• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

sunset group

eddoc

Reaction score
Hi out there! I have read so many negative reviews on the sunset group but personally I haven't had that experience. Is there anyone out there who has something positive to say about Royal Sunset/Sunset Lagoon/ Fisherman's???

salpal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own there and love the places I've never had a problem with them. You have to buy it resale and they are cheap. Just don't go the the presentation because they really lie to you and high preassure. If you belong they always want you to go for a update presentation but tell them no way. The all inclusive is good and the cheapest all inclusive in Cancun.

bltfam

Reaction score
Friends of ours own 4 weeks there and love it They never trade anywhere else if you own AI is optional so they never do it Its smaller resort and more laid back

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
May I ask, eddoc, why your first post here is about the Sunset Group? The most vile, IMHO, group in Mexican timeshares. I'm thinking you are on the payroll. Sorry, if I'm wrong.

eddoc

Reaction score
reply to Joe

I am certainly not on the payroll for Sunset Group. I'm just a relatively new owner & was looking for some feedback. You must've really been burned to be so angry.

freechoice

Reaction score
royal sunset is banked as bonus or compensation week?

Hi out there! I have read so many negative reviews on the sunset group but personally I haven't had that experience. Is there anyone out there who has something positive to say about Royal Sunset/Sunset Lagoon/ Fisherman's???

Last yearr when I banked Royal Sunset it was banked as bonus week and you cannot search online with it but have to phone RCI to make a request, it seems that RS has lost trading power with all the complaints?

Has anyone here had the same experience with RS being banked as a bonus week instead of a regular week that can be used for online searches?

Originally RS was banked as a regular week until last year or so:doh:

sally

Reaction score
nice resort!

I do not get people...(some are so SOUR) We stayed here,great people.We like the Grand Mayan.The sales teams always lie ,are always pushy,most everywhere Some here should grow up! The admiral club was a pretty cool sister business,we thought.

freechoice

Reaction score
How does RS bank your week at RCI???

I own there and love the places I've never had a problem with them. You have to buy it resale and they are cheap. Just don't go the the presentation because they really lie to you and high preassure. If you belong they always want you to go for a update presentation but tell them no way. The all inclusive is good and the cheapest all inclusive in Cancun.

For the past few years I find that RS has devalued my original t/s purchase
I have purchased a 2 bedroom presidential suite and when I request SUNSET to bank it , SUNSET BANKS IT AS NON STANDARD WEEK OR SUPPLEMENTAL WEEK which is of low low trading value and you much call RCI to do this trade and not able to do it online

ANYONE here with a sunset t/s experience this setup??? One explanation is that SUNSET IS OVERSELLING TOO MANY 2 BR units and using existing 2BR members like me to provide RCI a HOTEL UNIT WITH 2 PERSONS ONLY

THIS IS A SCRUPULOUS PRACTICE if SUNSET is doing this , it must be stopped ! Imagine buying a two bedroom unit to trade and they use whatever unit they give to RCI...Like A HOTEL UNIT...Why would I want to continue paying my 799.00 US maintenance fee to get a worthless trade if any at all!

Please help me find out if SUNSET IS DOING WHAT I THINK THEY ARE DOING>>> subsituting lower, hotel units for your two bedroom units to RCI!

thanks for replies:mad: