• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

813,000 Credit Pooled Points Expiring 12/27/2017

luckyguy101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems as though I've managed to get myself into a bit of a pickle --- I've got 813,000 resale, credit pooled points set to expire on December 27th, and little hope of being able to use them. Can I sell them --- or rent them to someone?

Any ideas about how I might limit my losses would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
rent

You could probably rent them out, but seeing you still have a year and a half to go I would think you could squeeze a long weekend or two in somewhere nice....

luckyguy101

TUG Member
Reaction score
I inadvertently made a potentially significant error in my original post --- my 813,000 credit pooled points expire on 12/27/2016 --- not on 12/27/2017, as originally posted. Mea Culpa!

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't rent out your points (used to be allowed) but you can make a reservation and rent that out. I even found a Wyndham rental (Waikiki Beach Walk) on homeaway.com

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would post on
Timeshare Users Group Online Discussion Forums > Last Minute Rentals

http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

I would state that you could book any Wyndham club reservation within 30 days, provided there is availability.

I would list the lowest price you are willing to accept from the get go.

In six months time you should be able to get a bunch of $$$ in exchange for those points, but be prepared to do a lot of work answer questions from people asking if you have availability.

You can also hire someone form
https://www.upwork.com/ or https://www.freelancer.com/

to do this work for you, but then you'd need to teach them what to do, as well as give them your userid and passwords to each website. You could be in charge of receiving the money. It goes without saying, you'd need to hire someone reputable, but in India/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka,Philipines, it is common to pay people $1/hr or even less, and they speak/read good English.

In addition to posting on TUGs last minute rentals, I would post on craiglist and anywhere else you could for free or cheap.

Good luck!

luckyguy101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who attempted to assist me in this endeavor! I went ahead and booked two weeks on The Big Island and two weeks in Kauai, so the points are no longer available!

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
This reminds of a joke:
Guy 1 says: Joe, hurry up and go home, your wife's cheatin' on you.

Joe stands up, falls downs as he is going down the stairs, is badly beaten up as a result.

Once Joe's downstairs, he realizes: he's not married, and his name is not even Joe.

I will remember this joke next time someone says they have "a situation"

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Quote of deleted spam post removed.]

Was this just supposed to be an advertisement? Thread is 6 months old.

[Please don't reply to spam posts. If unsure, just report the post. - mg]

Last edited by a moderator: