• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free- Wapato Point 2-bedroom Unit at Lake Chelan

awoodsy42

Reaction score
This unit is normally structured as 3 weeks a year every two years, but we own two of these to allow us to have 3 week a year every year.

Summer weeks (this year in mid-July) are easy to rent and will cover a good portion of the maintenance fee's for the year. This timeshare can be converted to RCI points, but has not been done at this point.

Maintenances fee's come out to be $258 for each leg of the timeshares...so around $516 a quarter or $2064 a year.

We are willing to pay for transfer fee.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-A Woods

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just in interested in one week every other year

Would you be willing to part with just one week every other year?

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Splitting up the legs of the timeshare

Yes...we would be willing to split up the timeshare so that we transfer only one leg (so you would get 3 weeks every 2 years). I am not sure we are able to split off the individual weeks of each leg. I haven't researched that proposition at all. Seems like that would make the other two weeks near impossible to move, but I could look into it.

Please know that we have never done anything like this before, so we don't want to make a ton of extra work for ourselves or the purchasing party, but we are willing to go this direction if that is what someone wants.

Please let me know if there are any other questions that I can help with.

Thanks!

A W

Last edited:

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would really only be interested in one week, preferably every other year, but would consider every year.

missmouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are able to break it up, we would likely take one week as well., also preferably every other year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Can the weeks be split up? How far in advance can you make reservations?

If you rent a week, do the renters need a guest certificate? If so, what is the fee for a guest certificate?

It sounds like Home owner's Dues are paid quarterly, is that correct?

What would be a typical rental fee for a week in the summer?

Thanks,

Richard

Bill4728

Reaction score
The TS at Wapato is one of the few that convert to RCI points for just the fee that RCI charges ~$200.00 So this would be a great RCI point TS

Also I believe that this TS is fixed/floating week meaning the weeks are on a schedule of when you get the week but each year it changes to a different week So this year you may get week 14, 26 and 39 but next year you'd get 15, 27 and 40.

Personally I'd guess that it would be easier to get rid of the whole TS and not break it up into 2 EOY TS .

Also I'd put an ad on Craig's list in the Seattle area since there are lots of people who may jump at the chance to get a wapato pt TS for free.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The individual weeks used to be able to exchanged for Worldmark Points for a fee

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Great questions and thanks for all your help so far!

Thanks so much for the helpful insights from everyone! I truly appreciate you taking the time to ask questions and to provide helpful feedback. This is all new to me as I am trying to help my mother unload this timeshare as a result of my father passing away.

Let me try to answer some of the remaining questions the best I can.

I have a message into Wapato to see about their rental rates for a week during the summer and will post an accurate answer when I hear back, but I did find a listing for this unit to be rented in August for $2100 a week. Truthfully, i think that might be a little bit high. But, I'll know more when I hear back from Wapato.

When the schedule comes out it provides you with your schedule for multiple years. So we have the schedule for our unit through 2017 right now. As someone posted earlier, the weeks do move up each year, but it appears that they move up by a month. For instance, this year we have the week after the 4th of July and next year we have the middle week of August. It does look to move in a predictable fashion.

When do you have to reserve? I'm not sure what you mean by that. The week you get is yours. I don't think there is anything you need to do unless you are choosing to exchange or rent it out. In that case you need to do that within 2-3 weeks of your time (not sure exactly the rules on this one).

You do need a guess certificate if you rent it out. When I hear back from Wapato I should be able to get the cost figured out for this.

Yes. home owners dues are paid quarterly.

I don't think we will break up the weeks. If we are unable to give the timeshare away we will be trying to rent out the summer week to make up the cost of the maintenance for the year.

Thanks again for your help everyone! Please continue to ask questions or provide helpful insights if you have any!

AW

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi AW,

Thanks for your answers.

My son would like to know if pets are allowed?

Richard

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Hello Richard,

No..Sorry. Pets are not allowed at Wapato Point.

-AW

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Clarifying Information

Thanks again for all your help and questions regarding our timeshare. I have learned some new information that might help.

The rental rate for the summer week is $2450 through Wapato Point themselves. They would give you 60% of that ($1470) or if you put the rental into the system before March 1st then they would give you 70% of that ($1715). If you were to list the condo on other site (craigslist, tug, etc) for rent you would be expected to pay 3.5% to Wapato. The listings that I read about for this unit are $200 off the Wapato price so that would be $2250 and I have seen other sites listing for $2100 (paying $74 to Wapato).

Most owners that I have read about on different forums rent out the summer week to cover the cost of maintenance and dues ($2064). So the numbers are pretty close if you put in the effort to rent out the summer weeks which would then leave you with the other two weeks to exchange, use, or pocket the RCI points.

Speaking of RCI points. We never used the RCI point system, instead we exchanged our weeks or used them ourselves. But I had a question about the cost per point on this timeshare. Looking at the point chart on the RCI web page we get a total of 119,000 points for 2015 and the dues are $2064 (using the 2014 due rate). My math puts the cost per point at $0.0173. This is all new to me, so please let me know if that is incorrect. I hope this information helps!

As usual, thank you for all your help with this! Please keep the questions or ideas coming.

-A W

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This unit is normally structured as 3 weeks a year every two years, but we own two of these to allow us to have 3 week a year every year.

Summer weeks (this year in mid-July) are easy to rent and will cover a good portion of the maintenance fee's for the year. This timeshare can be converted to RCI points, but has not been done at this point.

Maintenances fee's come out to be $258 for each leg of the timeshares...so around $516 a quarter or $2064 a year.

We are willing to pay for transfer fee.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-A Woods

AW,

Can you clarify your first sentence - "This unit is normally structured as 3 weeks a year every two years, but we own two of these to allow us to have 3 week a year every year."

How is it that the unit you are giving away maintains the 3 weeks every year? I'm not sure what the "we own two of these" means that allows you to have 3 weeks every year rather than 3 weeks every other year. Does that mean you have two 2BR units. If so, are both units included in the deal?

Thanks

Richard

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Good Question...

Thanks for your question..it is confusing to me too.

When my parents purchased this timeshare they were being sold as 3 weeks everyone two years. I'm not exactly sure how those 3 weeks over 2 years would be split apart. Instead, my parents purchased a second set of this timeshare so that they would be 3 weeks each year instead of over the course of 2 years. I'm not sure this will really matter...it will end up being 3 weeks each year as i would like to keep the weeks together. It might mean that we will need to complete 2 deed transfers instead of one, but that cost will be on us.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

-A W

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks for your question..it is confusing to me too.

When my parents purchased this timeshare they were being sold as 3 weeks everyone two years. I'm not exactly sure how those 3 weeks over 2 years would be split apart. Instead, my parents purchased a second set of this timeshare so that they would be 3 weeks each year instead of over the course of 2 years. I'm not sure this will really matter...it will end up being 3 weeks each year as i would like to keep the weeks together. It might mean that we will need to complete 2 deed transfers instead of one, but that cost will be on us.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

-A W

I wonder if it's terminology? Is it possible the deed they bought is "three weeks every two years?" As in "every other year?" Those are usually spoken of as Every Even Year or Every Odd Year. If they then bought a second deed that was three weeks in the opposite years, it would give them three weeks per year. If you sell one of the deeds, it would likely be one or the other, rather than a blend of both.

Just an idea...

Dave

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder if it's terminology? Is it possible the deed they bought is "three weeks every two years?" As in "every other year?" Those are usually spoken of as Every Even Year or Every Odd Year. If they then bought a second deed that was three weeks in the opposite years, it would give them three weeks per year. If you sell one of the deeds, it would likely be one or the other, rather than a blend of both.

Just an idea...

Dave

Hi Dave,

Your theory makes sense - it sounds like there are two deeds - an every even year and an every odd year. If this is truly the case, then I would think the quarterly homeowner's fee would be $258 per quarter or $1,032 per year since only one portion of two deeds is in play for a particular year and one should only pay the fee for the usage of that year.

AW is that correct?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

Richard

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Timeshare Deeds

Thanks for the clarifying questions.

I am getting in contact with Wapato today and can hopefully have a firm answer for you by the end of the day. My parents purchased these units 10+ years ago and my mother really had nothing to do with them (my father passed) so we are learning as we go.

I do know that we pay quarterly dues of $258 two times each quarter (on the same day). So that is $516 total each quarter or $2064 a year and have 3 weeks each year. This makes me think that we have two units/possibly 2 deeds (My mom is picking up the deeds today so I will know that later too)

Looking at listings on real estate sites (http://www.northwestidx.com/search_result.php?client_search=196189564&site_id=53100&search_id=0&cp=0) they sell units that are either 3 weeks every year or 3 weeks every 2 years.

Anyway, that is the only way things are split up. There are no listings of individual weeks or odd or even weeks. It may just be that Wapato does this a little differently. I will get a more firm answer and get back to you all.

Thanks!

A W

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Clarifying Segments of Timeshare

Hello all!

I just heard back from Wapato Point. We do own two segments and they are each 3 weeks over the course of 2 years, which would then give us 3 weeks every year. I know that it is different than some other places (odds and evens) and I am not sure why it is done this way...but it is.

Both segments are on one deed. I should have the deed this afternoon after my mom gets it out of the safe deposit box.

Thanks again for all you help! Let me know if there are any further questions.

-A W

awoodsy42

Reaction score
More information

Here is the schedule of weeks that we have for this timeshare.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Weeks for 2015 - week 11 March 8-15 (deposited)
week 28 July 5-12
week 45 Nov 1-8

In 2016 Week 16 April 10-17
week 33 August 7-14
week 50 Dec.4-11

In 2017. Week 01 Jan. 1-8
week 19 may 7-14
week 36 Sept 3-10

Thanks again for all your help!

A W

awoodsy42

Reaction score
We will pay 2015 Dues

Hello everyone! Thanks again for all your support.

To make things easier on a new owner, we have decided that we will pay the maintenance dues for 2015.

We will also pay the Wapato transfer fee and all closing costs associated with transferring the deed.

The new owner will begin taking on the dues starting in 2016.

So...no costs until the new owner starts paying quarterly dues next January 2016.

Again, please let me know if you have any questions.

A W

Cyndi

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
Which Wapato Association is this contract in?

I currently own Beach Association and rent our summer week every year. I let the management do it and they take a cut. I usually get about $1400 for my 2 bedroom beach front unit. I use the other two weeks as points in RCI. I have had some issues with RCI taking my summer week before I could reserve it out of the pool. But otherwise it makes for some pretty cheap timeshare usage.

The float rotation is not like anything else I have seen in timeshare and can be confusing for others new to it. We were told we could not split off our weeks. They sold them in blocks because they would not have been able to sell the blue and white weeks. The weeks rotate forward 3 or 4 weeks each year. Sometimes my summer week is good and some years it is in early June and won't rent at all - so I bank it.

The land that the resort is on is owned by the Wapato Indians and it is leased from them for a fixed term. I don't recall when the lease expires but it is not anytime soon. There are several Associations that manage the phases of development on Wapato Point and their is a common association to manage the shared areas like the pools and tennis courts.

We love Chelan and have traded these units very successfully. If I didn't already own 12 weeks of timeshare I might consider getting another contract.

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Thanks Cyndi

Thanks Cyndi for offering your understanding of how Wapato splits up its weeks. It definitely seems different than some people are used to.

When I talked to Wapato they gave me the run-down on the rentals...they said that normally they give the owner 60% for the summer rental week of $2450 which would be $1470. But, they did mention that if you got your rental in before March 1st they would give you 70% which would be $1715. Just a thought.

I have also heard that people are able to rent it for below Wapato prices using outside websites (Wapato Trader/Craigslist/etc.)..they list prices at $2100 and all you would have to pay Wapato is 3.5% of whatever you get.

If I remember, the Wapato Point land is leased through 2075..or something like that. So it shouldn't be something to worry about.

This is still available. We will pay all closing/transfer fees and 2015 dues.

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Still available

This 3 week timeshare is still available. We will pay all dues, transfer fee's, and title transfer costs.

Thanks!

A W

awoodsy42

Reaction score
Still Available

Thanks for all your questions in the past. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

This timeshare is still available.