• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney's Vero Beach Resort

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
hi to all,

will be in Sebastian at oyster pointe for July 4th week traveling with 2 teenage girls. They are wanting to have some beach time and was wondering about if possible to get on DVB to get beach access with lower risk than say a public beach.

I know some DVC locations are gated and not sure about this one.

If anyone was going to be onsite DVB, that might help a fellow tugger out that would be great.

Will be arriving to Oyster Pointe fri july 3rd from NC.

If you have info or can help with beach access for two teenage girls, well behaved "A" high school raising Sr. students, that would be GREAT, as tony the tiger would say..

thanks and have a wonder sunny day.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
There is public beach access next door.
You could probably wander into the resort without much difficulty.:ignore:
Someone will usually hold the gate open for you for the pool.
I don't think they will let you park on site unless you told them you were going to eat lunch at the restaurant.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
hi to all,

will be in Sebastian at oyster pointe for July 4th week traveling with 2 teenage girls. They are wanting to have some beach time and was wondering about if possible to get on DVB to get beach access with lower risk than say a public beach.

Curious: what "risk" are you referring to?

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious: what "risk" are you referring to?
Yeah, that's the big question for me too.

What kind of risk are you concerned about -- water conditions, sharks, man-of-war, boys with no brains...?

If you're staying where I think you are, you are on the mainland, not on the beach. If so, no matter where you go, it's gonna be a drive, but probably anywhere along A1A should be fine. I think most of the beaches in that part of Florida will be pretty uncrowded, maybe even deserted.

If you're concerned about swimming conditions, I would go to a public beach because you will have lifeguards who are paying close attention to things.

At most private beaches, you won't have lifeguards. I know DVC-VB has lifeguards at their pool, but I doubt if they have them on the beach.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
there you go.. hit the nail on the head.. boys with no brains & deserted beaches could be considered a risk for two teenagers especially during a holiday times.

call me overprotective but the world now is not the same world "we" grow up in.

I appreciate you concern and your suggestions.

What kind of risk are you concerned about -- water conditions, sharks, man-of-war, boys with no brains...?

If you're staying where I think you are, you are on the mainland, not on the beach. If so, no matter where you go, it's gonna be a drive, but probably anywhere along A1A should be fine. I think most of the beaches in that part of Florida will be pretty uncrowded, maybe even deserted.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
there you go.. hit the nail on the head.. boys with no brains & deserted beaches could be considered a risk for two teenagers especially during a holiday times.
Well, I think much of the beach area nearby Sebastian is going to be very low-density. I would probably go to the state park at Sebastian Inlet, but I'm only marginally familiar with that area. Maybe some local residents can offer better advice.

The other alternative would be for Dad to stay with them -- not right with them, but within sight. I do that when I take my daughter and her BFF to baseball games. BFF Mom and I sit 4-5 rows behind them to give them their space, but still be able to ensure their safety. Works great, and after 10 minutes they don't even know we're there. Until they need money, of course!
call me overprotective but the world now is not the same world "we" grow up in.
No, I'd call you realistic. It's too bad we have to think that way -- but we DO have to think that way.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just at DVC Vero a few months ago.

There is an attendant at the entrance of the resort. In order to drop off there you would need to tell them you are eating at a restaurant.

The entire place requires key cards (all pool areas and the beach access). They could walk through the lobby and get to the main walkway and then go to the beach. But, there is key access cards on the decking down to the beach. They work one way - either to get on the beach or off the beach. Can't remember.

If you own DVC.....maybe a call to the front desk to see if they will allow you to visit is the best way.

But, I would caution about the beach there. Riptides can be strong and they have no lifeguards. When we were there in April, the weather was beautiful, but most people stayed at the pool. Very few people on the beach. If they needed help for whatever reason, they may not have a lot of people to turn to.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hear you on the needing money part.. Both the girls, daughter and BF, have jobs so they know to bring money.. I buy food, gas, boat rental and drive but that about it. :)

I will get them to check out the area around the DVC, VB to be around people and a nice beach area in looking around the area on SAT.

We have been to the Inlet state park area to watch sea turtles come and go and that is a good area to be on the beach.

PinkTink63

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you're concerned about swimming conditions, I would go to a public beach because you will have lifeguards who are paying close attention to things.

At most private beaches, you won't have lifeguards. I know DVC-VB has lifeguards at their pool, but I doubt if they have them on the beach.

There is a life guard station right next to DVB. We always swim there!

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
do they have a big fireworks display on the 4th at DVC, Vb.. we were in sebastian standing on the pier to the boats, at oyster bay, watching the fireworks being shot of an island (pelican Island i believe) just across from the freedom park and could see off in the distance past the sebastian fireworks more fireworks.

It was a nice big display that lasted for a good 20 or so min and towards the end it was a bunch of shots going off at the same time..

I have seen the firework that Disney does at Celebration and it was close to that kinda display.. big and lots...

just wondering if that be what we were seeing.. In looking at google map the angle and distance makes sense.