• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying to Understand RCI

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Okay, I now have 2 Wyndham accounts totaling 406K points and 3 WorldMark accounts totaling 39K credits. I have been enjoying them all and having a great time and am sitting in National Harbor as I write this.

I am trying to understand how the Wyndham to RCI exchange will work for Wyndham points if I want to deposit some in the future. I found world wide points chart in a previous post, but I also read under the TUG2.net Wyndham time share advice pages where the author was making 28K deposits of points and getting 2 BR weekly exchanges. But the posting showing the worldwide points chart shows 2-BR costing between 77K-205K in Wyndham points depending on season.

Just curious as I may have 72K in points left this year. I can use if need be but would probably prefer to deposit them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
The old way of doing things, referenced in the advice pages, is no longer accurate. Currently, you may deposit a minimum of 10K points at a time, in any increments of whole 1K points. So, you may deposit 12,000 points or 57,000 points but not 29,500 points.

Points deposited with RCI will have an expiration date of 2 years later, from the date of deposit. Wyndham points with various expiration dates in RCI are automatically combined whenever you make an exchange, as long as none of the points used will expire before the travel check-in date.

RCI will automatically select the points with the earliest expiration dates to use for an exchange. If some of your Wyndham points in RCI will expire before the check-in date, RCI will skip over those and use only those points which will still be active at check-in.

The worldwide exchange points grid shows the set amounts of points needed to complete exchanges into any resort with the given unit size and season of travel.

Hope that helps. By the way, there's a difference between having multiple Wyndham contracts on one Wyndham account (points may be combined for a Wyndham reservation or for a deposit to RCI) vs. having multiple Wyndham accounts (each treated completely independently). Just FYI.

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Thanks for the reply

Linda,

Thanks for the reply. I know there is a different with having the multiple accounts. At the time I purchased them last year I did not have a previous Wyndham account and was buying 2 at the same time. So they did not combine them. We filled out the required paper work to have them combined. But I had reservations in both accounts and was afraid what might happen if I combined them with reservations in the accounts.

Thanks,
Steve