• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New HCC Location - Lake Tahoe...

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score

This new and luxurious 2-bedroom residence ( 1300 sq ) is right inside Northstar Village, within walking distance to the chairlift, ice rink, restaurants and Tahoe’s vibrant night life. Golfers will love the close proximity to area courses, and it’s only a ten-minute drive to Lake Tahoe. If you want a cozy night in, watch the skiers cruise down the mountain from the comfort of your gorgeous living room.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Seems like HCC has several ski resorts, are a lot of the members in the northern CA area?

Las Vegas/Miami/Key West/Kaui/Scottsdale would be nice. But I am not a member (yet) so just looking in from the outside.

I am looking a potential trial for Tuscany/Europe trip, I wonder if it is doable to get Tuscany in the summer.

S

Steamboat Bill

Lot's of people have requested this location. I just wish it had 3 bedrooms.

GOLFNBEACH

Reaction score
It was my understanding that HCC advertises 1 new property for every 6-8 memberships sold. However, I have been following HCC for about 2 months and have not seen any new properties become available. Has there been a delay in getting new properties or did I simply not notice the additions? Maybe under contract assumes the new properties?

Kagehitokiri

Reaction score
I have been following HCC for about 2 months and have not seen any new properties become available.
1. PVR was added 1 month ago, and has been available for 2 weeks.

2. OBX has been "being furnished" for 6 weeks+ :eek: :confused:

3. Punta Mita has been "being furnished" for 2 weeks+

then 2 more under contract.

Last edited:
S

Steamboat Bill

It was my understanding that HCC advertises 1 new property for every 6-8 memberships sold. However, I have been following HCC for about 2 months and have not seen any new properties become available. Has there been a delay in getting new properties or did I simply not notice the additions? Maybe under contract assumes the new properties?

These are one property per 6-8 Private Memberships....

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past few months, the following were added..

Outrer Banks
Puerto Vallarta
Punta Mita
8 Additional weeks to La Costa bring the sum total to 1/2 years worth.

In the past, I have noticed that HCC tends to add properties in batches of 3-4. Count Lake Tahoe as the first one of a new batch. I would expect to see 2-3 more destinations/properties being announced within a month of the above being available for reservation.

Kagehitokiri

Reaction score
any idea why OBX is still "being furnished" and how long it normally takes?

Last edited:

GOLFNBEACH

Reaction score
In the past few months, the following were added..

Outrer Banks
Puerto Vallarta
Punta Mita
8 Additional weeks to La Costa bring the sum total to 1/2 years worth.

In the past, I have noticed that HCC tends to add properties in batches of 3-4. Count Lake Tahoe as the first one of a new batch. I would expect to see 2-3 more destinations/properties being announced within a month of the above being available for reservation.

How long does it usually take the new properties to actually become available to use?

Kagehitokiri

Reaction score
you apparently did not notice PVR, which has been available for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
More Properties - High Country Club tends to put properties under contract in groupings, so you may expect more in the near future...... ;)

Miami and Vegas - We've discussed this several times in the past. They have these locations targeted but have avoided them due to the falling (and continuing to fall) real estate markets in those two cities. They actually had a Vegas condo under contract in the new "W" resort but that resort got canceled due to the RE conditions.

"Furnishing" New Properties - The length of time to "furnish" a new property is totally variable depending what they need to do. Sometimes they do a total gut and renovation, sometimes it's only appliances and furniture and sometimes it's a hold-up for a new mechanical system like a brand new HVAC system at the Maui property when they purchased it.

OBX - High Country Club should characterize this as "being built" since it's a new home built from the ground up. It will be one of the flagship properties so I can wait a few months more. :)

Member to Property Ratio - High Country Club has been averaging about 6-7 properties per FULL membership (Private/Corporate/Group). They are averaging just under 20 new members a month but not all are full memberships. HCC and the DC industry is increasingly moving away from this ratio and looking at availability as a barometer for property portfolio. So far, HCC has had good availability.

Tuscany - Eight weeks are currently available at the Tuscany property in Summer with plenty also available in Spring and Fall. Availability should be no problem.

Kagehitokiri

Reaction score
what properties were gutted?

how old is the Maui condo?

if OBX is under construction, why did they move from "under contract" to "being furnished" :confused:

Last edited:

vineyarder

Reaction score
Member to Property Ratio - High Country Club has been averaging about 6-7 properties per FULL membership (Private/Corporate/Group). They are averaging just under 20 new members a month but not all are full memberships. HCC and the DC industry is increasingly moving away from this ratio and looking at availability as a barometer for property portfolio. So far, HCC has had good availability.

According to the September HCC newsletter (released today?), ' with the addition of OBX, PM, PV and CR, HCC is currently operating below a 6:1 member to home ratio, and once the membership base catches up with the real estate portfolio, we will begin to place additional properties under contract.'

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
what properties were gutted?
Aspen/Snowmass, Maui and others
how old is the Maui condo?
I believe I've seen other threads say the complex was built in the mid-90s
if OBX is under construction, why did they move from "under contract" to "being furnished" :confused:
Because it's nearing completion and these are the two categories they have on the web site. :)

steve b

TUG Member
Reaction score
great property in tahoe

I'm so excited about the northstar property. HCC has a great business plan and really seems to be on the cutting edge of great new destinations.
steve b

Brian222golf

Reaction score
I finally joined.

I am very excited about the new corporate membership that I have purchased. This board is great - excellent advice.

Thanks to everyone!!

Brian

greenlight

Reaction score
Great Location

I'm a prospective HCC member, and I am very happy with the Northstar location. Being in the village is fantastic. Northstar is, I'd say, a great family ski resort.