• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort Orlando

Knsierras

Reaction score
Greetings,

The sales representative during our annual "owners update" at Bonnet Creek in Orlando, attempted to convince us to move our Bonnet Creek ownership (we own since 2002) to Wyndam Club Access.

I have a general understanding about ARP, the lower maintenance fees and the assessments but I can't really comprehend why Wyndham wants us to move our points to the trust. I can't help to believe that we own a piece of property that Wyndham really wants or need. Yes, money is a factor...In order to transfer our ownership to Access, we have to purchase small package which will cost a lot of money. They make it look that it will be a huge benefit for us.

It is my understanding that Bonnet Creek is the only deeded Wyndham resort located inside Disney World Fl.

Should I consider moving my ownership from Wyndham Select to Access? Is it worth it?

Thank you

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
How often do you travel there? Are you having a difficult time booking where you REALLY want to go? Is the price below $130/1000? Can you afford it forever? Have you search other options?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Knsierras

Reaction score
We go to Disney every year and never have any problems finding a room. We pay more than 130/1000 pts. One of the main reason we don't want to make the transfer is because we have to buy a separate package, usually at least $15k, in order for us to do so. In addition to paying the $15k for the new package, we would have to pay additional maintenance fees because we will have more points.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
We go to Disney every year and never have any problems finding a room. We pay more than 130/1000 pts. One of the main reason we don't want to make the transfer is because we have to buy a separate package, usually at least $15k, in order for us to do so. In addition to paying the $15k for the new package, we would have to pay additional maintenance fees because we will have more points.
That being the case, no, there is no reason to do it. You are already a happy camper. In my case we go to a different resort every time. We originally bought resale for about 20 years. It became more difficult to book where we want, and WHEN we wanted. ARP is, for us an important benifit. But most importantly we could afford the expense and long term, the maintenance fees.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't follow this 130/1000 points cost. Your MF rate should be $5.92-5.94/1000 points. If that is purchase cost, that rate is about 12-15 times higher than resale prices.

How many points do you own at BC? Did you originally buy direct from Wyndham?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's important you don't believe the hype at the sales' table. The truth is, the salesman will get a lot more benefit than you will for this sale. I don't care how nice the guy was, or how much he wanted to "help" you with a purchase to improve your situation. He is scamming people every day and will have to answer to his lies at the end of his life.

We just went to a Shell presentation as owners of Shell points already, which they know I got free. They also know I am trying to dump them.

Shell is now Wyndham-managed, and Wyndham salespeople are all the same. I couldn't believe the idiocy of the Wyndham Club credit card sales' tactic, which is how they tried to sell us more points. He said only people who are Shell Elite can get the credit card because it's so special. Well, it's a Barclay's card, and I don't even like Barclay's.

The sales guy must think everyone who sits across from him is stupid. He said I would get 10X points by paying my MF's with a credit card. I pay a lot of MF's. I questioned him about it and wanted to see proof. He kept insisting he had no paperwork to show me about the card, but I could take it to the bank. I questioned him again and again, and he finally admitted I would only get 2X points. So when he put 10X points on paper and did the math on our spending, he knew he was lying. He KNEW it. He said we would pay our Shell maintenance fees with the savings. It was just a few hundred dollars and not the $3,800 as he said. What a liar.

How many people fall for that and just buy. There was a young couple with kids there in the office, and I saw them signing paperwork. I wanted to go over there and warn them, but I am not every person's conscience, so I didn't do it. I think the salespeople would have called the police on me.

The salesperson also wanted our SS#'s to check out credit as current Shell owners. I told him I would never give it to him, not in a million years. He was a crook, and it had already been established he was lying.

Was that honest enough? :rofl:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's important you don't believe the hype at the sales' table. The truth is, the salesman will get a lot more benefit than you will for this sale. I don't care how nice the guy was, or how much he wanted to "help" you with a purchase to improve your situation. He is scamming people every day and will have to answer to his lies at the end of his life.

We just went to a Shell presentation as owners of Shell points already, which they know I got free. They also know I am trying to dump them.

Shell is now Wyndham-managed, and Wyndham salespeople are all the same. I couldn't believe the idiocy of the Wyndham Club credit card sales' tactic, which is how they tried to sell us more points. He said only people who are Shell Elite can get the credit card because it's so special. Well, it's a Barclay's card, and I don't even like Barclay's.

The sales guy must think everyone who sits across from him is stupid. He said I would get 10X points by paying my MF's with a credit card. I pay a lot of MF's. I questioned him about it and wanted to see proof. He kept insisting he had no paperwork to show me about the card, but I could take it to the bank. I questioned him again and again, and he finally admitted I would only get 2X points. So when he put 10X points on paper and did the math on our spending, he knew he was lying. He KNEW it. He said we would pay our Shell maintenance fees with the savings. It was just a few hundred dollars and not the $3,800 as he said. What a liar.

How many people fall for that and just buy. There was a young couple with kids there in the office, and I saw them signing paperwork. I wanted to go over there and warn them, but I am not every person's conscience, so I didn't do it. I think the salespeople would have called the police on me.

The salesperson also wanted our SS#'s to check out credit as current Shell owners. I told him I would never give it to him, not in a million years. He was a crook, and it had already been established he was lying.

Was that honest enough? :rofl:
Wow Monday we got the same bs. 10X points what a joke! Then, the one on one my problem was I called in too much. I explained the first call, cancel and rebook, at which time she stood up and left the room. I could hear her telling her boss I knew too much, at which point they walk back in.

After telling them that I wanted to maintain my MF at 10% of my income, he actually Told me to get another job! I said I'm retired jerk, at which time the interview was over

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you are happy with your BC points...if that is the case then there is no need for you to do anything else.

Remember, you have to do what is best for you. Any sales person is going to try to get you to do what is best for them.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Bob & Mary

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, May 14th we had our "update" at Bonnet Creek. I found our representative, Sharon, to be friendly and upfront however her one closer was just confrontational, lied, and gave us bad info. When we wouldn't buy anything he called me closed minded and foolish. We asked him to leave us and resumed talking with Sharon who didn't apologize but was clearly uncomfortable so she asked the manager to come over and close us out. I shared my displeasure, got our gift card and departed. Lesson? Things never change...their goal is take as much money as possible from our pockets...

drbeetee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonnet Creek Offers

Do you guys mind sharing what your incentive was for the Bonnet Creek owner updates? Bob, I think you said you received a gift card, was that your only choice? Thanks

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there the end of May they offered us tickets or a gift card...we didn't get into the details because we already had our tickets and weren't interested in another gift card...

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there the end of May they offered us tickets or a gift card...we didn't get into the details because we already had our tickets and weren't interested in another gift card...

tickets to which park?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
tickets to which park?
We told them we were going to Disney and asked us if we already had tickets...we explained that we did. They also had balloons and signs up for Sea World at the desk...so we didn't talk specifics but that was the conversation we had and the materials they had out.

Hope that helps!

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
We used to get $100 Amex cards along with tickets to some event but we've turned down so many offers they seemed to reduce us to $50 at the last update a couple weeks ago. Besides my wife seemed to want to go so didn't drive a hard bargain for the gift Then they called and upped it to $75 if we changed to an earlier time. Along with 3 tickets to Wonder World and something else we didn't use.

Once at Royal Vista Pompano I turned down the sales update 3 times and she finally threw in a day pass to one of their beach cabanas so I couldn't turn it down (along with the $100 gift card and stuff). Cabana turned out to be a tiny two person hut .. I know some people love to hang out there but we didn't get much use of it.

BTW we have some National Harbor and CWA points we purchased direct a few years ago (so we have 'sucker' stamped on our forehead). So last October Seawatch sales tried to get us to sell back our National Harbor in exchange for more CWA (along with a new purchase). They based that on the fact that we had called in twice asking about APR and didn't have the right CWA point level. This month the same resort tried to get us to sell back our CWA and buy more National Harbor ! Their rational was that we never use our CWA APR anyway so why not reduce maintenance fees.

Bob

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
BTW we have some National Harbor and CWA points we purchased direct a few years ago (so we have 'sucker' stamped on our forehead). So last October Seawatch sales tried to get us to sell back our National Harbor in exchange for more CWA (along with a new purchase). They based that on the fact that we had called in twice asking about APR and didn't have the right CWA point level. This month the same resort tried to get us to sell back our CWA and buy more National Harbor ! Their rational was that we never use our CWA APR anyway so why not reduce maintenance fees.

Bob

Their job is to always find something wrong with your ownership. And the fix is always to buy more points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Their job is to always find something wrong with your ownership. And the fix is always to buy more points.

The closer at my last "update" got so flustered when I refused to accept their offer that he tried to make me buy more points... In order to reduce my overall holdings!

So let me get this right: buy more points at a "cheaper" resort, pay the same total amount in MF and now include a loan payment, and have half my current points. Makes total sense.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
So let me get this right: buy more points at a "cheaper" resort, pay the same total amount in MF and now include a loan payment, and have half my current points. Makes total sense.

That's a good one. I haven't heard that one before.

drbeetee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks very helpful! If they have tickets to Universal Parks, I am there!

happyhopian

Reaction score
$175 Amex in April plus In-laws went for $225 and they gave me a backpack for setting up the in-laws. We spent an hour each. My folks were nice but for the first half of the meeting they had the wrong member number down for me so they had to go spent 20 minutes reprinting all my history. They were ok, but I can be nice and say no all day long (married with kids can do that). The in-laws were another matter. 65 years old and the closer accused them of being serial time share sales attendees...he castigated them for wasting everyones time and called them professional hustlers. We all laughed, collected the money and went out to play. As long as the offer these early in the morning and pay me over $150 an hour I'm in but as of now I think I'm black listed. I was told by my booker to always tell them my wife isn't traveling with me which will always get me the shorter update without the high pressure sales because spouse isn't there. Interesting part is that the called the room a dozen times look for the misses...I could unplug the phone but everyone in the family gets a laugh every time the phone rings and we just say here they go again :)

Last edited:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then why go on the tour? It just encourages them.
Might be because the welcome desk person at the resort will insist that it won't be a sales presentation at all.

We were at Beach Street Cottages last week. A woman named Dwan did parking pass issuance. When we assured her we would not be attending any meetings, she tried to tell us that, if we didn't go, we would never know what was being taken away from us. When pressed for some example of what was being taken away, she said well the Member Directory is not going to be printed anymore. She said we needed to attend so we could tell how we feel about these things. l just reiterated that we were not attending any meetings.

You know it would have been a sales meeting. How many people will fall for the line that they have to attend to learn what they are going to lose? Nobody wants to have something they've paid for taken away.

YodaIAm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Wyndham Resorts
Bay lake Towers DVC
Then why go on the tour? It just encourages them.

Every time I stay at any Wyndham resort, obviously as an owner, they call you multiple times during your stay. Usually around 7:30 or 8 am. I started unplugging the phones the second I walk into our room. When we didn't answer the phone someone actually knocked on our door at exactly 8:07 am. It didn't go well for them. I started booking our tour for the latest time available on our very last day and we just don't go.