• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchase Timeline New Owner

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Thought I would chronicle my purchase experience.

545,000 points annually. 2016 points fully available.
Resort : Wyndham Club Access
Seller: Discount Timeshares (Ebay)

Timeline:

Purchased: June 8, 2016
July 1, 2016 - Wyndham Sends Assignment of Contract and Assumption Agreement
July 12, 2016 - Letter Arrives
July 13, 2016 - letter notarized and sent to closing company
July 15, 2016 - Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. sends via email: Buyers Closing Statement, Membership Compliance Agreement, Membership Occupancy Disclosure, New Owner Setup Information, Requested Drivers License Copy.
July 17, 2016 - Signed, scanned and emailed back to Closing Company.

2nd Contract:
Purchased: July 19, 2016
254,000 points annually. 2016 points fully available.
Resort : Wyndham Club Access
Seller: Timeshares4u (Ebay)

Process: TBA

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is protocol for closing with Wyndham?

I purchased mid-May from Benjamin Timeshares. We signed a short page and submitted ID and payment. We were in deed prep for over a month. They now tell me that they sent closing documents to the owners for signing. Then what?

I also have one for which we signed a power of attorney for closing. What should I expect with this closing?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Next:

-Previous owner sends signed Docs to closing company.
-Closing company prepares deed and sends it to local recording office.
-Recording office records it and sends closing company a stamped copy.
-Closing company sends a copy to you and to Wyndham.
-It sits on someone's desk at Wyndham for awhile.
-Wyndham records it.
-You know it's in your name when you get a bill from Wyndham.

My last Wyndham purchase with Benjamin timeshares took 6 mos.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Next:

-Previous owner sends signed Docs to closing company.
-Closing company prepares deed and sends it to local recording office.
-Recording office records it and sends closing company a stamped copy.
-Closing company sends a copy to you and to Wyndham.
-It sits on someone's desk at Wyndham for awhile.
-Wyndham records it.
-You know it's in your name when you get a bill from Wyndham.

My last Wyndham purchase with Benjamin timeshares took 6 mos.

Thank you.

We seem a bit out of order here. Why would it sit in deed prep for six weeks only to be sent to the owner for signing? My Disney resales were very precise. Sign contract, wait forever for closing paperwork, both parties sign paperwork, watch for deed recording, then wait for Disney to set up the account. It is the same county for crying out loud.

This is an even year contract. So what should I do with these 140K points since it seems obvious that I won't be using them by the end of the year? If I do credit pool can my other contract use those points on the odd year?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thank you.

We seem a bit out of order here. Why would it sit in deed prep for six weeks only to be sent to the owner for signing?

Many things can cause delays:

-Seller is slow to prepare and send Docs to owner.

-Previous owner is slow to sign and return Docs.

-Seller is slow to prepare and send Docs to closing company.

-Closing company is slow to prepare and send Docs to County Recorder.

-Wyndham is slow to process (2 mos. in my case.)

Sign contract, wait forever for closing paperwork, both parties sign paperwork, watch for deed recording, then wait for Disney to set up the account. It is the same county for crying out loud.

OK, but there is no common denominator here, except for the county, and they aren't usually the ones holding it up.

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
545k Contract:

So I called Wyndham Title Services yesterday (July 29, 2016) for an update. They have everything and they will look at it in 5 days. They were processing the 20th of July and mine arrived from closing agency on 25th....

Then she said it was taking 4-6 weeks to fully close presently. This was according to the closing agent.

I'll call in 2 more weeks in hope I can get my member number a week or two before they send the MF bill.

254k Contract: No update...

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called yesterday, too. I didn't get a promo for the title department. My contract is still showing under the seller's name. It was recorded on the 18th, though

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any progress?

Mine aren't going anywhere. The closing company sent everything from my second contract to Wyndham on the 20th and it hasn't even made it out of the mailroom yet.

My first contract is stuck, too. They sent to deed to the owners for signatures and the owners never received it so it was resubmitted. Then they are saying that it will take 4 weeks for the closing company to record it. This is an even year contract. I am beginning to doubt if we will actually be able to use these points this year.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
545000 closed July 5. Called and got member number and already booked some vacation for next year. Still have not received official welcome letter/bill for maintenance fees. Pays to call in advance! :banana:

still need to determine what to do with un-used points for this year.

254000 - received letter from wyndham today. will be mailing back tomorrow to wyndham.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
545000 closed July 5. Called and got member number and already booked some vacation for next year. Still have not received official welcome letter/bill for maintenance fees. Pays to call in advance! :banana:

still need to determine what to do with un-used points for this year.

254000 - received letter from wyndham today. will be mailing back tomorrow to wyndham.

I just called again today and they are now saying that it has been submitted, so that takes about two weeks. I'm 9 days into that so I will be more vigilant (if that is possible) about calling them.

I know that the RCI part might take some time so I am considering dropping the $$ and buying an account right now. I have two Disney trips coming up and I don't have a full reservation for our November trip. That makes me nervous.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 567k National Harbor I purchased in May (May 18, I think) from Sean on eBay. He uses Global Resort Transfers...

Well, a month ago (2 months in) they ask me for a copy of my ID. I sent it that day.

Called yesterday, they are just now getting ready to send the new deed to the county for recording, BUT, I am told, this county has some "crazy" paperwork and takes a lot of time...expect 2 more months. (FYI, I bought another National Harbor account earlier this year...took 2 months from purchase to hitting my account...so I know I'm being snowballed).

So, here we go. I sent a message to Sean yesterday expressing my frustration and asking for his help...no return yet.

So, who else is having this problem with Global Resort Transfer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I just called again today and they are now saying that it has been submitted, so that takes about two weeks. I'm 9 days into that so I will be more vigilant (if that is possible) about calling them.

I know that the RCI part might take some time so I am considering dropping the $$ and buying an account right now. I have two Disney trips coming up and I don't have a full reservation for our November trip. That makes me nervous.

RCI took 1 day for me to be able to access. I just called wyndham services and and the rep said she would send paper work over. She said I would have access in 72 hours. Took 24-36.

Still have not received official welcome letter/bill from wyndham. :) However I've booked this year and next.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 567k National Harbor I purchased in May (May 18, I think) from Sean on eBay. He uses Global Resort Transfers...

Well, a month ago (2 months in) they ask me for a copy of my ID. I sent it that day.

Called yesterday, they are just now getting ready to send the new deed to the county for recording, BUT, I am told, this county has some "crazy" paperwork and takes a lot of time...expect 2 more months. (FYI, I bought another National Harbor account earlier this year...took 2 months from purchase to hitting my account...so I know I'm being snowballed).

So, here we go. I sent a message to Sean yesterday expressing my frustration and asking for his help...no return yet.

National Harbor is crazy and if they dont work with Prince Georges County Md deeds on a regular basis can catch a closing company by surprise

Deeds there have to be presented in person to be recorded. (no electronic recordings and they dont accept deeds by USmail or FedEx or UPS) So the closing company has to hire a local person to do this for them and I think this person has to be given a power of attorney to be able to do it

Im not saying it should take months, it shouldnt, but it does take time.. My last National Harbor contract took over a year, It was a comedy of errors, made worse by Wyndham who put it into someone elses account.. I paid for it March 2015, and I still dont have use of it

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Let me throw in a comment about anyone buying in Hawaii. I have several contracts in Hawaii, one of which I did all of the closing myself. It was a weeks contract at Bali Hai Villas, and the current own had a strange listing on eBay or Craigslist. The owner knew nothing about selling a deeded unit, finding a closing agent, dealing with the Hawaiian government, and Wyndham. In a weak moment, I volunteered to do the closing, and to deal with both the Hawaiian government and Wyndham.

The most difficult of these was dealing with the Hawaiian government. It was almost as if once in awhile one of the bureau’s agents would take a day off from surfing and actually come in to the office to handle transfer of deeds. I learned very quickly that the closing companies that are the most successful in Hawaii have a person located there. (Not a bad job) I ended up calling Hawaii almost every day, and then getting transferred to a phone extension where I would leave a message. There certainly is something to the expression “Hawaiian Time.” I finally found a gentleman who shepherded me through the process and all of the additional hidden fees in Hawaii.

My bottom line is that buying one of these great low maintenance deals at Bali Hai Villas just might take longer than you had expected, if you don’t have the right closing company.

Jim

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score

My National Harbor took 6 months.

My closing company used one in Maryland to file the deed. It's my understanding that it has to be hand carried into the office.

After about 4 months of repeated calls, I called the county clerks office to see if they could update my status. The clerk told me to check the website, it should be done if submitted as stated. I checked the website and my deed was filed over 1 month prior and before I last called my closing agent.

I then emailed a copy to my agent and called her. She said that she wasn't notified by anyone. It was then sent to Wyndham.

Here's the county website:
http://publicrecords.netronline.com/state/MD/county/prince_georges/

Last edited:

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
National Harbor is crazy and if they dont work with Prince Georges County Md deeds on a regular basis can catch a closing company by surprise

Deeds there have to be presented in person to be recorded. (no electronic recordings and they dont accept deeds by USmail or FedEx or UPS) So the closing company has to hire a local person to do this for them and I think this person has to be given a power of attorney to be able to do it

Im not saying it should take months, it shouldnt, but it does take time.. My last National Harbor contract took over a year, It was a comedy of errors, made worse by Wyndham who put it into someone elses account.. I paid for it March 2015, and I still dont have use of it
Thanks Ron...i guess I had a really good closing company on the first contract..I'll have to look it up and are who it was.

Sorry to hear you're still fighting for one! Youch!

Orlando

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me throw in a comment about anyone buying in Hawaii. I have several contracts in Hawaii, one of which I did all of the closing myself. It was a weeks contract at Bali Hai Villas, and the current own had a strange listing on eBay or Craigslist. The owner knew nothing about selling a deeded unit, finding a closing agent, dealing with the Hawaiian government, and Wyndham. In a weak moment, I volunteered to do the closing, and to deal with both the Hawaiian government and Wyndham.

The most difficult of these was dealing with the Hawaiian government. It was almost as if once in awhile one of the bureau’s agents would take a day off from surfing and actually come in to the office to handle transfer of deeds. I learned very quickly that the closing companies that are the most successful in Hawaii have a person located there. (Not a bad job) I ended up calling Hawaii almost every day, and then getting transferred to a phone extension where I would leave a message. There certainly is something to the expression “Hawaiian Time.” I finally found a gentleman who shepherded me through the process and all of the additional hidden fees in Hawaii.

My bottom line is that buying one of these great low maintenance deals at Bali Hai Villas just might take longer than you had expected, if you don’t have the right closing company.

Jim
Jim, I could not help but laugh at your statement regarding them coming in from a day of surfing! That is the feeling we get at times.

Have a blessed day!

Orlando

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score

My closing company used one in Maryland to file the deed. It's my understanding that it has to be hand carried into the office.

After about 4 months of repeated calls, I called the county clerks office to see if they could update my status. The clerk told me to check the website, it should be done if submitted as stated. I checked the website and my deed was filed over 1 month prior and before I last called my closing agent.

I then emailed a copy to my agent and called her. She said that she wasn't notified by anyone. It was then sent to Wyndham.

Thank you! I will definitely use this link to check...i don't want to pester the closing company, yet I also want it done.

I appreciate the feedback!

Orlando

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I will definitely use this link to check...i don't want to pester the closing company, yet I also want it done.

I appreciate the feedback!

Orlando

On the first page, there are 4 selections. You want "Prince Georges County Clerk of the Circuit Court."

It also states "by subscription only." I was able to set up an account 2 years ago that still works. You can enter the sellers name to check the deed.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the first page, there are 4 selections. You want "Prince Georges County Clerk of the Circuit Court."

It also states "by subscription only." I was able to set up an account 2 years ago that still works. You can enter the sellers name to check the deed.
Thank you! Yes, I signed up for a new account and saw where my first deed was recorded...will keep a watch out for the second one.

Thank you for your help!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

You and I are in the same boat. I, too, purchased a Nat'l Harbor from Sean's Timeshare in May. I have found Sean to be very responsive but no warm fuzzies from Global Resort Transfer. I've yet to speak to my closing agent (She doesn't return phone calls or emails. Sean does). I'm overdue to call and check on the status. The people who answer the phone have been very helpful as far as getting a status.

I registered on Global Resort Transfers member website, but my status has not been updated since 7/8/2016. Last entry on 7/8 is 'Transferee called to check on the status of the transfer. Advised that we're in the process of preparing the deed to be recorded.'

Sadly I suppose that means they are still preparing the deed?

Thanks so much for the website. I registered and checked, and the deed is still under the original owner.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
received the bill today from wyndham for maintenance fees. no welcome letter just a bill. :shrug:

Gotta love it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
received the bill today from wyndham for maintenance fees. no welcome letter just a bill. :shrug:

Gotta love it.

With my last 3 Wyndham resale purchases, I never received anything from them acknowledging my new ownership. The first notice I got a was a bill.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
With my last 3 Wyndham resale purchases, I never received anything from them acknowledging my new ownership. The first notice I got a was a bill.

stay classy wyndham :cool:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I recently acquired a fixed week managed by Wyndham that took just about a month from begining to end. I made a deal with the former owner early July and received emailed confirmation everything went through at the end of July. I made my reservation and we're all set :)

The people who handled the closing were LT Transfers btw.