• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sell My Timeshare? Encore?

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not advertising, but looking to sell a timeshare. I know we are always told not to pay up front costs, but an article in the LA Times said paying up to $1000 for marketing was OK. Sell my timeshare told me that if I sold at $8,000 I would be the lowest price for that particular thing and that they had really good results (probably the people who go to a presentation and think of $35,000 and then $10,000 looks great. I called my timeshare and they recommended Nick at Encore who has some deal with them where he will pay me $2500 and then he gets $3000 from the buyback and then of course the developer will charge $40,000. It sounded simple and included all closing costs. Has anyone actually worked with either of these two companies?
Thanks,
Liz

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have to strongly disagree about paying a large upfront fee - that's bad advice. I don't believe that any of the resorts you have listed in your profile will sell for $8,000 nor even close. In fact, I think the last 2 would have to be given away.

Here is a list of reputable brokers who are Tuggers, and they DON'T charge upfront fees - I'd contact them and see what they advise:

Syed Sarmad (TUG user name Syed)
www.advantagevacation.com

Fred Messreni (TUG user name FredM if you want to send him a pm)
www.timeshare-gallery.com

Seth Nock (TUG user name the same if you want to send him a pm)
www.sellingtimeshares.net

Judi Kozlowski (TUG user name the same if you want to send her a pm)
www.timeshareresalepros.com

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The LA Times is giving really horrid advice. Legitimate brokers don't charge anything until the unit is sold. Their cut is taken from the proceeds and is a determined amount well ahead of time. A fee to add a listing to a site is not going to give you what you want, which is a sold property!

You didn't say which week you were selling.

That's quite a deal Nick at Encore is doing. :eek:

I used Syed to sell our 2 bed Sands of Kahana on Maui, but I doubt he will be able to sell anything that is not a fairly high-end timeshare. He was not interested in selling our Maui-ordinary timeshare at all. Not his fault, just how it is. He knew it wouldn't sell for even the cost of his fees. I didn't even want to make anything from it. I think we paid him $3,000 to sell our week at Sands.

The Welk, if you are indeed selling that one, I would contact Tri-West to sell it. This is a local So Cal broker who specializes in the area.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Cindy - I agree that these brokers may not be willing to take her listing, but even if they aren't, they will give her honest advice about the value of her timeshare.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I will contact Sayed and Tri-West. My profile probably isn't actually updated, because I never think about it, but I don't want to advertise here.
Liz

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at Tri-West listings, there are not many and they range from $8,000 to $10,000. I would be happy with less. I hate to sell anything, but I am not using enough weeks now that my husband is gone.
Liz

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, my profile is way out of date. How do I change it? I didn't see an edit option.
Thanks,
Liz

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Well, my profile is way out of date. How do I change it? I didn't see an edit option.
Thanks,
Liz

User CP -> Edit Your Details -> scroll down to "Resorts Owned"

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Liz - I recommend that you contact at least 3 of the brokers that I posted for an honest evaluation of your situation.