You have two separate ARP opportunities each at Myrtle Beach, but they cannot be combined.

OB does have better MF rates than SeaWatch, in part because of the higher point cost to stay there.

Good point, I missed that he wants to upgrade to a 3BR in the OP. See the ebay link above, and look into EZ Sniper to avoid causing a bidding war :)

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet the auction ends closer to $1500, rather than near the $1.50 it's currently at.

I'm gonna guess around $1.2K

Last edited:

Kman

Reaction score
BigRob, So if I get the points deeded to Seawatch, I can combine them for a larger room?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
BigRob, So if I get the points deeded to Seawatch, I can combine them for a larger room?

CWP points frees you from your deed, so to speak. If you have 300K deeded SeaWatch CWP points, for example, you can use all 300K for multiple reservations or a single reservation at SeaWatch with ARP or elsewhere in the 10 month window. So yes. That they are from different SeaWatch deeds doesn't matter so long as they are both CWP contracts.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWP points frees you from your deed, so to speak. If you have 300K deeded SeaWatch CWP points, for example, you can use all 300K for multiple reservations or a single reservation at SeaWatch with ARP or elsewhere in the 10 month window. So yes. That they are from different SeaWatch deeds doesn't matter so long as they are both CWP contracts.

This is correct. It's just from different resorts that you can't combine. And if you're banking on combining CWA and CWP, don't. I have personally had success doing it, but I had special assistance from a senior VC who knew how to do it. In a rabid 8:00 on the dot scramble for an ARP reservation, you can't afford to be held up waiting to get the right person who knows how to do it.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bigrob, Can you confirm? Is this based on experience?

I thought you could not combine CWA ARP with Mytle beach ARP (which is regional across myrtle beach resorts) but you can combine myrtle beach ARPs.

I am certainly not an expert, but that was my undertstanding from older TUG posts. More like me being an uninformed parrot.

If you couldn't, you could still book 3 or 4 day in prime with one contract and then book a 3 or 4 day prime with the other, although you might have to change mid-week. Calling the resort early might help reduce the chances. Still gets OP close to what they want. Lots of check in and out restrictions, but if you plan it, it can work.

Craig

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bigrob, Can you confirm? Is this based on experience?

I thought you could not combine CWA ARP with Mytle beach ARP (which is regional across myrtle beach resorts) but you can combine myrtle beach ARPs.

I am certainly not an expert, but that was my undertstanding from older TUG posts. More like me being an uninformed parrot.

If you couldn't, you could still book 3 or 4 day in prime with one contract and then book a 3 or 4 day prime with the other, although you might have to change mid-week. Calling the resort early might help reduce the chances. Still gets OP close to what they want. Lots of check in and out restrictions, but if you plan it, it can work.

Craig

Yes, I can confirm. I had a VC combine CWA points with CWP points to make a single ARP reservation in a deeded resort for a very hard reservation.

As I said, this was awhile ago, and only happened once, and should not be counted on. I have also had a VC apply a single GC charge to a split reservation AFTER THE FACT because, she said, "I had made the original reservations on the same day." I have never had any success duplicating that feat, however, even though the VC I had said they had "all been trained that way" and she'd been doing it that way for over a year.

Note to self: get names and work schedules of helpful VCs!

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant can you confirm that you are not supposed to be able to combine the regional ARP from different locations.

I have a couple of small point contracts that I picked up partially for future ARP considerations. They are not at the same resort, but I thought I could combine them for ARP.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Sorry, I meant can you confirm that you are not supposed to be able to combine the regional ARP from different locations.

I can provide my single data point to the contrary. I have booked a regional ARP reservation in MB using combined points from the Cottages and OB to book at Seawatch. I have only tried this once and the VC did it for me, no problem.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can provide my single data point to the contrary. I have booked a regional ARP reservation in MB using combined points from the Cottages and OB to book at Seawatch. I have only tried this once and the VC did it for me, no problem.

That was my understanding but again, only parroting what I had read here. I was only days away from trying this, but the (significantly) better half changed her mind. It is important for future reference for me though.

Thanks for the response.

Craig

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the difference of CWA and CWP?

CWP: You own at a single resort, and that interval is enrolled in Club Wyndham with a given value of points. You have ARP at that resort (and others in MB if it is MB). You can reserve at any other resort that honors Wyndham points in the 10 month window. Your maintenance fees are based on the MF for that resort plus a club fee.

CWA: The CLUB owns intervals in member resorts, and you own an interest in the Club, represented by your points allotment. You have ARP in any of the intervals the CWA owns. You can reserve at any other resort that honors Wyndham points, or any CWA resort whose CWA intervals have been exhausted for your desired period, in the 10 month window. Your MF are based on the weighted average of all intervals CWA owns plus a club fee.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanations, Ty1on

Which type of ownership do you prefer? Which type do you advise for a new owner (I have no Wyndham points at this time) looking to purchase in the resale maker?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanations, Ty1on

Which type of ownership do you prefer? Which type do you advise for a new owner (I have no Wyndham points at this time) looking to purchase in the resale maker?

Points are much more flexible if you foresee stays at different locations often. I've got an EOY Week because I want to take my kid to DLand every other year for the foreseeable future. I'll deal with that contract after she is a late teen in 10 years.

There are lots of good explanation of weeks and points. I would search them and understand each before I decided.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Ty1on

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
CWP: You own at a single resort, and that interval is enrolled in Club Wyndham with a given value of points. You have ARP at that resort (and others in MB if it is MB). You can reserve at any other resort that honors Wyndham points in the 10 month window. Your maintenance fees are based on the MF for that resort plus a club fee.

CWA: The CLUB owns intervals in member resorts, and you own an interest in the Club, represented by your points allotment. You have ARP in any of the intervals the CWA owns. You can reserve at any other resort that honors Wyndham points, or any CWA resort whose CWA intervals have been exhausted for your desired period, in the 10 month window. Your MF are based on the weighted average of all intervals CWA owns plus a club fee.

Not entirely correct according to page 367 of the current member directory.

Club Wyndham Select is where you own points at a specific resort.

Club Wyndham Plus is the high level points program, and Club Wyndham Access, Club Wyndham Select, Club Wyndham Presidential Reserve, and Margaritaville Vacation Club are all part of Club Wyndham Plus.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not entirely correct according to page 367 of the current member directory.

Club Wyndham Select is where you own points at a specific resort.

Club Wyndham Plus is the high level points program, and Club Wyndham Access, Club Wyndham Select, Club Wyndham Presidential Reserve, and Margaritaville Vacation Club are all part of Club Wyndham Plus.

Your distinction is correct. I fall into the trap of describing CWS as CWP, as do many others here. CWS, CWP, PR, and MV are all under an umbrella called CWP, which is simply the collection of all those members.

PS I think the confusion stems from CWS' original name, FairSharePlus.