• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling my Time share

dthree36

Reaction score
I have been trying to sell my Time share for almost 4 years without success. I unfortunately used one of those supposed real estate companies that just take your money and never sell your property so I will not do that again. The time share isn't for me or my family and it is just an even year burden. For the past 4 years we have not used it and have wasted our money on the maintenance fee. I have the time share completely paid off and really just want to get rid of it. I am willing to just take the transfer fee's as a payment so that i don' t have to waist any more money. Does any one have a good suggestion on how to go about selling this thing? I even have tried donating it but unfortunately the i have not had any luck with that avenue either.

D

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If your only advertising has been with those upfront-fee companies, that could explain why you have had no success.

Start by reading the "how to sell" article at the top of the list of topics for this Buying, Selling, Renting forum. That might give you some good ideas.

As a last resort, list it on eBay with a starting price of $1.

dthree36

Reaction score
Ebay

I have thought of the Ebay route but I guess I would have to have a closing company to complete the transfer. I called the resort and spoke to their legal offices and was told that the transfer and closing fee was going to be $375 and that all I needed was the name and contact info for the new owner. Sounded easy enough. I guess I just have to stick it out there and see what happens.

Bill4728

Reaction score
First thing I'd do is find out how much it is worth on Ebay.

Go to the timeshare section of ebay and on the left do a search for your TS and mark completed auctions.

This search should give you a list of all completed auctions for your resort. It may only be worth $1 but it could be worth much more. So don't give it away yet.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you become a member, you could try giving it away on TUG. There is a special classified area for cheap TS.

Or try bidshares.com - free
craigslist.org in the location where the TS is located - free

Good luck.

Sue

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to list all of the details of a timeshare on the BBS and ask TUGers

Can you ask TUGers to propose a good asking price for a particular timeshare without it being an advertisement? I would love to get specific advice but I can not see how it would not be in effect an add even if that wasn't what I was trying to do.

It is a problem to value specific weeks because one week is worth little or nothing and another week at the same resort may bring several thousand.

Last edited:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to list all of the details of a timeshare on the BBS and ask TUGers
If the OP did that, we would have to delete those details. Once someone expresses an interest in selling, posting details about what is being sold is treated as an ad.

There have been some very creative posts here by people who ask about the value (e.g., "I'm thinking of purchasing") of a specific timeshare with an unstated intent to sell.

This particular situation won't get a passing grade.

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
It costs $15 for the year to join TUG. You get a free advertisement with the membership. I suggest you join TUG and place an add for your timeshare for $390. That will cover the $375 resort transfer fee and TUG membership fee.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The buyer traditionally pays the closing costs anyway, so it might be to your advantage to list it for $1, and then in your Ad list the transfer fee required by the resort and state that it will be the buyers responsibility. Same result in the end, but may appear more attractive to buyers that way. We got a free timeshare that way once, and I paid the transfer fee directly to the resort, not to the owner.