• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham / Trading Places International

jodivk

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently converted our Pahio Bali Hai to Wyndham points. During our presentation / conversion we were told that we can receive a two for one exchange if we book a week at a Wyndham Hawaii resort and bank it with Trading Places International. We were given an information packet detailing this benefit as being available to "Wyndham Hawaii Owners Only".

I haven't been able to verify this with Trading Places (they aren't returning my emails).

Is anyone familiar with this? I don't want to book the week and then find out Trading Places doesn't actually do this.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

TSDiva

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a pitch like this last week at Grand Desert. Very confusing and it was being pitched as a way to pay maintenance fees. As far as we could tell, the $699 that TPI was willing to give you for banking the points didn’t cover the maintenance fees. When we looked at the TPI website it didn’t look like there was much of an inventory to trade. The salesman also told us that all out Wyndham points could be traded for double at TPI. When I asked for this in writing, he said he was mistaken and the only the HI points would get the double bonus.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently converted our Pahio Bali Hai to Wyndham points. During our presentation / conversion we were told that we can receive a two for one exchange if we book a week at a Wyndham Hawaii resort and bank it with Trading Places International. We were given an information packet detailing this benefit as being available to "Wyndham Hawaii Owners Only".

I haven't been able to verify this with Trading Places (they aren't returning my emails).

Is anyone familiar with this? I don't want to book the week and then find out Trading Places doesn't actually do this.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

The Wyndham Hawaii resorts are part of TPI's Premier Access program (a developer partnership incentive). You can find some additional information at tradingplaces.com/pa It's not a straight up 2 for 1 benefit, but when you bank a Hawaii week with them, they do give you a bonus week. There are additional restrictions on the bonus week, such as, I believe it cannot be booked more than 45 days in advance.

In case you are not aware, there is a Trading Places forum within the Exchanging Forum here on TUG. There is a TPI rep who fields questions and has been tremendously helpful to a number of people.

jodivk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham / Trading Places

Thank you. I found the Trading Places forum.

I will look for the premier access on trading places - thank you for the input.