• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Survey - Resale Wyndham points?

CruzLover80

Reaction score
Remember ... Wyndham ARP booking window is 13 months out.

Buy today, close in 60 days, and use ARP for July 4th 2017 or anytime after that during 2017.

Buy on Dec 1st, close in 60 day, and use ARP for President's Day, Feb, 2018.

I suppose if you book after the ARP window the pickings are slimmer? The benefit of booking in ARP is for the specialty, high prime or "better" units... I presume that is correct? When I sat for the Diamond Resorts presentation, I was advised that they had "hot deals" valued at half the points if you can travel on relatively short notice... is that something Wyndham does?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose if you book after the ARP window the pickings are slimmer? The benefit of booking in ARP is for the specialty, high prime or "better" units... I presume that is correct? When I sat for the Diamond Resorts presentation, I was advised that they had "hot deals" valued at half the points if you can travel on relatively short notice... is that something Wyndham does?

Wyndham has a discount within 60 days from check in. However it's for VIP owners only and to get VIP you need to buy from Wyndham

It's hard for small account owners to justify the high price

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose if you book after the ARP window the pickings are slimmer? The benefit of booking in ARP is for the specialty, high prime or "better" units... ....

Slimmer? I guess you could call "NO AVAILABILITY" as slimmer. Royal Vista has ONLY 93 units and Santa Barbara has even less, 90 units (with 40% being studio units).

At both resorts, ALL the units are dressed out the same ... not much difference with views.

Also, Santa Barbara is a converted fixed week building ... I own 10 Prime fixed week deeds at that resort. Those are NOT in ARP ..ie NOT available to book via CWA or CWP points.

And there are many other PRIME week owners who are NOT in points. Cheaper also - no CWP/CWA fees.

BUT, my FLBR building has 140 units with 60% being 1bdrs and 40% being 2/2 lockouts ... MFs for the 2/2 under $875 ... exchanges thru RCI and II plus VRI trading. There are other options.

PS Wyndham owners either HATE or LOVE the Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort ... more of a city location.

PSS Might look more at Marriott Beachplace ... all 2/2 lockouts. All floating weeks. II exchange resort/chain. ST unit has balconies and sleep 4... would be find for a weekend getaway.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) Where do you want your home resort to be? Just for convenience purposes, Florida.

9) How much can you afford to spend upfront, without financing? I'm looking for resale off Ebay or other site, so I am not looking to finance and would like to get the most bang for my buck, so under $2,000 would be great.

10) How much can you afford to spend every year for a maintenance fee that will come due right after Christmas, and increase each year? $1200

11) Are you a detail oriented planner? Pretty well informed.

Side note: I have been finding relatively inexpensive Wyndham resorts on resale for $1500 or less for 165,000 Wyndham points. I am hoping that would buy me at least 2 weeks of vacation a year. I am confused as to which resorts I would be able to "trade" for, I've seen many variations of Wyndham resorts (i.e. Worldmark) so I am slightly confused... actually really confused. :ponder: Any help would be great.

If you want Wyndham, a Club Access deal like this is just the thing for you

http://www.ebay.com/itm/233-000-POI...847163?hash=item4aff1fb1fb:g:wHIAAOSw8RJXBn9g

233,000 points for $2000 purchase price and $1350/year. Advance Reservation Priority (essentially Home Resort) at Dozens of resorts across the country, including Grande Desert Las Vegas, which is a very nice resort.

Credit Pool your points when you don't need them for ARP, then take a Big Vacation one year, and one or two smaller ones off years. Lots of flexibility.

Don't worry about Florida in winter, because you live there.

persia

Reaction score
Yes, I would go go CWA rather than having a home resort. You get 13 months ARP at every resort that CWA owns at. ARP inventory seems to be divided according to the percent that CWA owns at a resort, so if CWA owns 20 percent of the points at a resort 20 percent of the points of the day would be available for CWA owners and 80 percent of the points for CWP owners.

Either way at 8:00 AM US ET, both CWA and CWP would get their ARP, but CWA likely would run out sooner in the day than CWP because of higher competition and fewer points available.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Either way at 8:00 AM US ET, both CWA and CWP would get their ARP, but CWA likely would run out sooner in the day than CWP because of higher competition and fewer points available.

That may be true if all the underlying CWA deeds at a resort are converted fixed weeks.

I don't know that it has ever been determined how CWA availability is metered out at UDI resorts. One way would be to treat CWA similar to credit pool points. If CWA owners are the only ones reserving on a given day, they could draw enough points from the CWA pool to book the entire resort, if there are enough points in the CWA pool for that resort at the time.

In practice, it is a mix of CWA and UDI owners each day, but I do not think the points are metered out each day according to the Club Wyndham Access/Club Wyndham Select deeds ratio at the resort.