• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Spanish resort?

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
The three bed units I believe are mainly sea views. As for weather, difficult to tell. for decades it could be 60's - 70's with sun/fog in the day, dipping into the 40's and 50's at night. Last year were rain and floods, and the year before had snow. But in the main, it should be nice for touring. Great deal btw.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked the week - $582 - what a deal! And got flights booked with mileage! Now let's just hope it doesn't rain there the whole week. Excited...Paris in June and Marbella in November!

Confirmed To:
Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort • MMB
Unit: THVI (3 bedrooms)

Wonder what THVI stand for?

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
contacting rooms controller at Marbella

We are also excited to go to Marbella next month but would like to contact the rooms controller and put in a request. We have a 2 bedroom. How do I contact the rooms controller and which rooms should I request?

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
We are also excited to go to Marbella next month but would like to contact the rooms controller and put in a request. We have a 2 bedroom. How do I contact the rooms controller and which rooms should I request?

In our experience, normally we get an email a week or two out asking for any requests, do we want to book excursions, messages etc.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score

As Dave said you should get an email 2 weeks before you check in asking you to fill in a request form. Even when we were there in Jan using an A/C we got an email.

We will be there in November staying with friends who are on an exchange.

Mahou

Reaction score
Trading Power of the Spanish Resorts

I own Gold and Gold Holiday weeks at Marbella and Playa Andaluza. We normally use a couple of weeks at the resorts and then trade a few weeks for the US resorts. The trading power is high, especially if you request a year ahead.

Our weeks get Platinum weeks in all the locations we have wanted to visit, including Hawaii at Christmas.

I have not tried for the US ski resorts for the Christmas/New Year season. But hope to in the coming years

davidn247

TUG Member
Reaction score

Marbella follows a strict policy re:assignment of villas. Note however that 3BR always have great location/view because of how it was constructed. Regarding 2BR, you should simply call the resort (or room controller) and ask for a building number to be added to you reservation.

For your info: building 10, 20, 30, 40 or 41 are the best located. I hope this help

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marbella room request

Marbella follows a strict policy re:assignment of villas. Note however that 3BR always have great location/view because of how it was constructed. Regarding 2BR, you should simply call the resort (or room controller) and ask for a building number to be added to you reservation.

For your info: building 10, 20, 30, 40 or 41 are the best located. I hope this help

Thanks for the information. Do you have the email address or phone contact for the rooms controller at Marbella. From all accounts, they will contact me by email in advance of my stay so do I just rely on the form completion?
Margie

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Do you have the email address or phone contact for the rooms controller at Marbella. From all accounts, they will contact me by email in advance of my stay so do I just rely on the form completion?
Margie

Try guestmarbella@vacationclub.com

This is the email address that pre-arrival eMail came from back in January for an Interval A/C week. This had the FAQs and directions files attached.

Also try Raquel.Lozano@vacationclub.com -Raquel is one of the reservations staff at the resort.