• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Islander Help

cguardia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will be at the Royal Islander the week after Thanksgiving, 11/24 to 12/1. We have an exchange through II but room number is not assigned on confirmation. We have a 2-bedroom, 2-bath reserved. We have never been to any of the Royals, but looking at the Islander resort map, other than the beach front units, is there a certain building or floor we should request? I have stayed at U-shaped resorts facing the beach, if you were on the first couple of floors; your beach view was obstructed by the trees. Is it the same at the Islander. I’m not sure how busy the resort will be the week after Thanksgiving and I’m not sure we will have much of a choice in units, but if we do, I would like to be educated enough to ask for the best unit possible……. Any advice would be a great help….. Thanks……..

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Though the unit number is not on the confirmation, it is available online. Go to your II account online and look under your "history" to see the unit that is assigned. That is probably the unit you'll get, though it's not guaranteed.

Royals units are fixed, so owners control their particular units and most will probably use them, therefore they are not under control of the resort to assign to someone else.

The front desk does have some flexibility to swap units that were deposited with Interval International and some company owned units, as well as potentially units that were deposited in other trade or rental pools. Hence it is possible that if there is a problem with a given unit the desk can make a swap. This has been discussed several times on this forum; look over it for the last few months, or search for swap or different unit and see what you find. In my experience we've almost always gotten the unit that was originally assigned, and only got a different one once or twice.

All of the Royal Islander units will have an ocean view, though as you note, you'll see more landscaping from the lowest units. A few that are just above the lobby will have the ocean view partially blocked by the restaurant, but the back of the restaurant is nicely landscaped with plants and a waterfall, so it's still pleasant. IF you are assigned a unit you don't like, you could try begging and pleading for a different one - it might work, and might not.

No matter where you end up - even in the highly unlikely event they put you in the Royal Caribbean or Royal Mayan instead - you'll love being at the Tri-Royals! Don't just stick to the one resort - wander around, try out all the pools and restaurants, and have a great time!

Last edited:

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
None of the units, other than beach front will have a view of the beach. You will have a view of the ocean, but not the beach.