• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any way to get the newsletter

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I have called and even done a chat with Marriott to find out why I never get the newsletter.
Every time, they say they will add me to the list and send me the current one.

And nothing. (And Yes I have check to make sure Junk Mail filter is not stopping it).

Can someone let me know the next time the newsletter comes out, so I can try again.

Thanks.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
You could try a TUG private message or email to TUGger MVCI Customer Advocate - that's a direct connection to the Customer Advocacy office and some of us have had good dealings about other things with that office. Not sure how successful it is for this particular issue because some TUGgers are still having a devil of a time trying to get on the mailing list, but it might be an option you haven't tried yet? Good luck.

Looking over my email account it appears that the Insider newsletters go out sometime around the 11th of every month, with a few extra added in around the 27th or 28th. (There weren't any emails during the last week of August.) Some TUGgers are faithfully reporting when each new edition comes out so if the next one follows the pattern I'm sure you'll see a reference here next week.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank You!!!!!!

I just changed the month and dropped everything after index.html and now can read past issues too (June)
Now I know where to read September

Wow, that's genius thinking! Good on you. :)

I would still suggest that you watch the board around the 11th of every month for a couple of reasons: the newsletters are tailored to Standard, Plat and Plat Premier Status, and, a couple of the website versions have not included all of the links/offers/info that are contained in the individual email versions.

Also, keep fighting the good fight to get on that mailing list. I think it's ridiculous that Marriott is having such a problem with this, especially when folks are calling repeatedly and STILL don't get on the list.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are we talking the regular Marriott newsletter or a specific MVCI one? I get the former, but I only get one like the latter about once a year. Is that right?

Dave, we're talking about the Marriott Vacation Club Insider newsletter related to the DC that's been issued at least once a month since its inception.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Wow, that's genius thinking! Good on you. :)

I would still suggest that you watch the board around the 11th of every month for a couple of reasons: the newsletters are tailored to Standard, Plat and Plat Premier Status, and, a couple of the website versions have not included all of the links/offers/info that are contained in the individual email versions.

Also, keep fighting the good fight to get on that mailing list. I think it's ridiculous that Marriott is having such a problem with this, especially when folks are calling repeatedly and STILL don't get on the list.

Sorry, I didn't realize us lowly standard members do not get the same newsletter as premier members . LOL :D

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, I didn't realize us lowly standard members do not get the same newsletter as premier members . LOL :D

Oh boy, I sure didn't mean to say anything like that. :(

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I was just kidding! no offense taken.
Like the commercial says, "Membership has it's privileges" ;)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you have more than one e-mail address, have you tried changing your e-mail address on my-vacationclub.com? Something to try. Perhaps it just needs a shot in the arm.

My wife was signed up for Ulta's (a retail store) loyalty program. She never got any of the catalogs or coupons in the mail (snail). She asked several times and they said everything was okay, to check with USPS. Well since that is a lost cause and I doubt they are the problem, she signed up under her maiden name using the same address. Low and behold she now gets all the mailings to her maiden name.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only one e-mail

Only one e-mail address, and I get all the other mail (notifications about MF, elections, enrollment etc...)

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, this is very helpful.
What a shame that Marriott themselves could not have provided such a simple solution to this request