• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I rent just 4 nights?

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
I normally rent full weeks via TUG or another time share web site. We own Hyatt points and used to own 2 weeks at RCI. Just got rid of the RCI weeks, had owned for 19 years and got great use of them - but really just had more then we could use. It seemed like I was renting as much as trading and renting was really easier - so I am looking for some advice.

We have stayed at Old Key West, Saratoga, Boardwalk, and most recently Bonnet Creek. We have stayed at of-site at Sheraton, Hilton and Marriott properties - all very nice, but really prefer on-site.

Our son is going off to College soon and we would love to piggy back a 4 night vacation onto a Swim meet in Orlando in July of 2016. It would be a Sunday night check-in and my preferred unit is a one bedroom/2 bath Animal Kingdom unit.

Disney experts - is this even possible via renting points or do I have to pay the big hungry Mouse?

I love TUG and thank you so much for any help you can provide. I am a planner and would like to try to start trying to figure this out. They even already have the dates of the 2016 Speedo Southern Sectional July swim meet set - so I already know the date!

We might be up in Orlando in March for another swim meet of course - but I thought July might be easier to rent then March? Also he would have the school issue, even if it is Spring Break - he still has home work :annoyed:

Thanks again for any help on my thoughts!

ailin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure, you can rent 4 nights. DVC owners don't have to book full weeks. I'm doing a 2 night rental with someone I found on the Rent/Trade section of Disboards (need to be logged in to see this section). Mouseowners forum also has a Rent/Trade section. Or you can pay a little more and go through one of the brokers.

AKV is pretty big, so I think you can probably book at 7 months. It usually costs a little more to book at 11 months.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
If possible try to book your piggy back unit from Sunday to Thursday when the points are cheaper but yes an owner can book as little as 1 night.

AKV has lots of units and you will want a Kidani unit for the 2 bathrooms since Jambo house has only 1 bath in the 1 bedrooms.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Thanks!

Thanks for the help, we actually wanted to stay Sun - Thur so it will work perfect. About how much should a point run? I know Disney prices are much different then normal timeshare. Does anybody know the range, I did find the point chart - the nights should run around 26 points per night.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the range, I did find the point chart - the nights should run around 26 points per night.

Owners will rent for $11 - $15 per point. Brokers will charge a little more. You can look at the rent/trade board on mouseowners.com to see what most are asking for.