• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Sands Maintenance Fees 2008

launes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received my bill for 2008. $807.00 - an increase of 7.3%. Early payment -
(44 days before our interval) = $777.00, which is 7.6% over last year.

buceo

Reaction score
We haven't received our Royal Sands bill yet (week 5 too), but we received our Royal Haciendas bill a couple of weeks ago and it didn't give a discount for early payment. I think it was $787, but just a recollection. Always hate to see an increase, but if it helps look at the MF's of the other TUG top 10 resorts, ouch.

Lenora

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a maintenance fee bill for the Caribbean and the Sands and thought the increase was much more than it had been in the past. I wondered if it has something to do with the last hurricane and now they are self insuring they need to build up the fund?

launes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something didn't look quite right in my initial posting of the percentage increase for RS fees for 2008. I discovered that my calculations had included a misc. credit applied to my 2007 bill. Actual increase was only 5.2%

Spent a little time (I am retired)to recap how fees have increase since we purchased in 2000. Don't know the fees for 2001 as they were included in our initial purchase price.

Year Fees Increase % Increase

2008 $807 $40 5.2%
2007 767 39 5.4
2006 728 21 3.0
2005 707 0 0
2004 707 14 2.0
2003 693 1 0
2002 692
2001 N/A

$115 over 7 years isn't too bad. $16.43 (2.47% per year).

The spacing of the numbers came out all together upon final posting, but I think you get the general idea.

Last edited:

buceo

Reaction score
I didn't realize how different the MF billing is between the Sands and Haciendas.

A week 5 Hacienda MF is $788, due Nov 21 (no early discounts given)
A week 5 Sands MF is $807, due Feb 2, but is discounted to $777 by Dec 20

I understand the Sands is the only Royal Resort that offers an early discount.

JEFF H

Reaction score
I understand the Sands is the only Royal Resort that offers an early discount.

Most of the Other Royal resorts Bill the Maintenance 3 months inadvance of your interval start date with it being due two months inadvance.
They can add a $25 per month late fee if its not payed by the due date.

The Sands approached it alittle different but the end result is pretty much the same.
If you don't pay the Sands maintenance fee two months inadvance you pay a higher fee. It makes owners think they are getting a discount if they pay early instead of paying a late fee if they don't.