• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Program Fee?

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen many ads for resale points on ebay in which the mf's are said to be "including the program fee"? What is this? If a already own at Wyndham am i already paying a program fee, so my actual fees will be less than what is stated in add?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen many ads for resale points on ebay in which the mf's are said to be "including the program fee"? What is this? If a already own at Wyndham am i already paying a program fee, so my actual fees will be less than what is stated in add?

In addition to mintenance fees, Club Wyndham charges a Club Fee. Resale doesn't include Plus Partners, so the Club Fee is $0.55 with a minimum of $128 per year. This means that if you have less than 231K points, you pay a flat $128 per year. It's 2 cents more per thousand if you have developer sold points, and I'm not sure about the minimum.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
adding to whats already been said. if you buy something new but your total is under about 231ooo points your program fee will stay the same, but if you go over 231000 every point is subject to the same 55 (or 57) cents per 1000 charge

The maintenance fee is set by the resort,
the program fee is what makes it possible to use your points at any of the other resorts, Basically its the fee that you pay to exchange your ownership for a vacation stay at one of the other Club Wyndham resorts

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
... Basically its the fee that you pay to exchange your ownership for a vacation stay at one of the other Club Wyndham resorts

Plus, when you own Wyndham points, the Program Fee (CWP or CWA) includes the RCI membership fee each year.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

For all practical purposes, if the eBay listing is for a contract larger than 231k AND you already own at least 231k, then your MF would go up by the SAME amount listed in the ad, with possible 2c/1000 points difference as mentioned by others.

If the eBay listing is for less than 231k and you already own at least 231k, your additional MF by purchasing that contract will be LESS than advertised.

If the eBay listing is for less than 231k and you also own less than 231k, your additional MF by purchasing that contract MAY be less than advertised (the combined account would have to cross the 231k threshold), but should not be any more than advertised.

Of course, all this assumes that the seller has the right MF rate. There is usually a maintenance fee thread in this forum to determine the accurate underlying maintenance fees (i.e., not including the Program Fee) for a given resort. Then add the proper PF rate depending on whether you have any developer points or are 100% resale.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to mintenance fees, Club Wyndham charges a Club Fee. Resale doesn't include Plus Partners, so the Club Fee is $0.55 with a minimum of $128 per year. This means that if you have less than 231K points, you pay a flat $128 per year. It's 2 cents more per thousand if you have developer sold points, and I'm not sure about the minimum.

I don't have the exact data, but historically the developer minimum has been about $10-11 higher than the resale minimum, so the best I can surmise is a $139 minimum for the developer-derived Program Fee.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's $147 this year on my bill for 182k annualized points.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the minimum raised. $128 a year barely covers the rci fee let alone everything else.

I have three accounts and only need one rci account but do not get any kind if discount for that.