• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Ridge - 2 bedroom units

wilson14

Reaction score
I'm looking at Ocean Ridge units for next March. Has anyone ever stayed in the 2 bedroom deluxe or plus unit? It really doesn't matter to me which one. Where are they located-as far as the number associated with them on the online resort map?

Were they in pretty good shape? I've read some hit and miss reviews about Ocean Ridge. I've stayed there before in SouthPointe and King Cotton, but nothing else.

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you get Bay Pointe, you will love it. It is on the Sound and right on the beach. Sunset views are fantastic. All those units are 2 bedroon, two bath as far as I know. If you call Wyndham, ask the VC what unit is associated with this reservation, they will tell you. They will also tell you it isn't guaranteed. If you are Gold or higher, have them put a do not move reference on it...once again, it isn't guaranteed...lol. Bay Point is out of the main resort area, but that is what we liked about it...it has a view.

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, the point values for a 2 bedroom unit vary somewhat between associations. Investigating the points chart may give you an idea as to which unit you will be receiving.

Good suggestion on making use of the VIP benefit of specific room selection also. Give a VC a call and they can help with that.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I thought I heard that the Baypointe units check in on Fridays?

wilson14

Reaction score
That is correct, Baypointe units do check in on Fridays. Herb

Per the points chart, it doesn't say anything about Bay Point units requiring a check in on Fridays. It just says Friday, Saturday, or Sunday's if staying a full week.

Paps

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points chart has grouped Bay Point, Egrets Pointe, Fairway Terrace, Marsh Point 1 & 2, Sea Oaks and Sea Palms together in the same chart. Each of these are separate associations and have different check in days for weekly stays even thought they share the same points grouping. Here is a breakdown by each association according to the Wyndham information booklet in each of the Edisto units.

Bay Point - (Friday to Friday)
Fairway Terrace - (Saturday to Saturday)
Marsh Point 1 - (Sunday to Sunday)
Marsh Point 2 - (Saturday to Saturday)
Sea Oaks - (Saturday to Saturday)
Sea Palms - (Sunday to Sunday)
Egrets Pointe - (Not sure as its not listed)

For the other grouping breakdown:

The Village - (Friday to Friday & Sunday to Sunday depending on the unit)
South Point - (Sunday to Sunday)
Beach Walk - (Sunday to Sunday)

And:

Ocean Ridge, Presidential Reserve - (Friday to Friday)

We stay at Bay Point every year and will be back again later this month. Hope this helps.
Herb

wilson14

Reaction score
The points chart has grouped Bay Point, Egrets Pointe, Fairway Terrace, Marsh Point 1 & 2, Sea Oaks and Sea Palms together in the same chart. Each of these are separate associations and have different check in days for weekly stays even thought they share the same points grouping. Here is a breakdown by each association according to the Wyndham information booklet in each of the Edisto units.

Bay Point - (Friday to Friday)
Fairway Terrace - (Saturday to Saturday)
Marsh Point 1 - (Sunday to Sunday)
Marsh Point 2 - (Saturday to Saturday)
Sea Oaks - (Saturday to Saturday)
Sea Palms - (Sunday to Sunday)
Egrets Pointe - (Not sure as its not listed)

For the other grouping breakdown:

The Village - (Friday to Friday & Sunday to Sunday depending on the unit)
South Point - (Sunday to Sunday)
Beach Walk - (Sunday to Sunday)

And:

Ocean Ridge, Presidential Reserve - (Friday to Friday)

We stay at Bay Point every year and will be back again later this month. Hope this helps.
Herb

What page is this on? That's definitely misleading if the points charts say one thing and another section says another. I've always went by the point charts because they usually tell you the rules and exceptions with notes at the bottom.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'm looking at Ocean Ridge units for next March. Has anyone ever stayed in the 2 bedroom deluxe or plus unit? It really doesn't matter to me which one. Where are they located-as far as the number associated with them on the online resort map?

Were they in pretty good shape? I've read some hit and miss reviews about Ocean Ridge. I've stayed there before in SouthPointe and King Cotton, but nothing else.

We stayed in one or the other, can't quite remember but I think it was the "plus." It was in the Sea Oaks section which is in the main circle of units at the resort inside the security gate.

The kitchen was a little run down but overall the units were nice. We did not spend much time in the unit, basically to eat and sleep.

One thing that I didn't really like was that you had to go through a bedroom to get to either bathroom, a minor thing for me. The loft was great for our grandson.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
The Plus units are older - we've stayed in the Villages, Marsh POint (indoor pool there) several times and all were very nice

roseamb60

Reaction score
Units at Ocean Ridge

Hi We stayed a Bay Pointe Love it Saw Dolphins T he other time we stayed across the street and I had to use flashlight keep a can of raid with me because of the Palmetto Bugs Yuck They offer o sen one home with you lol \
I f you have a Handicapped Placard be sure and hang it so the police cn see it Our slipped to the floor and we almost got a ticket right iront of the grocery store
We enjoyed a Dolphin cruise, a back country tour, and gonin g Cto harleston and Magnolia Plantation :) Hope there ae more places to eat now Rose

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Hi We stayed a Bay Pointe Love it Saw Dolphins T he other time we stayed across the street and I had to use flashlight keep a can of raid with me because of the Palmetto Bugs Yuck They offer o sen one home with you lol \
I f you have a Handicapped Placard be sure and hang it so the police cn see it Our slipped to the floor and we almost got a ticket right iront of the grocery store
We enjoyed a Dolphin cruise, a back country tour, and gonin g Cto harleston and Magnolia Plantation :) Hope there ae more places to eat now Rose

Why was it ignorant of the grocery store? Did they report your car in a handicap spot with no placard? Isn't that the way it should work?

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
A ton of inventory just appeared for Spring Break (late March/early April) if anyone is interested. All room types (even 4-bedroom Presidentials) are showing up.

Psl

Reaction score
What condition is Baypoint in? We stayed in those several years ago and they were pretty beat up. Reviews since then have comments about their poor condition. What is your opinion? Thx!