• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions re: Club Intrawest sales process

ZDJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Question for those of you with CI experience: When you went on your discovery stay, what type of accomodation were you put in? At Whistler were you placed in a Intrawest-developed, non-timeshare unit? (i.e., a condo that was utilizing the Intrawest rental program)? I'm definitely interested in the Whistler location, but want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.
Thanks,
ZDJ

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
ZDJ said:
Hi All,
I'm definitely interested in the Whistler location

In case you aren't aware of it, CI owners have no "home" resort, so if you buy CI points they're not specifically for Whistler.

Sorry I can't help you with the rest of your question as we never went on a discovery stay. We have some friends who did that at the Mont Tremblant location, and they were put up in one of the other Intrawest-owned properties there and not at Club Intrawest. I think that's pretty common to those deals at many timeshares.

Bill4728

Reaction score
When you stay, you'll be put in several different kinds of rooms depending on what time of year you visit. You may stay in a hotel or Condo in town during the peak demand season for the clubs rooms. But during slower demand times you may be given a room at the club location.

Please read the TUG advice for club Intrawest on the TUG advice page. Link here

Good Luck

OnMedic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the discovery last year in Tremblant for an affordable anniverary weekend away. As mentioned, there is no home resort so everyone has the same reservation window for all the resorts.

We stayed at one of the intrawest branded Condo-Hotels. It was very nice, and in fact we are now considering purchasing a quarter at the resort which we stayed. Part of the CI sales pitch was that if you upgrade to any intrawest product in the future, your CI could be traded in for full credit. I am not sure if that includes buying resale...?