• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen RCI exchanging into DVC

ptlohmysoul

Reaction score
Has anyone done this recently and remember the process and the timeframe? Just booked a vacation last night about 190 days from now. The points have not yet been deducted from either RCI nor bluegreen and the credit card only shows a pending charge so far. Wondering when we can expect RCI to notify DVC so that we can get our reservation number, link it to MDE and start booking ADRs at 180 days?

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
It takes a couple of days for the points to be deducted from your Bluegreen account. If you have multiple contracts with different expiration dates, take a picture of the screen before Bluegreen takes out the points. They sometimes will not take out the ones expiring first and I would have to call to get those adjusted.

I usually allow 10 - 14 days to get into the Disney system. The last time I received a packet from Disney within 7 days with my resort reservation number.

Once I received that then I call in to Disney Vacation Club to put the rest of the the people on the reservation.

ptlohmysoul

Reaction score
I usually allow 10 - 14 days to get into the Disney system. The last time I received a packet from Disney within 7 days with my resort reservation number.

You received the packet from Disney within 7 days of when you reserved the exchange in RCI or within 7 days of it getting into Disney's system?

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Within 7 days of the confirmed reservation through RCI - It takes 24 hours so it was 8 days that I received it.

Disney Vacation Club suggests not to call for at least 7 to 10 days to get in their system.