• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guest Certificate Question

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I exchanged my unit in Florida for one in St. Thomas. My daughter and her family will be checking in with me arriving the next day. Do I need a guest certificate from Interval? She is on my Interval account. I would be willing to give her my credit card for check in.

Donna

Last edited:

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think one is needed. I assume it's Marriott. I would call them directly and have them place her name on the reservation with yours and explain the situation.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I exchanged my unit in Florida for one in St. Thomas. My daughter and her family will be checking in with me arriving the next day. Do I need a guest certificate from Interval? She is on my Interval account. I would be willing to give her my credit card for check in.

Donna

There is a chance that she may not need a guest certificate but with her whole family flying to St Thomas why take a chance that she may not be able to check in? Get the guest certificate!

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had very good luck with Marriott timeshare properties (on an II exchange) allowing others to check-in before I arrive. Because I usually travel stand-by I will call the property directly and give them the name of my travel companions. Marriott will add their name to the reservation and allow them to check-in before I arrive. A couple of times I've even been a couple of days behind them and it's never been a problem.

josh1231

TUG Member
Reaction score

Donna

This was 2 years ago, but when I was doing something similar I just called Interval and had the two people's name added to the reservation. You might call them before spending the money.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you add his or her name to the reservation, then they can actually go to Marriott.com and see & print their reservation here "find a specific reservation" by inputting their last name and reservation number. OR have Marriott email you the revised reservation with your guest's name and then forward it to them. They can print it out and have it at check-in.

Last edited:

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I called Marriott, but since it was exchanged through Interval I would have to call Interval and get a guest certificate, which would be $ 39.00.

Thanks

Donna

curbysplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Streamside-Birch, Marriott Custom House
I called Marriott, but since it was exchanged through Interval I would have to call Interval and get a guest certificate, which would be $ 39.00.

Thanks

Donna

Just call Frenchmans Cove directly at 1-340-693-4800 and they will add your daughter's name to your reservation. We exchanged through II and did just that, adding my son's name to our reservation shortly before we left for St Thomas. The folks there are extremely accommodating as I have found at all Marriotts I've traded into.