• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deeded Week - What fees all involved to purchase?

Lovemykids97

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have been a member for a little more than a month and have learned so much. Thank you to everyone!

My wife and live in the Phoenix area and are considering making an offer for a deeded week (private sale) at Newport Coast Villas for week 26 so we can guarantee the 4th of July week every year. She is a teacher to this would be a guarantee to a room there, within driving distance, every year. It costs more, for sure, but the guarantee would likely be worth it for us. If we don't use it, we think we could rent it out fairly easily and if nothing else, join II for a year and try to exchange for somewhere like Maui, St Kitts etc (if it would work to do that). The 2nd bedroom would allow friends or some family to join us each year if they could make it work out also.

Before we make a plunge and make an offer, we have some questions:

- What closing/transfer fees are all out there that we should know about?

- Is it merely the title review/search for liens and a transfer fee at Marriott?

- What are we missing?

- Is it reasonable to ask sellers to pay all buyers fees, including an advance payment of an estimate of the maintenance fees billed in December, 2016, due in January, 2017?

- If not reasonable to ask for all fees and the advance estimate of maintenance fees, what could we ask for and what would be left for us?

Thank you very much for all your knowledge. This would be our first ownership week and we are nervous/excited.

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Sheraton, Westin
Welcome tu Tug!

Newport Coast Villas is a wonderful resort, we were just there in May. We own a good week, but I'd imagine the 4th of July a week is a prime week. Just something to consider if that's your target week to travel.

I highly recommend Mary and LT Transfers to handle the transfer. I believe it was DeniseM referred me to them a few years ago and they've handled a half dozen or so transfers for us.

I doubt they'd be willing to pay the maintenance fee, but t doesn't hurt to ask.

Best of luck!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
- Is it reasonable to ask sellers to pay all buyers fees, including an advance payment of an estimate of the maintenance fees billed in December, 2016, due in January, 2017?

You find this more with low value timeshares that the owner is trying to dump, so they sweeten the pot to make it more attractive.

It is less likely with a NCV 4th of July week which has significant resale value.

You can "ask" for anything, but a low-ball offer may end the conversation quickly. You may be perceived as someone who is just a tire kicker, or a rookie, so it's more effective to make a competitive offer.

Last edited: