• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent Hilton Buy Backs

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seth Nock:
HGVC Las Vegas Hilton 7000 points bought back for $11,000.
HGVC Las Vegas Hilton 7000 points waived @ $10,650

What I find fascinating is that they are excercising ROFR and buying back units at LV Hilton. I own there, and even prefer staying there for a number of reasons, but given the inventory they have at the strip property just a mile from this, and how much more posh and larger strip is I wouldn't have thought they'd be interested in the LV Hilton property.

Aside from denying someone who recently toured the property, I suppose they have reason to maintain a certain amount of inventory in their developed resorts at this time.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Thanks for the update Seth. I was hoping you would post some recent waiver and bought back price points.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
.... Seth also once noted that sometimes, they'll deliberately kill a deal involving someone who recently toured.

That makes no sense and certainly doesn't help HGVC a bit. If anything HGVC would simply be paying more than they should for a "revenge" buyback. The buyer will simply keep trying and adjust his future offers if need be. After discovering the savings on the resale market, the buyer surely won't go running back to buy from Hilton.

IMO

toontoy

Reaction score
One thing that they may be trying to do is raise the values of the timeshares. In my opnion hilton needs to increase the resale value and build in new areas. Disney has done a great job of protecting the value and also resale vs direct are very close. Its better with promotions to buy direct from Disney, but Hilton doesnt really do this and it seems that HGVC is a sour spot for Hilton. They should devlop the properties alongside many of their hotels, similar to what is done in Hawaii. This would be a great low risk expansion.

Socko33

Reaction score
I was doing some searching...it seems as though Hyatt also has ROFR and their prices always seem to be really high?

Are we going to see HGVC get that expensive? Does Hyatt have much nicer properties?

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
A lot of ROFR resorts buy back a week if there inventory for that week is low and they have pontential buyers line up on waiting list for that week, I shadow my resort board and they will take an order for a week they dont have and waite till some one try to sell that week , they them call there waite list buyer,s and and if its ago with anyone they use there ROFR, buy it and resell it at there mark up
resort know how to make money, they know what they are doing, they are not giving anything away

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So then, the only way he can adjust his offers to get passed at ROFR would be up, correct? In that case, ROFR would increase resale pricing.

Without reigniting that argumant, I am pro ROFR but absolutely do see the points of each side. I simply do not understand why a company would buy back a unit, and potentially pay more than they would normally, simply because someone took a tour. Revenge - I guess. :shrug:

Socko33

Reaction score
Las Vegas Hilton

Does anyone have the latest prices for a 7,000pt Las Vegas Hilton being bought back via ROFR?

THANKS!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Does anyone have the latest prices for a 7,000pt Las Vegas Hilton being bought back via ROFR?

THANKS!
Originally Posted by Seth Nock:
HGVC Las Vegas Hilton 7000 points bought back for $11,000.
HGVC Las Vegas Hilton 7000 points waived @ $10,650
Unless you talk to someone like Seth, I think this is the best info we have.

eugeneleemd

Reaction score
just had a kalia 6200 eoy bought back for 5725. won an ebay annual 7000 hilton LV for 9300 just now, so wish me luck this time

bradleym2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaii ROFR

Does anyone know what Hilton is buying back in Hawaii? Gold, Platinum, No. of points, etc.?

I don't want to be wasting time on eBay for "bargins" that will just be taken back by Hilton.

Thanks.

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Abound Chairman (SMV; SDO; SBP; Lakeside Terrace, Willow Ridge). HGVC, Worldmark. RCI points

gdeyton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does HGVC have ROFR for affiliates like Charter Club or Eagles Nest? If so, is there any information about buy backs at Florida affiliates?

Last edited:

SCMom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently pass ROFR for Sea World

Hi Everyone,

We recently passed ROFR for HGVC Sea World. It is a 5000 point package and we paid $3,300 for it on Ebay. I am guessing that Hilton is not exercising ROFR right now because of the economy. When I first started researching HGVC resales in June Hilton was still exercising ROFR and I never could have gotten that deal. I doubt they are selling much in this economy, so why purchase inventory back if you can't sell it?

Emily:)

namuh

Reaction score
I have seen some pretty low prices on Ebay recently. I wonder if they are buying back any of the premium weeks.

annenp

Reaction score
Hilton does not need to sell commercial paper to sell their units. They hold their notes. Therefore they can still sell and finance. Their sales are not down anywheres near as much as other developers.

Hilton, as well as most of the developers using right of first refusal, most definitely has on their computers who recently toured, if they agreed to buy and canceled. Although they may exercise on any of the units, if they have 2 buyers, same price, same unit, they are more likely to exercise right of first refusal on the unit that is from someone who just canceled a deal with them.

thanks for the infor Seth.... what's an 8400 pt platinium seaworld go currently resale??

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does HGVC have ROFR for affiliates like Charter Club or Eagles Nest? If so, is there any information about buy backs at Florida affiliates?

Chater Club has no ROFR.
I'm not sure about buy backs, but they had some units that they auctioning off to owners.

Negociant

TUG Member
Reaction score
SCMom and Smokyhill:
Can you post the MFs you pay on your respective units? Its the age-old question, buy 5000 gold cheaper and pay higher MFs or 4800 platinum and lower MFs. But I see that there is a $2,850 difference between what you two paid ($6150 for 1BR Plat and $3330 for 2BR Gold). So it would be interesting to compare the delta in the MF to see how many years it takes to make up the difference. I bet its 10 years, no?

Purseval

Reaction score
We recently bought a 5000 point Gold 2br even year at I-Drive Orlando usage for $2500 and it got approved by Hilton last week.

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
SCMom and Smokyhill:
Can you post the MFs you pay on your respective units? Its the age-old question, buy 5000 gold cheaper and pay higher MFs or 4800 platinum and lower MFs. But I see that there is a $2,850 difference between what you two paid ($6150 for 1BR Plat and $3330 for 2BR Gold). So it would be interesting to compare the delta in the MF to see how many years it takes to make up the difference. I bet its 10 years, no?

Current fees are $513.00
Will post 2010 fees as soon as I get them

jsb15

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can buy 2BR gold week for $0.50 a point and a 2BR platinum week is $1.50/point, then you are paying 40% more maintenance for the same points. Assuming the value of the weeks stays constant and the average MF is $1100 over the next 5-7 years, then you are better with the platinum weeks as long as interest rates are below 6-7%. As interest rates go up, the extra money sitting with HGVC to get platinum points and lower MF starts being worth more than the MF savings. Someone with skills in linear progression could probably write a nice formula.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What about gold weeks are sold for $0.7/point and 2BR platinum are sold for $1.00/point? How long does it take to make up the initial purchase price difference between gold week 2BR & platinum week 2BR?

Last edited: