• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long for a points account transfer?

guitarlars

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a timeshare and as part of the transaction the previous owners points accounts was sold/transferred to me.

The RCI transfer paperwork has been submitted and now I'm curious about the timing. I checked and my card has not been charged the transfer fee, so clearly it's not moving too quickly.

This becomes an issue as the resort cannot finalize the tranfer without word from RCI. They have the deed, etc. but without confirmation from RCI they can't take the next step.

Wouldn't be a problem (other than time passing and lost exchange potential) except that maintenance is coming due and there will be issues with payment if they don't have this complete.

Any guidance as to how long this should take?

Thanks,

Lars

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
guitarlars,

Once you submit an RCI Points Membership Transfer Application (MTA), it should require no more than 7-10 days for our staff to complete the transfer.

If you need the Points MTA, please send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team will be happy to send you one.

guitarlars

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge - Still no word

Madge:

Thanks for the info, but it's been well over 10 days and still nothing and still my credit card has not been charged.

I submitted the completed account transfer form as required.

Is there a way to check the status and confirm it has been received?

Thanks

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
guitarlars,

To check the status of your MTA, please send a message to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team can check on it for you. It will be helpful for them to have the seller's RCI ID number as well as yours.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Madge,

Is the Points Membership Transfer form different from the Weeks MTA that is on the RCI website? That form does not appear to be for Points transfers. Also, I understand that there is a $79 fee for a transfer with the MTA that is for Weeks...is the fee the same in Points? What if the recipient of the Points to be transferred does not have a prior Points membership...do they need to pay the $199 to set up a new Points account in addition to an additional fee for the transfer? Thanks.

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Danielle,

The Points MTA is different and is not yet available online.

The $79 USD MTA fee is for Weeks specifically. The fee for Points is $100 USD, and $199 USD if a new membership account is needed.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Madge said:
Danielle,

The Points MTA is different and is not yet available online.

The $79 USD MTA fee is for Weeks specifically. The fee for Points is $100 USD, and $199 USD if a new membership account is needed.

Thanks Madge.