• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORN EY OF passes ROFR

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
When we were in Maui in January, we stopped for our annual visit with Syed at the Cannery. We have been visiting with him for several years, just to keep in touch and feel the pulse of the market on Maui. Well, this year the bug finally got to us and we decided to go for another week.

We talked about prices that would get past ROFR from Starwood and decided on $26,500 for Ocean Front, Every Year, North. The seller accepted the offer and we cleared ROFR last week. I got the escrow paperwork via Email today.

Syed is very friendly, helpful and professional. And I recommend you stop in and talk to him the next time your are in Maui. You may also see him posting on TUG.

Thanks Syed for your help. Hoping to close by the end of March.

Greg

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Congrats!

Sent from my iPad

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Congratulations Greg. That is a beautiful resort.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Way to go, Greg! Spending multiple weeks in an OF villa in WKORVN sounds heavenly right now. (When is winter going to end this year?????)

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Congratulations! Glad you're able to go even longer!

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Success!

Congratulations! I wondered when you told us about it if Syed was who you were working with.

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Yes, it is Syed. He has been very helpful and I recommend him to anyone looking for resale timeshares on Maui. And if you are in Maui, stop by his office in at the Cannery Mall to see him. He is a very interesting fellow and up to date on what is happening about time shares on Maui.

Greg

Congratulations! I wondered when you told us about it if Syed was who you were working with.

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Update on our purchase.

I got a letter from Starwood today that our latest resale purchase of WKORN has been added to our My Star Central account. :cheer: It now shows we own two units and shows our reservations on both. One thing that may have made this go smoothly was ensuring that we took title with exactly the same names as our original purchase (Thanks Syed for helping with this.)

We started the purchase with an offer about January 31, and it was fully completed by April 24, just under three months. It might have completed a week or two sooner if we had not been out of town, which delayed returning the signed/notarized documents by two weeks.

Syed Sarmad, of AdvantageVacation.com handled the purchase for us. He helped us set a price that was likely to pass ROFR and the seller accepted it. He did an excellent job, clearly communicating what would happen at each step and giving good estimates of the time frame for the steps. The closing agent he chose in Lahaina was also excellent and very responsive.

Now we just have to figure out what to do with the two weeks of Studio that we have yet to reserve for 2015.

Greg

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
See you here next time, Greg! :)

Sent from my iPad

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Greg, I might have missed it but what size was the unit you purchased?

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg, I might have missed it but what size was the unit you purchased?
We talked about prices that would get past ROFR from Starwood and decided on $26,500 for Ocean Front, Every Year, North. The seller accepted the offer and we cleared ROFR last week. I got the escrow paperwork via Email today.
WKORV's were only sold as 2BR LO, they never split the 2BR at sale (though you as an owner can split it for use). https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork...ocean-resort-villas-north/villas/#floorplan-3

There are a few 1Br Premiums (not part of a Lock Off) in WKORV but not in 'N'
https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.com/the-westin-kaanapali-ocean-resort-villas/villas/#floorplan-1

Last edited: