• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Internet Speed Test

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My home internet is pretty mediocre. I live in the boonies, and have no wired internet. Can only get it via wireless - 4G LTE. So it maxes out at about 5 Mbps.

However, here's what I have at work:

3383869745.png

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Comcast asked if I wanted to pay $20/month for faster service than this.

3384039776.png

I said as soon as the connection on the other end gets faster. I've never had downloads that come anywhere close to my current connection speed.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando

Welcome to the world of ADSL.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

I think were slow but I don't know what fast is so Im not sure. It seems good enough to run 3 devices without any problems. Good enough to watch netflix on 2 tv's.

Bill

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3385239681

Sorry, Im not sure how to display my results like you tech heads.

I think were slow but I don't know what fast is so Im not sure. It seems good enough to run 3 devices without any problems. Good enough to watch netflix on 2 tv's.

Bill

When you click the Share This Result button, the window you are taken to has several tabs on it. You want the one that says forum. You just copied the link from the Web tab.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Nothing special here, though we have a very bad ping number. Could be why we have latency issues with our Ooma VOIP phone?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
From our condo on TWC's Turbo package:
799708794.png

Edited to add test from the house (on ViaSat Wildblue/Exede Satellite):
801625344.png

Edited to add a pair of side-by-side tests from the house using AT&T wireless with line of site to the tower, affectionately known as the "AT&T tree!". The first is 3G (limited by my iPad 2), the second is LTE using my husband's iPad 3:
801635520.png

801651306.png

Last edited:

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well you are blowing all of us away with your office speed. That is blazing fast!

My home internet is pretty mediocre. I live in the boonies, and have no wired internet. Can only get it via wireless - 4G LTE. So it maxes out at about 5 Mbps.

However, here's what I have at work:

3383869745.png

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
3390769525.png

Good think I don't have to upload many files!!! Could it be some settings restricting the upload speed?

Last edited:

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I pay for 15, and get a consistent 14+ down, .98 up (1.00 paid for). Right now I got 12.2 on the iPad with Mrs Mosca using the laptop in the other chair.

My Samsung Galaxy 3 on Verizon 4G gets 32 down and 16 up, the tower is a couple hundred yards away, and at work it is in the parking lot.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
one more ...

Ah, I had hoped to add this my earlier post but I've exceeded the "Edit" period. The following was tested from our condo using T-Mobile LTE wireless.
803482375.png

FWIW, I think this would be a fun element to add to our Resort Reviews! It would be interesting to track/report the service offered from the resort as well as which wireless carriers blanket the area.

Last edited:

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I couldn't paste image of OOKLA speed test, but here's what I'm getting out in the boonies in central Ontario, Canada on fibre internet. Of course it changes a little each time I run it.

Ping: 6ms
Download: 25.71 mbps
Upload: 33.39 mbps