• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Almost made the fatal mistake..........

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't take marketing calls so when the receptionist said "Hilton" was on the line, I thought they were calling about some upcoming reservations I had. Turned out to he HGVC. I politely told him I wasn't interested. The guy pleaded for 5 minutes of my time and in a weaker moment I said you now have 4 min. 30 sec. Long story short, we ended up with a 6 nt. stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, rental car for a week, and 2 $100.00 vouchers for use on property all for 699.00.

We made the trip last month and figured on getting the T/S presentation out of the way on the 3rd day there. Again, long story short, we ended up committing to a 7000 pt. EOY package, $1126.00 maintaince, and 17000 bonus points for $18000.00 and some change. Luckily I called a cousin who had sold T/S's a number of years ago to see what he thought. The 1st words out of his mouth were "Why would you want to pay retail for something you can get wholesale?" He promised we could easily find the same thing for at least a 50% savings. The next morning we excerised our right of rescission.

After arriving home, I started researching timeshare resales and fotunately found you guys. What a stroke of luck. The knowledge here is incredible! I was concerned about finding a reputable agent and through searching posts, came up with Judi Kozlowski. She is awesome, just as you guys said.

I shared with Judi what we perceived as our needs / goals in finding a T/S were. In less than 24 hours she sent a number of listings for us to look at. Nothing hit our hot button. I e-mailed her back and said "In a perfect world we would like a 4800 pt annual platinum 1 bdrm. low maintaince." She said "Let me see what I can do. I think there may be one coming on the market."

Yesterday, she sent a listing of exactly what we were looking for. 4800 annual pts. 1 bdrm. with $515.00 maintaince fees for $6150.00! Needless to say, we jumped on it immeadiately. I shudder to think what almost happened while we were at the presentation in Hawaii last month. We ended up with 9600 pts. every 2 years vs. 7000 pts. (and 100.00 less in maintaince) At $18000.00 vs our $6150.00 through Judy, I figure those "bonus" points were costing us roughly $11,850.00. Plus, we have an extra 2600pts every 2 years.

Sorry this is so long for a 1st post. I tried to condense it more, but it is what it is! I just want to again thank all of you for helping us avoid what could of been a huge mistake. TUG provides a tremendous service in allowing one to learn from all you seasoned veterans. I only hope I will someday be able to contribute something as well. THANKS AGAIN! :D

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
welcome to TUG, to the HGVC and I agree Judi is great. She will handle your sale well!!!

Congrats your going to love it.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't take marketing calls so when the receptionist said "Hilton" was on the line, I thought they were calling about some upcoming reservations I had. Turned out to he HGVC. I politely told him I wasn't interested. The guy pleaded for 5 minutes of my time and in a weaker moment I said you now have 4 min. 30 sec. Long story short, we ended up with a 6 nt. stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, rental car for a week, and 2 $100.00 vouchers for use on property all for 699.00.

We made the trip last month and figured on getting the T/S presentation out of the way on the 3rd day there. Again, long story short, we ended up committing to a 7000 pt. EOY package, $1126.00 maintaince, and 17000 bonus points for $18000.00 and some change. Luckily I called a cousin who had sold T/S's a number of years ago to see what he thought. The 1st words out of his mouth were "Why would you want to pay retail for something you can get wholesale?" He promised we could easily find the same thing for at least a 50% savings. The next morning we excerised our right of rescission.

After arriving home, I started researching timeshare resales and fotunately found you guys. What a stroke of luck. The knowledge here is incredible! I was concerned about finding a reputable agent and through searching posts, came up with Judi Kozlowski. She is awesome, just as you guys said.

I shared with Judi what we perceived as our needs / goals in finding a T/S were. In less than 24 hours she sent a number of listings for us to look at. Nothing hit our hot button. I e-mailed her back and said "In a perfect world we would like a 4800 pt annual platinum 1 bdrm. low maintaince." She said "Let me see what I can do. I think there may be one coming on the market."

Yesterday, she sent a listing of exactly what we were looking for. 4800 annual pts. 1 bdrm. with $515.00 maintaince fees for $6150.00! Needless to say, we jumped on it immeadiately. I shudder to think what almost happened while we were at the presentation in Hawaii last month. We ended up with 9600 pts. every 2 years vs. 7000 pts. (and 100.00 less in maintaince) At $18000.00 vs our $6150.00 through Judy, I figure those "bonus" points were costing us roughly $11,850.00. Plus, we have an extra 2600pts every 2 years.

Sorry this is so long for a 1st post. I tried to condense it more, but it is what it is! I just want to again thank all of you for helping us avoid what could of been a huge mistake. TUG provides a tremendous service in allowing one to learn from all you seasoned veterans. I only hope I will someday be able to contribute something as well. THANKS AGAIN! :D

Welcome to TUG and you did well. You could have done even better (another 30% price reduction from Judi's price) than this by buying via ebay (there are some reputable sellers on ebay also).

Many owners on TUG bought there first timeshare retail via the developers and have lived to tell the story and educate others. So, your mistake would not have been fatal (but costly). :clap:

Elsie Mae

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which HGVC property did you buy into? Just curious it is Hawaii or not.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
You'll find HGVC to be very user-friendly, their customer service is very helpful and the program to be very flexible. Ignore your unfortunate TS-sales experience, and you'll be a happy-camper.

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG and you did well. You could have done even better (another 30% price reduction from Judi's price) than this by buying via ebay (there are some reputable sellers on ebay also).

I realize I might of been able to save a little more. However, being my 1st trip to the fair, I was more concerned about dealing with a reputable agent. Also my maintaince fee per point (10.7 cents) is pretty low compared to most of the sales I've seen on e-bay. That's why we wanted the 4800 platinum 1 bdrm which is also not that common on e-bay. The little extra we paid was worth it for the peace of mind Judi gave us on this 1st purchase. Plus, it was still about 65% less than what we were originally going to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I realize I might of been able to save a little more. However, being my 1st trip to the fair, I was more concerned about dealing with a reputable agent.

Damn straight. We've seen too many issues with e-bay sales to recommend it to a newbe.
Besides, there's nothing wrong with playing it safe, whether its your 1st or 10th TS-purchase.

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I realize I might of been able to save a little more. However, being my 1st trip to the fair, I was more concerned about dealing with a reputable agent. Also my maintaince fee per point (10.7 cents) is pretty low compared to most of the sales I've seen on e-bay. That's why we wanted the 4800 platinum 1 bdrm which is also not that common on e-bay. The little extra we paid was worth it for the peace of mind Judi gave us on this 1st purchase. Plus, it was still about 65% less than what we were originally going to do.[/QUOTE]

Almost forgot the best part, we also get the 4800 pts. from 2009! I guess all we have to do is pay the rescue fee after we close. :D

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Thanks for sharing your story. I love happy endings :)

Good luck with your purchase and Welcome to TUG :hi:

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
thats is a great deal especially with 2009 points included in the purchase price. So subtract about 750.00 from the purchase price. Now it is looking even better.

Free points are so nice!!!