• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website Down????

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure you did better then I did. I still have a lot of points and that was even after I was unable to cancel all that I wanted to last night.

There was not much to be had.

I did not. I missed the whole party this morning.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is so slow right now, it might as well be down. well, after waiting and waiting while it churned, it comes back with the reservation system is NOT available right now. great.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Shell reservation system is down ALSO for maintenance ... on a Saturday afternoon?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been slow most of the day. But no announcement on the website.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Agree, Sandy, it's so slow it might as well be down.

I called to complain and the VC confirmed it's been slow all day (thanks, lol). She said they think maybe because so many people are trying to book things in March.

Seriously? They can't be that clueless. :bawl:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree, Sandy, it's so slow it might as well be down.

I called to complain and the VC confirmed it's been slow all day (thanks, lol). She said they think maybe because so many people are trying to book things in March.

Seriously? They can't be that clueless. :bawl:

Either that so they do such a good job of acting that people give up calling in to let them know what is wrong.

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got a request about an hour ago for a March 12 reservation at Great Smokies Lodge - after waiting several minutes for the search (and a couple of refreshes too) to complete, there was lots of availability (1 br. 2 br. 3 br. in deluxe, pool view, and presidential) - so I booked the best choice for the person (took several tries and refreshes) - so I knew it would be available if they said yes. Haven't heard back from them yet, but now when I check availability there is nothing - they CANNOT have all been booked in that short of a time. SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG with that website.

Jim

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
I find humor (my type) in strange ways. I did a search for a reservation and just watched the four squares go around. I did a "cancel this search". Then I did the search again, just to watch the squares again. After doing this 8 times with no search results appearing, the Verification Please enter the phrase below in the text box and click "Submit", appeared.

So, even though I never receive any results, I was still required to enter the verification phrase. At least one part of the web site is still working.:hysterical:

Jim

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Shell website wasn't working at all yesterday and is down for maintenance today. You Wyndham owners get periodic tastes of what has been the norm for Shell owners. But at least you have an online payment engine that works. I havent been able to book anything online for over a month.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Shell website wasn't working at all yesterday and is down for maintenance today. You Wyndham owners get periodic tastes of what has been the norm for Shell owners. But at least you have an online payment engine that works. I havent been able to book anything online for over a month.

Prior to the Wyndham acquisition of Shell, was there an online Shell system that worked most of the time? What had been your experience?

Jim

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying for an hour to get to the online reservations, as there are some reservations I need to cancel. But alas I am denied and only get the offline view of reservations, with no option to cancel.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just checked and got the online view of reservations, so try again bigrob

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been trying for an hour to get to the online reservations, as there are some reservations I need to cancel. But alas I am denied and only get the offline view of reservations, with no option to cancel.

Although it is just one more thing to do, a call to Wyndham tomorrow should be sufficient to get your reservations cancelled without any lose of points. If there is any pushback to returning your points, there are enough of us having problems tonight, that we could put together another lawsuit against Wyndham do to some lack of opportunity.

Let us know what happens tomorrow.

Jim

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although it is just one more thing to do, a call to Wyndham tomorrow should be sufficient to get your reservations cancelled without any lose of points. If there is any pushback to returning your points, there are enough of us having problems tonight, that we could put together another lawsuit against Wyndham do to some lack of opportunity.

Let us know what happens tomorrow.

Jim

I am still waiting to here back from 2 weeks ago. I will be calling in tomorrow am.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with a guy in owner care and they are saying the website was working 100% yesterday and they cannot make any exceptions. They have to enjoy it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
VC now says the website was having issues an IT confirms it. We will see what happens.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Good luck Adam. I have found if one person isn't able to help me, I call back and there's a good probability the next person will. It is frustrating, as it is time consuming. I have had one time where they would not refund my points, but otherwise they have. As many issues as they've been having lately, it's hard to believe they aren't bending over backwards to make things right. I've been very vocal, calling as well as sending feedback when then site is having issues, and I'm afraid it's hurt me as opposed to helped.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Still nothing. Maybe my internet was not working is the best solution they have.

VCs have heard that yesterday there were issues but decision makers say that have to go by what IT tells them and IT tells them everything was fine. If it was down for a long time which it was yesterday it would cost them lots of money and they would know about it.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prior to the Wyndham acquisition of Shell, was there an online Shell system that worked most of the time? What had been your experience?

Jim

I have only been an owner since April 2013, technically after the Wyndham acquisition (although there had been little to no involvement from Wyndham yet at that time), so my first hand experience is limited. But from speaking with the Shell customer care reps, who are careful not to bad mouth Shell or Wyndham, it sounds like the Shell system had been pretty bad for a long while.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got the points restored after a few hours and speaking to an owner care rep. Sent in screen shots. An extra reservation was cancelled which I had to struggle to put back together. Thankfully I noticed it later today.

The biggest disapointment is there was interest in finding out why there was an issue but never showed up in the IT department.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is search down... again?

Never got one of my reservations to show up until the next day and couldn't cancel it, and got too busy to call next day, which is what they require. So I'm doubtful I'll get any joy and I'm not keen on wasting an hour trying.

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it's down again (the website, Rob) - grinds on and on in the search and finally get message 'website not available.

I actually went to sleep while waiting for it and just now woke up again.

At lease I got a reservation canceled tonight - but want to partially book one so I can see if my points were returned - can't do it.

Jim

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of the folks I've been talking to have said these mini-outages are not an accident. Perhaps they are just conspiracy theorists, but it does seem like this recurring problem has been going on long enough to have been addressed by now if they wanted to.

happyhopian

Reaction score
yes confirmed also down and been having the same problems for the last 5 days

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Wyndham site is down

Search is not working for me right now. After over 2 minutes , I get 'Online Reservation System Unavailable'. Kind of humorous that they invite us to call the vacation planning center (which is closed).

Selecting to view my confirmations - after over 2 minutes, I get the offline excel-ish view of my confirmations.

Thanks happyhopian, too, I was timing how long it took for me to get the responses. Always feel like it takes forever, but never timed them before.

Last edited: