• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HC on 53rd

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
As far as I know. I have stayed there for the last 3 years in a row. I have an upcoming stay for me in June and for friends in August.

They have cut back happy hour to just beer and wine. They used to have spirits, but NO longer.

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

My I ask, how you managed to stay there 3 years in a row? Was it exchange or do you own there? I have never seen availability on HGV site

Thanks

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Emi

Usually through one of the portals, other than HGVC. They release the dates and you need to grab them nearly immediately as they don't last long. So you check all the time and you check sighting daily. You are also very flexible with your dates. You only get a studio at HGVC. I have never seen a 1 or 2 BR deposit from there. There are so few large units, that it does not surprise me.

So I usually grab them via my Wyndham portal, as most of the availability is outside of the 9 month window that the HGVC portal enforces.

Heat of Summer and Cold of Winter are primarily the only days that get deposited. The nice spring and fall days are all gobbled up by owners first and never hits the RCI Points pool.

Over the years I have traded into MC about 8 times, HC about 6 times. I have seen W57th but have not taken it because I like the HC location and breakfast.

I have occasionally used SFX for some of these trades, but they have recently put in a 1 in 3 year restriction on NYC properties.