• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unused points

beachwood

Reaction score
If I dont use the point is the best thing to do is roll them over? I have not been able to use the 189,000 point and need to do something with them soon. Does anyone know if there are other options and is a rollover the best thing to do. Wyndham Vacation Resorts

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The only thing you can do is deposit the points into RCI. You have to put points in the credit pool way ahead of time.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Don't worry, it's great using them in RCI also. Just figure out how many DIFFERENT week deposits you want to make, donlt just make one or two.. I suggest a couple of 28K, 40K, 70K. (Figure out the math as you like)

Don't deposit more than 70K is the advice I have heard,

That will pick up almost anything. We have gotten everything with that many - more don;t seem to make a diff.

Then, when you ask for an exchange, see if they will use the 28K's first

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
That will pick up almost anything
To clarify, almost anything that Wyndham points will see. There's a lot that it won't see---it tends to be a very mediocre trader, no matter how large the deposit.

That's not to say you can't get some good trades, particularly internally. But, you won't get some of the really sought-after weeks.

chris1gill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, it's great using them in RCI also. Just figure out how many DIFFERENT week deposits you want to make, donlt just make one or two.. I suggest a couple of 28K, 40K, 70K. (Figure out the math as you like)

Don't deposit more than 70K is the advice I have heard,

That will pick up almost anything. We have gotten everything with that many - more don;t seem to make a diff.

Then, when you ask for an exchange, see if they will use the 28K's first

Is there a thread somewhere that explains how to decide the number of points to deposit, in what amounts, and how to go about trying to use those points within RCI? I see you mention 28K, but I thought a 2 bedroom unit for instance would be far more, what can 28K points actually get you? And how do you go about trying to get it?

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread somewhere that explains how to decide the number of points to deposit, in what amounts, and how to go about trying to use those points within RCI? I see you mention 28K, but I thought a 2 bedroom unit for instance would be far more, what can 28K points actually get you? And how do you go about trying to get it?

Well...I got

2 - weeks in Hawaii - Fairfield's Kona - 2 bedroom
1 - week at the Grand Desert Las Vegas - 2 bedroom
1 - week at Fairfield's in Sedona - 2 bedroom

Those were all with 28k points each. Look in the Sightings for bulk deposits, then call rci & see if a 28k week will pull it.

Marsha

Caius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see you mention 28K, but I thought a 2 bedroom unit for instance would be far more, what can 28K points actually get you? And how do you go about trying to get it?

As Marsha said, 28k will frequently get a week after a bulk deposit - when Wyn dumps a bunch of weeks at a particular resort into RCI all at once. Also, I've had luck with small deposits when booking last minute (within 2 weeks) with RCI.

Caius

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked earlier this week Wk 7 and Wk 8 2010 at Sea Gardens in a studio with 2 28,000 pt blue studios.:D

Do the math - RCI vacation shopping is as additive as eBay timeshare buying. Should have snagged that Ft Lauderdale week at Thanksgiving 2009 ... if I only had a brain:ignore: .