• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Special Trip 4 Seasons Aviara...Help

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, all you So. Ca. Tuggers. I'm asking for suggestions to make our 39th wedding anniversary trip special. I've got the 1 bedroom exchange into 4 Seasons Aviara starting on Friday. We are flying down from Sacto so Hubby doesn't have to drive all day. We are No. Ca. natives with limited experience in the San Diego/So. Ca. coastal region. Been to Disney 20-30 times since 1956 but plan to maybe do a 1 day just for fun. Hope to hook up for lunch with a timeshare buddy in Laguna. But beyond that, no special plans.

Unlike all our other trips, this is to be a "no cooking-in trip". We want to do at least one really special dinner and are willing to spend the bucks but need to keep the food budget reined in beyond that. We love all cuisines and are pretty darn good cooks ourselves so we know good food KWIM ;) Good places for lunch? Local favorites for dinner that have great food for reasonable without paying for all the fou fou non-cuisine related extras would be appreciated. Sight-seeing ideas are welcome, too. We love historical stuff, museums, pretty photo-op, Kodak moment type stuff. Not into shopping much. We've done the missions, zoo, old town, Catalina, already. All suggestions are welcome. Help!

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right at Four Seasons for that 'special' anniversary dinner they have Friday Night all the seafood you can eat buffet and it is great. Down Aviara Parkway about 4-5 lights is a shopping center with Von's. They have already made dinners as well as regular groceries. Ask the conceirge where the Museum of Making Music is. It's about 10 minutes away from Four Seasons (near Legoland) and it breaks music into decades and has hands-on instruments to try. Admission is less than $10pp. You probably already know Balboa Park has about 10 museums. My favorite hometown restaurants (I live in Carlsbad) are: Fish - Fish House Veracruz on Carlsbad Village Drive at the railroad tracks; Dini's for lunch - they have the best house salads and early bird dinner specials; Las Olas for Mexican; Chin's for Chinese. If you like antiques, walk down State Street downtown. Best deal for Japanese food is lunch at Benihana's. We have a brand new golf course with oceanviews. Lots of spas including a top one where you are staying. Have fun! :)

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perfect, Cathy, thank you so much. That's the stuff I'm looking for.:)

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
The Miramar Airshow is this weekend if you or your spouse have any interest in aviation. Admission is free. Google Miramar Airshow 2007.

Have a wonderful time.
Pam

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a great choice for an anniversary getaway. I have not been to Aviara but hear it's top notch. You may want to check out the Old Globe theater in Balboa Park. It's an outdoor theater (but very nice) that has a lot of Shakesphere plays. Very cool place. Also, the Dead Sea Scrolls are on exhibit right now at I think the Natural history museum in Balboa park. La Jolla village is a must and the ocean front park just below the "pink" hotel is a great spot for a picnic lunch. The lookout atop Mt. Soledad is awesome. Top of the Cove in La Jolla is a very nice, expensive place for a romantic dinner. Located in village overlooking the ocean. Very romantic rest. I am not familiar with things around Carlsbad, sorry but we looooove San Diego. Have a wonderful trip!

middleoforchid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
We just came back form our first exchange there 3 wks ago,thanks to Angela's sighting!After you've checked in ,book the seafood buffet w/the concierge right away(inside or outside seating)--it is excellent!Concierge also gave us maps and directions to nearby beach towns.Right beside Costco,there is a european deli Tip Top meat Market(?)we had a self serve dinner there once and the most expensive entree is a$10 giant steak w/a draft beer,coffee inc.Carlsbad village also has a lot of little restaurants that you will enjoy.Have a wonderful stay at this lovely resort.....................

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everybody. Great suggestions. Hubby is a retired air traffic controller so the airshow is a must do! We will definitely do some Balboa Park museums & the Friday dinner at Aviara! And we love good deli food for assembling good eats for picnics. La Jolla sounds like it will be fun to explore. I appreciate all your help. :clap:

labguides

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing we want to do in San Diego is to tour the Midway.