• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need advice on Membership and Deed options

John_and_Val

Reaction score
Not new to the Forum, but first time post. Here's what I have currently:

December 31 UDI 430,000 (Bonnet Creek)
N/A PIC 70,000 (Daytona)
December 31 UDI 389,000 (Ocean Walk)
December 31 FIXED WEEK 189,000 (Star Island)

Originally, my parents bought Bonnet Creek and currently still have the PIC. A couple of years ago I purchased the Star Island (FIXED WEEK - CONVERTED to POINTS). I had my fathers' name added to the deed and we combined our contracts under 1 member number. The account is in a trust which states I will take over account....Without the PIC we are still PLATINUM.

Most of my bookings are done using the 50% discount, plus upgrade
I offer locations to co-workers to help with paying for dues, fee's, etc.
I am fairly young and use the **** out of Wyndham Resorts.

I know I should of bought aftermarket, but I didn't - I can only hope that paying for only 1/2 of the points makes it up....

Need some input on the following:
The "fixed week - converted" any consequences to having that?
If you were me, what would you do to make sure that there is
no problems in the future when (with all respect) my father passes.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your time - John

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not new to the Forum, but first time post. Here's what I have currently:

December 31 UDI 430,000 (Bonnet Creek)
N/A PIC 70,000 (Daytona)
December 31 UDI 389,000 (Ocean Walk)
December 31 FIXED WEEK 189,000 (Star Island)

Originally, my parents bought Bonnet Creek and currently still have the PIC. A couple of years ago I purchased the Star Island (FIXED WEEK - CONVERTED to POINTS). I had my fathers' name added to the deed and we combined our contracts under 1 member number. The account is in a trust which states I will take over account....Without the PIC we are still PLATINUM.

Most of my bookings are done using the 50% discount, plus upgrade
I offer locations to co-workers to help with paying for dues, fee's, etc.
I am fairly young and use the **** out of Wyndham Resorts.

I know I should of bought aftermarket, but I didn't - I can only hope that paying for only 1/2 of the points makes it up....

Need some input on the following:
The "fixed week - converted" any consequences to having that?
If you were me, what would you do to make sure that there is
no problems in the future when (with all respect) my father passes.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your time - John

I think you're good. Are there any siblings that will contest your father's "half" of the account?

The FW is a points conversion, so there isn't really any distinction from UDI as far as how you use the points.

John_and_Val

Reaction score
My two older brothers are fine with it. Not really my concern....my concern is Wyndham trying to back out of Platinum, or mess with me when it comes time to change names, etc.

Also in regards to the FW.....I always was concerned that there could be a way they say that since this was a fixed week, I would have to pay "fixed week" assessments???

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
My two older brothers are fine with it. Not really my concern....my concern is Wyndham trying to back out of Platinum, or mess with me when it comes time to change names, etc.

Also in regards to the FW.....I always was concerned that there could be a way they say that since this was a fixed week, I would have to pay "fixed week" assessments???

Even if your name were not on the account, when you inherit the contracts, the VIP status would come with them. Wyndham won't try to screw you out of that. Don't worry, you're gold, man. Or platinum, as it were.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

You would have to pay assessments for ANY contract you own. The ones you own, you would pay the property's assessment based on your point share (or underlying deed for the FW). If you were CWA, any deeds owned by the CWA Trust in resorts experiencing special assessments would be split among all CWA owners, thereby kind of diluting their effect on an individual member.

John_and_Val

Reaction score
And then I get to the Wyndham Sales Pitch!
Was approached (I always get my owner update money) with a suggestion to basically trade in the PIC and the FW, buy a block of points in CWA and eliminate the chance of a over priced assessment......
To me it seems like I would be spending ALOT of money to achieve what I have now.
The special assessment part was presented to me as if it could be a lot more money than If I owned points - outright.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
And then I get to the Wyndham Sales Pitch!
Was approached (I always get my owner update money) with a suggestion to basically trade in the PIC and the FW, buy a block of points in CWA and eliminate the chance of a over priced assessment......
To me it seems like I would be spending ALOT of money to achieve what I have now.
The special assessment part was presented to me as if it could be a lot more money than If I owned points - outright.

Well, it's true that CWA eases the pain of assessments because you pay only the fraction of an assessments that represents CWA's % ownership of that resort.

But you are clearly happy with your ownership. Why would you change that?

And even if they could tell you CWA will experience NO assessments (which they can't), why would you pay $20K-$30K to save a ~thousand dollar assessement that might come up once in 20 years in one of your owned resorts, if it even comes up at all?

If he doesn't get you to buy something, he gets no commission. :)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it!!!!!
Thank you for you information.

And a final note, if you haven't picked it up around here, if you do happen to pick up a resale contract to add to the account, your 50% points discount applies to those points, too. That could change in the future.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham sales weasels use scare tactics like special assessment costs, etc., to get you to buy from them. Don't fall for it. Keep what you have and use the %#@$ out of it...

John_and_Val

Reaction score
I have been seriously thinking of buying more points.........here's why.
Now that they are eliminating the "cancelled Points", I can use the extra points throughout the year for the book and rebook thing. Towards September I can roll a bunch of points into the credit pool and save them for a big "preset" trip once in a while.

Do you guys agree?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been seriously thinking of buying more points.........here's why.
Now that they are eliminating the "cancelled Points", I can use the extra points throughout the year for the book and rebook thing. Towards September I can roll a bunch of points into the credit pool and save them for a big "preset" trip once in a while.

Do you guys agree?

Sounds like a plan, so long as the maintenance fees don't get on top of you.