• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Original TUGGers bid farewell!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
This email received today was too nice not to share with the rest of you

To all the original Tuggers,

I was there in 1995 when Timeshare business was all about lifetime maintenance
fees and no other options were considered. TUG was the only resource that was
interested in helping the poor owner. Now 20 plus years later TUG remains the only
credible voice that can speak up about all the scam artists still in the business.

At one time we owned 7 timeshares and were in constant conflict with Pahio, Wyndham
over promises,illegal documentation, and changing the contracts to suit their needs.

As of 12:15 PM today July 29th 2015 we have successfully disposed of all our properties.
Not all of them without some fees, but no resort charges, and no paying some one to "list".
No more 2 hr presentations to "upgrade". No more "crap"

Thanks TUG, for all your help...We are now in our 80's and have no desire to travel the world.
We will just go and visit family. And we will "unsubscribe"

Sad to see a member go, but this still brought a smile to my face!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

^5! that's all I really wanted to say but the text was to short :)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
A job very well done, Brian. Take a moment out of your busy day and send a word of thanks to your Dad. You've both done some very good work with Tug. :)

Dave

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering who they were, cause I was, like TUG Member number two or so...ask your dad, Brian.

Fern

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I would like to know who, I've been off and on since email days of tug!
Silentg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ill ask them if they would care to share their names in the post.

taffy19

Reaction score

Congratulations to you and your Dad who started TUG up with a few other members, I believe.

I am also from the Prodigy days in the very beginning but most likely under a different user name. I don't remember any more but I left a few years and found you back again after we had bought a few more timeshares plus the one in Mexico. :bawl:

Most people will search the Internet right away after they have bought a timeshare here or abroad so can read the warnings and advice by others that were in the same boat.

So many members share their knowledge too how to take advantage of the different timeshare programs that are here today plus how to save money by buying the same timeshare condo on the open market but to watch out for the pitfalls that can happen, etc.

This is a friendly board with a very caring community when someone needs a shoulder to lean on when times are tough and it may even be for the loss of a pet or for very serious personal hardships or illness. Someone will always respond kindly and may offer some good advice. Thank you so much.

What a pity that this couple wants to leave the forum but they can always come back since it is an open forum. I hope they do.

A job very well done, Brian. Take a moment out of your busy day and send a word of thanks to your Dad. You've both done some very good work with Tug. :)

Dave
So true after all these years and does he still read the Board?

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering who they were, cause I was, like TUG Member number two or so...ask your dad, Brian.

Fern

I "know" you Fern!!! You were the first blog/bulletin board I joined and read back when you first started. We got our first timeshare in 1980, and I have been following you throughout the years until you landed here. We haven't met yet in person, but someday I hope we will meet.

I also wonder who this departing member is. Plus, s/he can still hang around even though they do not own timeshares any longer. Words of wisdom from the wise... always appreciated.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
they were perfectly ok with sharing their names, here is the reply:

Bradley L. Curtis and Elizabeth H Curtis originally from Moraga, California, then Roseville CA now Oro Valley Arizona. Most of our properties were with Pahio on the island of Kauai. And yes we shared lots of information and it was most heartening to see literally hundreds of people escape the fine print and empty promises given
by the developers

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What was their user name?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
bcurtis35 was the username

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't remember them, but wish them well in their home in Arizona!

Fern

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sad to see a TUGGER go, but understand their reasons. Best of luck to them they will be missed.

Suzanne

mikeyoung

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are back to being tug members after a stint of snowbirding, I believe we were first members in 1996 or so. We bought, then after we couldn't find right trades, several Florida timeshares. We sold all of them via tug market place, even on to a fellow in England. What would we do without tug?

Mike

avad88

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Retirement

I admire them for knowing when and how to call it quits!
Happy Timeshare Retirement to bCurtis 35! :)

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I really honestly truly do not mean this to be negative, but what's the big deal here? They owned for 20 years and their circumstances changed and they sold. Nothing wrong with that, but it is not unique. Happens frequently.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
A heartwarming testament to the TUG community and to you, Brian.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really honestly truly do not mean this to be negative, but what's the big deal here? They owned for 20 years and their circumstances changed and they sold. Nothing wrong with that, but it is not unique. Happens frequently.

trying to figure out how you meant it to be positive?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Why does it have to be a big deal? If we only allowed "big deals" to be posted on TUG, there would be about 10 posts per day. :rolleyes:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

I think it is a big deal… These folks totally felt that Tug was a great place for them for over 20 years…. How cool that they wrote this note….I loved it

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing you many happy trails to you in the future.

MLR

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a nice gesture of thanks :0)

I know we joined TUG to figure out how to get rid of our timeshare and instead, have learned how to use it to our best advantage - even when we are unable to get back to our home resort. I would never have figured any of it out had it not been for TUG and I wish I could remember the Tugger who answered so many of my questions!! I think it was Denise.

A BIG GIANT THANK YOU TO ALL THE FOLKS HERE WHO OFFER HELP AND SUGGESTIONS TO ALL THE NEWBIES. Such patience!!

So, whether it has been just a few days, a few months or many years - I know there are many grateful Tuggers on these forums and I just thought it was kind of sweet for them to say "Mahalo" in such a sweet way.

We are heading back to The Big Island for the 4th time early next year. We are happy Timeshare Owners now and what is even better is that we now KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF OUR TIMESHARE when that day comes - thanks to TUG!!

:cheer:

taffy19

Reaction score
I know we joined TUG to figure out how to get rid of our timeshare and instead, have learned how to use it to our best advantage - even when we are unable to get back to our home resort. I would never have figured any of it out had it not been for TUG and I wish I could remember the Tugger who answered so many of my questions!! I think it was Denise.

A BIG GIANT THANK YOU TO ALL THE FOLKS HERE WHO OFFER HELP AND SUGGESTIONS TO ALL THE NEWBIES. Such patience!!

So, whether it has been just a few days, a few months or many years - I know there are many grateful Tuggers on these forums and I just thought it was kind of sweet for them to say "Mahalo" in such a sweet way.

We are heading back to The Big Island for the 4th time early next year. We are happy Timeshare Owners now and what is even better is that we now KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF OUR TIMESHARE when that day comes - thanks to TUG!!

:cheer:
I agree and TUGBrian posted the compliment for us to read which was also a nice gesture.

People come and go and this couple may be too busy to read a forum that they have no interest in the subject any longer but they saved newbies by warning them to read the fine print of the contract within the time limit. You only have one chance to rescind in most cases but the developers hope that you are too busy enjoying your vacation and by the time you get home, the date of the legal right to rescind your contract has passed.

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Recall responding to a post by this Tugger over some closing? problems late 90's. Wish Curtis the best here in AZ. Ora Valley near Tucson is beautiful and not that far from Star Pass Resort. Maybe one last tour????

Harry