• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the HGVC Inventory Activation Fee

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi :)

When we 'had' signed the paperwork for a HGVC purchase (since cancelled thanks to TUG :) there was something on the contract that said "Inventory Activation Fee, $250, 1X Per Interval." Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thank you!

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi :)

When we 'had' signed the paperwork for a HGVC purchase (since cancelled thanks to TUG :) there was something on the contract that said "Inventory Activation Fee, $250, 1X Per Interval." Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thank you!

After you close on the HGVC property and you are in the HGVC as the new owner, you will receive a bill from HGVC for $250 as an activation fee. This applies even though you are already an HGVC member.

This is in addition to any closing or transfer fees.

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you... and I am assuming this is a 1-time only fee :)

Jarth319

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a new owner through resale purchase and was charged $500 for the inventory activation fee. Not sure why it doubled, but will post once I find out if this is an error.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I think the fee is to set up your HGVC account for online access.

There are also conversion fees if you buy an affiliate, for instance Bay Club charges $250 to convert an every other year for HGVC point use and set up HGVC account, $500 for an annual. I think GPR Resorts charge $995 fee for HGVC enrollment / conversion.

Jarth319

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called member services and they said it was a billing error and it should only be $250 for the inventory activation fee, plus my annual dues. So worth the phone call.

So far a happy HGVC resale purchaser. Thank you Seth Nock for all your time answering my newbie purchase questions.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I just called member services and they said it was a billing error and it should only be $250 for the inventory activation fee, plus my annual dues. So worth the phone call.

So far a happy HGVC resale purchaser. Thank you Seth Nock for all your time answering my newbie purchase questions.

Good on you for checking, their system is known for a few quirks but they are good about correcting them. I read another thread on here of someone purchasing late in the year and having to pay the annual fees for the year, even though there was no usage left, I think the cutoff was Oct 1st for the annual club fee waiver.

I own two every other year, one odd, one even and sometimes I get a double bill for annual dues, one from each resort owners association.