• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott vacation offer to Ko Olina

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I found this link for a great offer at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club.

Details:
6 Days and 5 Nights at Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club located in Oahu.
Complimentary Hertz Rental Car
10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles!

All for only $699!

http://www.marriott-vacations.com/offers/aa/koolina-beach-club.asp?loc=CI59*1-1OKTBU

I once before found a website where you could enter your state and find all the current Marriot Vacation Club offers. Now, I can no longer find that link.

I went to one of these five or so years ago. It was great. Current Marriott timeshare owners are NOT eligible.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thanks for the link. I've been wanting to do another Marriott preview as I'm now considering buying (resale, of course).

1sland

TUG Member
Reaction score

Details:

All for only $699!

http://www.marriott-vacations.com/offers/aa/koolina-beach-club.asp?loc=CI59*1-1OKTBU

I once before found a website where you could enter your state and find all the current Marriot Vacation Club offers. Now, I can no longer find that link.

I went to one of these five or so years ago. It was great. Current Marriott timeshare owners are NOT eligible.

Thanks for the link, I passed it on to some of my friends who are interested in going to Hawaii soon.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau

Details:

All for only $699!

Marriott owners can get a similar deal. I am a Marriott timeshare owner and I will be arriving at the Ko'Olina Aug 20th on a promo. Then we have the following week as an exchange. Marriott was fully aware I was an owner (not at Ko'olina) when I paid and reserved my promo:cheer:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott owners can get a similar deal. I am a Marriott timeshare owner and I will be arriving at the Ko'Olina Aug 20th on a promo. Then we have the following week as an exchange. Marriott was fully aware I was an owner (not at Ko'olina) when I paid and reserved my promo:cheer:

Nice! I was just reading the promo.

"Eligibility:
Annual income of $100,000 or more and ownership of primary residence is required. The individual whose name appears on the email may only redeem this offer. Excluded from this offer are employees and owners of any Marriott Vacation Club International property, owners’ families, previous participants in a Marriott or Marriott Vacation Club International promotion, and groups (two or more affiliated couples)."

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice! I was just reading the promo.

"Eligibility:
Annual income of $100,000 or more and ownership of primary residence is required. The individual whose name appears on the email may only redeem this offer. Excluded from this offer are employees and owners of any Marriott Vacation Club International property, owners’ families, previous participants in a Marriott or Marriott Vacation Club International promotion, and groups (two or more affiliated couples)."
In reality, all you need to be is breathing ;)

Pat

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other link is a better deal for Hawaii; includes a free car and 10,000 AA miles.

Right, but this one gives you all deals offered by Marriott for the state in which you live. My problem is, when I move back to NC in a month, NC is not on the list so I will probably have to call. :(

The one that is offered in the OP is a special that came from AA, I actually got the same one in my email last week.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks potckak. This is exectly the page I was talking about.

It, however, apears to be outdated.
For Oahu is says, "This offer is nontransferable and deposit and purchase price are not refundable. You must call to purchase your Preview package before September 30, 2006."

The other one is good for a few more days, July 31. 2007.
You then have 15 months to travel.

Terry

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I sent in my request. I know they'll know I'm an owner, not Ko Olina yet. Will that stop my request from being filled? I am looking to buy a Platinum Mountain view as we speak.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

turkel,
What are they giving you, a hotel room, 1 BR???
Was availability a problem?

I am soooo jealous!!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I sent in my request. I know they'll know I'm an owner, not Ko Olina yet. Will that stop my request from being filled? I am looking to buy a Platinum Mountain view as we speak.

GREAT,
What resort are you looking to buy?
Resale?

I want to buy another Waiohai :( when I get the funds.

Terry

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
GREAT,
What resort are you looking to buy?
Resale?

I want to buy another Waiohai :( when I get the funds.

Terry

Ko Olina because of the lock off feature. I have two offers at 23K for Mountain view. I think 23K is the magic number for passing ROFR, at least I hope it is.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ko Olina because of the lock off feature. I have two offers at 23K for Mountain view. I think 23K is the magic number for passing ROFR, at least I hope it is.

That is similar to Waiohai, which can be had for about $22,500.

Good Luck

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is similar to Waiohai, which can be had for about $22,500.

Good Luck

Wait a minute, isn't Waiohai a dedicated two bdrm? Not a lock off?

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
turkel,

I am soooo jealous!!

I also received the AA offer last week and just purchased the package to use next April. Accomodations are hotel unit (lockoff) but we were able to upgrade to full 1BR unit for $100 total.

Also, if you don't want the AA miles they will substitute a $50 resort certificate.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, isn't Waiohai a dedicated two bdrm? Not a lock off?

CORRECTION - Except for the lock-off feature!

I have not been to Ko olina. It appears to be very nice. I am looking at going there on a points package.

Maui & Kauai resorts are very nice but too big for us.
Waiohai is quaint with NO room for expansion.
We Love It!! :)

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also received the AA offer last week and just purchased the package to use next April. Accomodations are hotel unit (lockoff) but we were able to upgrade to full 1BR unit for $100 total.

Also, if you don't want the AA miles they will substitute a $50 resort certificate.

Great :clap:

I might just have to bite off one of these bad boys for myself. Maybe I could tack it on to a points package. :rolleyes:

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wow, have many Marriott weeks are you going to have if this one goes through!:D Good luck with ROFR!

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. We went to 4 of these, over about 5 yrs. before we decided to buy. None of the presentations was high-pressure. :cheer:

If you go, five bucks says you'll own a Marriott within six months!

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Oahu preview

turkel,

I am soooo jealous!!

The package price was $649 for a studio. I upgraded to a 1 bed for an extra $100.00. The package included 5 nights 6 days, 6 days Hertz rental car and a$50.00 gift certificate. A presentation is required. Tax on the unit is included but parking is $10/day (can't use the $50 towards parking) you also have to pay taxes on the car I was quoted about $40.00. I actually called Marriott and requested the preview.

Calling owner services got me the run around. I can't seem to locate the number I called but on my confirmation from Marriott there is a phone number listed if I have any questions. I just called it and it seems you can be connected with an associate if you are calling about a preview invitation if any one is interested in the number pm me and I will give it out. I don't think phone number are ok to list in these forums are they? If a moderator okays it I can post it in this thread.

Pam

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The package price was $649 for a studio. I upgraded to a 1 bed for an extra $100.00. The package included 5 nights 6 days, 6 days Hertz rental car and a$50.00 gift certificate. A presentation is required. Tax on the unit is included but parking is $10/day (can't use the $50 towards parking) you also have to pay taxes on the car I was quoted about $40.00. I actually called Marriott and requested the preview.

Calling owner services got me the run around. I can't seem to locate the number I called but on my confirmation from Marriott there is a phone number listed if I have any questions. I just called it and it seems you can be connected with an associate if you are calling about a preview invitation if any one is interested in the number pm me and I will give it out. I don't think phone number are ok to list in these forums are they? If a moderator okays it I can post it in this thread.

Pam

All this and they know you are already a Marriott owner?