• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ GONE ] FREE: Westin St John timeshare - FREE 2015 MF!

olivias dad

Reaction score
We have really enjoyed the Westin St. John, but we can no longer go at this time of year, unfortunately.

Willing to sell for a penny and pay 2015 maint fees ($1,500 annually). I only ask for buyer to pay for transfer/closing.

WSJ (Grand Villas)
Week 34 (Unit 3414) Studio Villa
Fri - Fri (Fixed Every Year)

44,000 Staroptions yearly - this will transfer to the new owner.

Let me know if interested.

wes1098ag.45495_md.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
In my experience, the best way to move an unwanted timeshare on Tug is to place an ad in the Marketplace listing exactly what you have, what current maintenance fees are, and what the new owner will be expected to pay. To sweeten the deal (and cut your losses), agree to pay the transfer fees and closing costs. Yes, you're paying to give it away, but the potential new owner won't have to pay anything to accept your gift, and will be more likely to take it off your hands. If all you want is to be done with it, it's a small investment to pay.

Follow the ad with a similar posting in the Bargain Deals subforum of the Buying Selling forum to draw attention to the great deal you're offering.

I've given away several timeshares on Tug this way, and have never had one listed for more than a few days before I had a taker. I use Legal Timeshare Transfers for processing the paperwork, so my costs are minimal. If it moves out before the next maintenance fees are due, then I'm money ahead.

Good luck!

Dave

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Sent you an email....

Kate49

Reaction score
Question

In my experience, the best way to move an unwanted timeshare on Tug is to place an ad in the Marketplace listing exactly what you have, what current maintenance fees are, and what the new owner will be expected to pay. To sweeten the deal (and cut your losses), agree to pay the transfer fees and closing costs. Yes, you're paying to give it away, but the potential new owner won't have to pay anything to accept your gift, and will be more likely to take it off your hands. If all you want is to be done with it, it's a small investment to pay.

Follow the ad with a similar posting in the Bargain Deals subforum of the Buying Selling forum to draw attention to the great deal you're offering.

I've given away several timeshares on Tug this way, and have never had one listed for more than a few days before I had a taker. I use Legal Timeshare Transfers for processing the paperwork, so my costs are minimal. If it moves out before the next maintenance fees are due, then I'm money ahead.

Good luck!

Dave

Hi Dave,
What is 'Legal Timeshare Transfers'?
Kate49

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin St. John

Hi

Is this still available? What has it traded for in the past? Do you trade thru Starwood or Interval? Week 34 is that a Gold week?

Thanks

Cyn

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This unit trades with both II and Starwood, but this is a unit you would buy to use.

It is a fixed week.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
An attorney in the USVI is not necessary (where did this come from?) - I bought my 1st w/o a StT attorney. What is needed is for someone to be physically on-island (St Thomas) to deal with associated paperwork necessary for deed transfer with the 'Recorder of Deeds' Office. Therefore, the presence of a Closing Company on StT is warranted unless someone plans to travel to StT.

https://gov.propertyinfo.com/us-virginislands/

Good advice to get this villa to use it - it is rarely worth exchanging via SVN due to the relatively high annual cost (MFs and Prop Tax bill - and SVN fee if applicable) for the associated SOs one receives. It is a considerable downward exchange on II or RCI (some VGV VOIs still have RCI), and certainly not worth it - especially after the fees involved.

Also, our BOD just warned that our MFs will rise again with the new CV phase (and potential phase beyond that) because of some very wrong-thinking math (IMO) that involves VGV Owners paying more for upkeep of the Main Resort (compared to BV and CV Owners).

Week 34 is a Gold+ week (lowest season for WSJ).

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for clarifying - what I should have said is that LTT does not do transfers in the USVI.

I believe the OP has already found someone who is qualified, and in the USVI, to do the transfer.

*I think I'm confusing the transfer process with Harborside...

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used these folks. Professional, courteous, knowledgeable, prompt, thorough.

Not an advertisement, but an endorsement.

Jayne is a paralegal. When I sold my WSJ, she handled the transaction and the buyer and I split the costs if I remember correctly. They used: http://www.timesharetitle.com/

Jayne A. C. Kellogg
Birch, de Jongh & Hindels, PLLC
Attorneys at Law
Poinsettia House at Bluebeard's Castle
1330 Estate Taarnebjerg
St. Thomas , Virgin Islands 00802
Telephone: 340/774-1100 Ext. 6
Facsimile: 340/776-0342
Email (direct to Sender) jackellogg@bdhlawvi.com

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just wanted to thank Olivia's dad for his generosity. Recorded deed now in my name (closing handles by an acquaintance who does STT/STJ deeds) - need to get the info from DeniseM about who to fax it to at Starwood.
:cheer:
Looking forward to a trip this summer.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats! You can find that info. on the Starwood forum > stickies > Starwood Owner Resources > Buying selling renting

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats! You can find that info. on the Starwood forum > stickies > Starwood Owner Resources > Buying selling renting

Thx, will take care of it tomorrow. Knew I read it, could not remember where....guess I am a Starwood owner...again :cool:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thx, will take care of it tomorrow. Knew I read it, could not remember where....guess I am a Starwood owner...again :cool:

Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated….

Picard_as_Locutus.jpg

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated….

Picard_as_Locutus.jpg

For WSJ, true. Now I will probably want to pick up a Mandatory FL unit to get more StarOptions. Help ME!

Last edited: