• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Options for my empty lock-off at Royals?

jazz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because of a sudden change in some family members' plans, I find myself not needing the lock-off part of my Royal villa for two weeks, which are coming up very soon.

I'm doubtful they will rent privately with only a few weeks to go. I know I can put them in the Royals Rental program, but I will only see some proceeds if they rent it.

ISCO is closed today for Thanksgiving (yeah, I know it was yesterday, but that's what the recording said at 10:30am), so I can't get any info on a "banking' option.

Is there such an option? What are the pros/cons?

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Put your weeks up for rent on ebay..I believe this would be your best bet.

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Post it here in Last Minute Rentals, Oops i see u already have. You might consider lowering the price much more. I would call ISCO though since they are the most prime weeks.

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
  1. put them on TUG for rent and also post on last minute rentals on the TUG forums.
  2. Check "wanted to rent" on TUG and on the TUG forums last minute rentals.
  3. Check omcancun.com for rentals wanted.
  4. search vrbo.com for rentals wanted.,
  5. call VCR - Vacation Club Rentals in Texas (Google for their number) and see if they'll take a last minute deposit (money only if rented)
  6. if they are weeks 51 or 52, consider emailing those who have "for rent" ads on TUG, mexicondo, omcancun.com, redweek.com, or vrbo.com, to see if they've already rented them but have gotten extra responses and would send them in your direction. I rented my 52, but still keep getting emails from people who are looking, and I know I'd be happy to pass them along to you.
  7. do a last minute deposit with Interval International if they'll take it (not all Royals can be split into lockoff/suite) - your exchange can only be a flex (within 60 days) but at least you'll get something
  8. if you didn't get it rented before check-in, when you check in mention it at the front desk - there are often people looking for some extra time, even if only for a few days - especially on Saturday if flights have gotten messed up. We have rented in AND rented to others via word-of-mouth at the front desk.
  9. enjoy the extra space - read in quiet while someone else watches TV, use both bathrooms at once, etc - once we had two complete 2 bedroom villas, b/c we had just rented one when our exchange finally came through! (We posted one for rent on TUG, and got someone who was coming down 3 days early so at least we rented part of it.)

Last edited:

Lenora

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call ISCO tomorrow. I'm not sure if their minimum days before departure is 14 or 30 days but it's better than letting them go to waste if you can't rent them.

Retired to Travel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club, Marriott Waiohai, Royal Caribbean
We have let ISCO rent our studio twice. In 2007 we received $350, which I thought was fine, covering about half our maintenance fee.

alfie

TUG Member
Reaction score
ISCO

ISCO does business management for the Royal Resorts. It is located in Florida. In addition to collecting our membership fees it also has a rental and trade program. They can be reached at 1-800-930-5050.