• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changes to Shell I.I. Exchanges coming!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this email. Some of the exchange points rates went up. II recently changed some of their locations to Elite and those will now be 6,000 Shell points for a 2 bedroom to exchange to instead of the previous 4500.

Here's the good news! Shell owners will be able to use their Shell points to exchange for Shell properties in II. That means that if you own Shell and you want to stay at Vino Bell in a 2 bedroom during peak times, you'll be able to exchange in for less money than booking on points if you stay the whole week.

"Getting you on the vacation of your dreams is our priority. While we always hope that you’ll find that perfect getaway with Shell Vacations Club, we know that you may wish to travel to other destinations as well. Interval International, your external exchange company, is a valuable option to help you visit beautiful resorts and exciting vacation destinations outside the Shell Vacations Club portfolio.
While we’ve been able to hold the exchange Point values at the same level since 1999, there will be a few changes beginning July 1, 2016. These changes reflect the additional resorts that have been added to the Shell Vacations Club portfolio in the past 15+ years, as well as updates to Interval International’s Travel Demand Index and its four-tiered structure — Elite, Premier, Select and Affiliate.

Additionally, beginning July 1, 2016, members may also access Shell Vacations Club inventory through Interval International. This is particularly helpful when members have points deposited with Interval International but would like to book additional reservations at a Shell Vacations Club resort. Whether you decide to vacation at a Shell Vacations Club resort or a new destination in Interval International’s portfolio, your “Request First” reservation feature is the best tool when attempting to book at the more sought-after resorts!

Understanding Interval International

Exchanging through Interval International can help you maximize your membership. Learn more about Interval International and a host of other topics through Learning On Request videos, available exclusively on your Shell Vacations Club owner website. The “Understanding Interval International” video specifically explains how to take advantage of Interval International exchanges.

Book an Exchange Prior to June 30

Point values with Interval International will stay the same for exchange reservations booked by June 30, so now is a great time to book any external exchanges you may have planned. Visit the External Exchange page on your owner website to view the current Points Chart for External Exchanges.

Preview the New Points Chart

The updated Points Chart for External Exchanges is provided below for your reference. This new chart will go into effect July 1 and will be available on www.shellvacationsclub.com and in your Shell Vacations Club Resort Directory on that date.

We appreciate this opportunity to keep you informed of the latest developments with Shell Vacations Club. Look for more news and updates in your Directions magazine and in Shell Vacations Club’s Pulse newsletter. To update your account information and ensure you are receiving these valuable resources, please contact Member Services at 877-743-5510."

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Interval International changes for Shell

I cannot copy/paste with my tablet, but the changes to exchange through II will be drastic. I just got an email. Prime season 3 to 4 bedrooms will be as many as 7K points in exchange, and those are the gold and elite II properties.

So if you want to book exchanges for prime season, definitely book by June 30th.

At least we get to stay with II!

Last edited by a moderator:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I saw a max of 7K for gold and elite 3 to 4 beds in the chart. I just posted another thread, but it takes so long to write on this tablet, you beat me to it.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw a max of 7K for gold and elite 3 to 4 beds in the chart. I just posted another thread, but it takes so long to write on this tablet, you beat me to it.

Thanks. I meant to type for 2bedroom units and have edited my post.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
see Attached Chart in next post. On the positive side, it appears like Cindy noted, that Shell will remain in II at least for the next few years, just like Worldmark has after acquisition by Wyndham.

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the chart

Attachments

• WVR_Shell_TravelIndex 2016.jpg
    WVR_Shell_TravelIndex 2016.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

kpeiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, if our points lose value in trading power, do the MF costs go down as well? It seems odd that exchange points go up when the property point values are fixed. Is this a bonus for Shell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Guess I was Lucky

I'm not really much of an exchanger (other than the RCI points that we have for that purpose). I typically use what I own. However, I retired a year ago and we had a great month of skiing in Colorado/Utah last year so we decided to go for broke this coming ski season and spend almost the whole season timesharing and skiing.

So, in January/February 2017 I'm using 3 exchanges in Breckenridge through II via Shell. It cost me a total of 10500 Shell Points. After the change it would 15,000.

Guess my timing was good. Will take a different approach in future years!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do we still get 50% off II online confirmations which are < 60 days ahead? Not that I see much anymore, with eplus retrade capability.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we still get 50% off II online confirmations which are < 60 days ahead? Not that I see much anymore, with eplus retrade capability.

I am still seeing the resorts at 50% off points for the next 60 days. I couldn't find anything on the website that mentions it. It's making me wonder if they are changing it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The fact the email didn't mention anything about 50% off is making me think Shell won't have that benefit anymore.

Shell is forcing people to choose RCI, but I cannot have more credits in RCI.

I currently have a ridiculous 600 TPU's to use, plus RCI Points galore. They are building all of the time because I have been using Wyndham points for my exchanges, and the trading power is outstanding to places I want to go. I use the Wyndham points because I have been stuck with the deposits to RCI, since the decision Wyndham made to make all use years the same, January 1st.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's also possible they are changing the dates for reduced exchange but don't want to announce it yet. Over the last year DRI dropped the reduced exchange down to 30 days prior.

Either way if there is something you see in the 60 day window, I would grab it now rather than waiting.