• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy Birthday TUG!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
20 years ago this month my father and a group of other Timeshare Owners began to organize what was originally a Prodigy Bulletin Board System (where TUGBBS came from) composed of a handful of Timeshare owners discussion resorts and Timesharing, into what we now call TUG.

side note: TUG was/is actually one of the very first commercial sites on the Internet! not sure how many of you remember back to 1993, but the internet wasnt nearly as popular as it is now. The TUG website is older than these companies that may suprise you!:

Google - 1998
Mozilla (company that designed firefox browser) - 2002
Internet Explorer didnt even come out until 1995!!
RCI.com (while the company was founded in the 70s, they didnt create a website till 1998)
Intervalworld.com - (founded in 70s, website in 98)
ARDA - (founded in 70s, website in 96)

in fact, id be willing to bet that TUG was the very first website relating to timeshares period.

Over the last twenty years, TUG has helped tens of thousands of timeshare owners, many to this day remain to pass on the gift of knowledge they likely received themselves many moons ago through the various websites and TUGBBS forum installations we have had over the years.

Many Millions of dollars worth of Timeshares sold and rented by TUGGERS.
Many Millions of dollars worth of money saved just from folks finding TUG in time to discover the resale market.

More than that though is the unimaginable value of information passed on and learned year after year through nothing more than Timeshare owners helping each other understand and best use this product that comes with no instruction manual. I have even heard in the past TUG is the "handbook" for Timeshares, and believe it to be true to this day.

Happy Birthday TUG, and everyone who had a part in making this community what it is today over the past 20 years has my (and likely every timeshare owner whos come across tug looking for help) eternal gratitude.

Heres to 20 more years =) :cheer:

First Birthday Giveaway (there will be a few)

Best and most comprehensive review (doesnt matter when the last one was) in the next few days will get free TUG swag!

swag includes

1. Beach Tote Bag with TUG logo
2. TUG T-shirt
3. Collection of TUG stickers!
4. 1 year free TUG membership extension

submit away
!

Thank You

-Brian

Last edited:

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Happy 20th and here's to many, many more. :cheer::cheer:

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday TUG!! I think I found TUG right around it's inception. I remember the "Fern's Cafe" section. It has evolved into a magnifient source of timeshare information but also a forum of friendship. It is a part of my life, every day.

Brian, thank you a million times over for your dedication to keeping TUG up and running. You, along with all the Mods do a great job of monitoring and keeping things in check; allowing TUG to remain a place of integrity, friendship, and never-ending information on all matters of information. Again, thank you!

Jan

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday TUG! I joined in 1999 (or maybe 1998) after my first trip to Hawaii. I still remember Sunday night chat group in the old days. TUG certainly has come a long way and I am very glad to be part of it.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday, tug. Hope you have 20 more successful years.

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Tug!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

and a big thank you Brian for all your work in keeping this board up and running!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday TUG, and MANY happy returns! I was one of those who joined back in the Prodigy days, and remember Fern's Cafe well. TUG has become a big part of many lives. There are still people who need to hear the message and drink the TUG brand of Kool-Aid. Oh, with a big piece of cake!

Jim Ricks

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday TUG and a HUGE thank you to all the admins & mods that keep it up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sun&fun

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday TUG and congratulations on all the great service to timeshare users.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday

I found the predecessor to TUG (Fern's group) soon after buying my first timeshare in 1980. I have been with you ever since as a avid reader, occasional contributor, eager learner, and beneficiary of many great opportunities for resale in remote places and points configurations.
GO GOOD TUG!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Happy Birthday TUG!!!

We bought our first timeshare in 1991 and connected with Fern's group first and then TUG!!! Like most of the others with the June 5,6,or 7, 2005 join dates, we were members of the older system.

I check it every day! I have learned so much!

:cheer: Thanks!!! :cheer:

channimal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Feliz Cumpleaños:cheer: DW and I wish we had found you prior to our developer purchase.. but man oh man you've helped us save a bunch and maximize what we do have!!

Here's to another great 20 years!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to the #1 Timeshare Web site !!!

Happy Birthday Brian and to all who played a part in starting this outstanding web site.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
First Birthday Giveaway (there will be a few)

Best and most comprehensive review (doesnt matter when the last one was) in the next few days will get free TUG swag!

swag includes

1. Beach Tote Bag with TUG logo
2. TUG T-shirt
3. Collection of TUG stickers!
4. 1 year free TUG membership extension

submit away!

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Happy Birthday, TUG. Thanks to Bill for starting TUG and to Brian for continuing it. I joined in 1996 a few months after buying from a developer. Never did that again.

TUG has influenced my life in a lot more ways than timesharing. I have made some wonderful friends, especially my great traveling buddy, Kay H. I dated another Tugger for a few years and enjoyed several traveling experiences that were out of my norm. I would never have found Sun City Hilton Head where I am thoroughly enjoying my retirement.

I owe a lot to TUG!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
A really old post

In THIS POST FROM 2000, which was salvaged from our previous bulletin board, Bill Rogers relates some info about TUG's founding and earliest days (among other things).

FWIW, I first joined as a result of one of those printed newsletters he mentions, before TUG had any internet presence.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to TUG. Oh, all the friends I've made through TUG. Love and {{{ HUGS }}} to you all.

Fern (an Original TUGger)

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Happy Birthday TUG!!!
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday. Thanks for making me a hero to my family.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Happy Birthday, TUG!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Happy Birthday TUG. This truly is a great community of great people!

not sure how many of you remember back to 2003,

Brian, I think you meant to say 1993 here and not 2003.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Happy Birthday TUG! I joined in 1996 or 1997, when the old BBS system was in place. I check in every day and appreciate all you, your dad, and the TUGGERS have done for me and my timesharing experiences.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Happy Birthday, Tug! I've only been around here about seven years, but some days it seems like a lifetime. LOL! :)

Dave