• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pueblo Bonito Changes

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's up with Pueblo Bonito and RCI?
I tried to do a search for a Pueblo week not currently available and they said they don't do Pueblo Bonito searches anymore.
I asked about the 2 searches I have had ongoing for the last 3 months and they said they were cancelled. I was online at the time and could tell they weren't cancelled.
Then 2 hours later, they showed up online as cancelled.
I then booked a tradewith a VC and they told me the new internal trade fee is $259
WHAT???
After some terse conversation they said that includes vacation insurance. They are apparently being told to include it in the price to get more people to take it.
The VC couldn't tell me why no searches.
Anyone have any info?
Thanks,
Al

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can search online for PB's in cabo and mazatlan without a problem. and I don't believe that RCI rep, speak with another

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far I have talked to 3 VC and they all say the same thing.
You can search online, or they can search for weeks.
What they won't do is an "ongoing search". Kind of like being camped on hold for a unit when it comes available.
I have a 3br and to get another 3br I normally have to do and ongoing search to get one.

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I then booked a trade with a VC and they told me the new internal trade fee is $259. WHAT???

Wow! That IS weird.

We have had a confirmed exchange into PB Sunset for Spring Break for over 9 months now. We've got airline tix and we're all set to go. I checked online and my confirmation is still in my RCI account this morning. We are PB owners, so I would be upset with both RCI & PBonito if they stopped honoring confirmed exchanges.

Have you tried calling the dedicated Pueblo Bonito owners phone line at RCI? Maybe they could give you more help/information as to what is going on. Their toll-free phone number is 1-888-909-4399.

Post back and let us know what happens. I remember talking to the PB desk awhile back, and hearing that they were trying to get PB resort preferences for PB owners after the last round of RCI changes to the Weeks program. I wonder if RCI and Pueblo Bonito have had some sort of falling out -- and possibly PB would be switching to Interval International (I.I.) for any future exchanges. THAT would be interesting. DVC has hopped around from RCI to I.I., and now back to RCI. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes between Pueblo Bonito and RCI?

-- Rene

Last edited:

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been dealing with the owners desk the whole time I dont think the regular desk will even talk to you if you own at PB.
My online searches and my confirmed vacations are fine, but apparently you can't do an ongoing search for PB any more.
If anyone finds out different, please let me know.
Thanks,
Al

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been started on ongoing search for Pueblo Bonito?
My freind, a non Pueblo Bonito owner gave me his account info and I proceeded to call RCI with his information. No problem starting an ongoing search.
I wonder if they are letting non owers do a search, but not owners? why would they do that?
Thanks,
Al

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I wonder if they are letting non owers do a search, but not owners? why would they do that?
I wonder if they are making a concerted effort to get non-owners to stay at the resort in order to get them to do a timeshare presentation?

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they are making a concerted effort to get non-owners to stay at the resort in order to get them to do a timeshare presentation?
that would be a good guess. Besides the 1 in 4 to keep exchangers who don't buy out, they are also taking a similar approach for owners by restricting ongoing requests, basically giving non-owners priority over new deposits over owners. Unless there is some PB preference period on new deposits that I don't know about.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Unless there is some PB preference period on new deposits that I don't know about.
I don't know if it's still in effect, but at one time they said owner deposits would be made available only for other owners up to 120 days prior to the check-in date. At that time they would become available to any exchanger.

However, developer deposits don't fall into that category and I would imagine that there are a lot of developer deposits at Sunset Beach in Cabo and Emerald Bay in Mazatlan since they are actively selling there. Those deposits might show up at any time, I'm guessing.

rpennisi

Reaction score
However, developer deposits don't fall into that category and I would imagine that there are a lot of developer deposits at Sunset Beach in Cabo and Emerald Bay in Mazatlan since they are actively selling there. Those deposits might show up at any time, I'm guessing.

You are correct, 79 units available on RCI for Sunset Beach in Cabo for February 2012, by far more units than any of the other resorts in Cabo for that month.