• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Caribbean - Unit D611

neash

TUG Member
Reaction score
To all those who are familiar with the RC layout:

Is there any view of the ocean at all from unit D611. It is a low floor with the Tradewinds restaurant right there, so what are the chances that Ocean View is really ocean view and not an obstructed - catch a glimpse of the ocean - kind of view?

How about unit F721 -Is that a good unobstructed ocean view?

Thanks

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both will have an ocean view, but F721 will be better.

I have NOT stayed in D611, so I'm not positive, but I think your view will be ok - more than a slice. The Tradewinds is a relatively low building, so I don't think it will be a major obstruction, and D611 is not directly behind the Tradewinds. My recollection is that from the Caribbean Room just underneath you can see across to the ocean - but not the beach. D611 is actually the third floor because the numbering starts with the fourth floor at pool level.

From F721 you will be closer to the ocean and one level higher, and you will be able to see the beach and ocean to the north and east over the sundeck. The southern view will be blocked by building G.

Looking at the maps and picture of the Tri-Royals on mexicondo.com may help you, as will the 360 degree pictures on royalresorts.com.

Last edited:

neash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I could not find the 360 view on royalresorts.com. Do you have a link?

Thanks

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, it's virtual reality, not 360 degrees.

Go to http://www.royalresorts.com , then to Resorts Gallery at the top, then Cancun Resorts. Choose the Royal Caribbean, then Virtual Reality - or just click here:

http://www.royalresorts.com/caribbeanvr.stm

Pool (1) will give you a picture of the north side of the resort, with D611, and Pool (2) the south side, with F721.

You might want to have a second window open, with the resort map from http://www.mexicondo.com, so you can try to match up the locations on the map and picture.

We own F1020, which has an excellent view, and F721 should be similar though a bit lower. We tend to hang out at the pool below D611, and often see people on their balconies above us looking out and appearing to be enjoying the view. We have friends who own one of the lower units in the D building - 611 or one next to it - if you want, I'll ask them about the view.

Are you considering renting or buying one of those?

Last edited:

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe D611 is the first villa.The D building numbering starts at 6, not 4. It will be higher than pool level. All the other non oceanfront buildings start at 4, which is pool level.

Tradewinds will not block your view of the ocean. Also, I don't think any villas, other than the oceanfront ones, have a view of the beach. The beach is so small now and well below the sundeck and H building.

Last edited:

neash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks pjrose and Joe L. We will be going there in June 2008. It is going to be my first visit to Cancun. I'm really excited about it.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks pjrose and Joe L. We will be going there in June 2008. It is going to be my first visit to Cancun. I'm really excited about it.

You'll love it.
What week(s) are you going? We'll be there for 25 and 26, and possibly for 24, if we can get an exchange.

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just noticed D611 on Ebay week 26. Not my add. About a day left for bidding, current bid under $2,200. I'm sure it will go for much more though.

neash

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be there Week 25.
I bought this unit from the same seller who has D611 Week 26 on sale right now on ebay :), and I'm keenly watching this auction to see what it will go at.

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just noticed D611 on Ebay week 26. Not my add. About a day left for bidding, current bid under $2,200. I'm sure it will go for much more though.

I looked at the eBay listing. Many of the furnishings have been upgraded since those pics, particularly the wicker shelves in the living room replaced with a wooden wall unit with two drop-down twin-size Murphy beds, a more up-to-date TV, and a DVD player.

You'll love the Royal Caribbean!

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
It went for $ 4550 - not too bad a price.