• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ GONE ] FREE Mexico/Costa Rica/Dominican Republic/Spain Timeshare!

jessie2727

Reaction score
My husband and I purchased our Occidental Vacation Club membership in the fall of 2012 and have realized we jumped the gun! We have a newborn and are planning on having another one next year, that said we arent traveling and dont forsee us traveling out of the country for 5+ years...So, we want/need to get rid of our timeshare to put that MF towards the kiddos! Timeshare is paid in full and the maitenance fees are every other year (odd years) and are $285. The membership allows you to travel on the odd years to any of the included resorts. There are 6 in Mexico, 5 in the Dominican Republic, 2 in Costa Rica, 1 in Aruba, 1 in Spain, and 3 in Cuba. The week that is included is a 'prime' week which allows reservations pretty much anytime (holidays extra amount). The membership also includes 28 days of bonus time each year. The bonus time allows you to travel anytime/any year (based on availability). The membership gives u a studio which sleeps 2 adults and gives u perks such as internet, top shelf liquor, etc. The membership is for all-inclusive resorts. With the membership you get an amazing price on using the all-inclusive resorts.

This is my first time dealing with buying/selling a timeshare, so if i missed anything just let me know. I have been to the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Mexico twice and can say it is a beautiful resort where the staff are there to meet your every need. At this point I am willing to give it away simply because it seems like the easiest route. All I am asking is for the buyer to pay the fees for transfering the deed and the current maitenance fee due. 2015's week has not been used, so if you buy this timeshare, you could be traveling to one of their resorts this spring!

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All I am asking is for the buyer to pay the fees for transfering the deed and the current maitenance fee due. 2015's week has not been used, so if you buy this timeshare, you could be traveling to one of their resorts this spring!

What are the transfer fees?

Starfish2013

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the closing costs and transfer fees? I'm interested once I know that information.

jessie2727

Reaction score
cost of transfer fee

http://www.lttransfers.com/ is the company I will be using since they come highly recommended off this site. The base fee is $150 (stated on website) but I am assuming there will be other costs as well...I am hoping it remains in the $150-$225 range.

jessie2727

Reaction score
correction to original post

I need to make a correction to my original post. The bonus time works only on the odd years as well. I was under the impression they were good for even years since my hubby and I got to travel in 2012 but was told yesterday when I was clarifying a few things that we only got to travel in 2012 as part of the perk of becoming members. So, to CLARIFY, with this timeshare you can ONLY travel in the odd years (which makes sense since you will only be paying MFs in the odd years). Sorry for the confusion.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.lttransfers.com/ is the company I will be using since they come highly recommended off this site. The base fee is $150 (stated on website) but I am assuming there will be other costs as well...I am hoping it remains in the $150-$225 range.

Fyi, a "transfer fee" is not exactly the same thing as a "closing cost" but is instead a fee often imposed by a club, resort, chain or management company to internally process the transfer of an existing ownership (or RTU [right to use] contract, as is plainly the case in this particular instance) to someone else. The transfer fee cost has not yet been identified anywhere above and it is a figure which should first be obtained directly from Occidental Vacation Club. Frankly, I have no idea whether OVC is a U.S. or Mexico (or elsewhere) based entity, but I do know that at some resorts in Mexico imposed transfer fees can be in the thousands of dollars.

Also, since this is a membership / RTU contract transfer, LTT may not actually be appropriate, since OVC may well have its' own forms and procedures for OVC contract transfers. LTT is very capable and certainly of reasonable cost for handling deeded ownerships (which this is not), but perhaps neither necessary nor appropriate for a RTU contract transfer (which this clearly is), particularly if OVC mandates and utilizes its' own paperwork and processes, as many RTU contract outfits often do.
More procedural and transfer cost information obtained directly from OVC by the "offering" OP / current contract holder would seem required and appropriate here.

For the record, I have no interest in this offer; I'm just trying to help get missing facts, figures and procedures more clearly and accurately identified for others.

P.S. If this RTU contract has a defined time period (i.e., an expiration date), OP providing that information would also be helpful and useful to others.
Mexican RTU contracts are often for 15, 20 or 30 years duration but again, I don't claim to know where OVC is even actually based in the first place.

Last edited:

jessie2727

Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Great. Ok will do more research. I just want out, is that too much to ask?!

Starfish2013

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theo - Thank you for the information. I am still interested in it, once the OP gets all the details. :)

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want out, is that too much to ask?!

Maybe yes, unless you first provide sufficient facts and details...

It's not much to ask for you to have accurate info and figures available for potentially interested parties. The devil is always in the details and no one with any smarts will just blindly agree to take over your (or any other) contract without someone first learning (and then accurately communicating) the details, costs and procedures involved. :shrug:

You're welcome....

Last edited:

FaithWalker

Reaction score
My husband and I purchased our Occidental Vacation Club membership in the fall of 2012 and have realized we jumped the gun! We have a newborn and are planning on having another one next year, that said we arent traveling and dont forsee us traveling out of the country for 5+ years...So, we want/need to get rid of our timeshare to put that MF towards the kiddos! Timeshare is paid in full and the maitenance fees are every other year (odd years) and are $285. The membership allows you to travel on the odd years to any of the included resorts. There are 6 in Mexico, 5 in the Dominican Republic, 2 in Costa Rica, 1 in Aruba, 1 in Spain, and 3 in Cuba. The week that is included is a 'prime' week which allows reservations pretty much anytime (holidays extra amount). The membership also includes 28 days of bonus time each year. The bonus time allows you to travel anytime/any year (based on availability). The membership gives u a studio which sleeps 2 adults and gives u perks such as internet, top shelf liquor, etc. The membership is for all-inclusive resorts. With the membership you get an amazing price on using the all-inclusive resorts.

This is my first time dealing with buying/selling a timeshare, so if i missed anything just let me know. I have been to the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Mexico twice and can say it is a beautiful resort where the staff are there to meet your every need. At this point I am willing to give it away simply because it seems like the easiest route. All I am asking is for the buyer to pay the fees for transfering the deed and the current maitenance fee due. 2015's week has not been used, so if you buy this timeshare, you could be traveling to one of their resorts this spring!
Hi jessie2727...is this timeshare still avaiable? Interested! looking for a timeshare that i can use this year in the Dominican Rep. (specifically Punta Cana) and in the future.
Thanks in advance for your reply

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
jessie2727 has not visited TUG since January. To send them an email, click on their blue user name.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thanks...DONE!

You might search TUG and G**gle on this.... Some very bad opinions of the operation out there.

Having said that, I know absolutely nothing about it...other than the 2 very bad entries that I read after a short search.

good luck--to all involved.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I am familiar with the Occidental in Aruba and its an all-inclusive resort. As an owner would you be required to purchase the AI package? If yes, do you know the cost per person? Also, is the $285 MF the total amount or is it $285 payable every year for every other year usage?

jessie2727

Reaction score
Surrendered it back

Sorry all, ended up just surrendering it back...wanted to help someone else out, but they just made it too difficult to change ownership. Tried to delete my post...