• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Gobs of RCI points expiring...

mrisch

Reaction score
Hi all - old member/user, but I've done little since I had kids. I used to be able to find uses for my weeks by either donating or using points for airfare. BUT, I puts some weeks into points, and now they have the low limit on points partners, so I'm stuck with 90,000 points expiring in June, and nowhere to go.

We're taking one trip, to Denver, but it appears that there are no resorts. R347 is the only listing in the directory in Denver proper, but doesn't show up on the exchange screen.

Any ideas on what I can do here? Am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Mike

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't speak to Denver proper, but I just looked at June in Colorado, and on RCI Points, I saw at least 8 resorts. Mostly in the mountains, because that's where the resorts are. Not in cities. You still have an abundance of points, as most that I looked at had a value of 30k more or less- and as that time gets closer, the price/value goes down.

Perhaps you should call an RCI Points VC and explain your predicament. They might come up with a way to use the points you have with a partner for hotel rooms or airfare which while a lousy use of your MF, it beats wasting them as they expire.

Jim

mrisch

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. 50 resorts show up - closest one is in Dillon, 70 miles from where we need to be.

I plan to call, but I'm also hoping for any creative solutions/things to ask/ideas from those more experienced with points than I am.

stanleyu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on what's going on in town, Denver can be an extremely hard place to find rooms. A few years back I was looking for any kind of hotel/motel/whatever, and ended up in a Best Western in Dillon.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have they already been saved and now they are expiring? If not for a fee you can save them for one year and extend the expiration date.

Call an RCI VC for details.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had 74000 points not expiring but in an account I dont intend to renew..I offered to give them away and got several responses from folks that would have paid me...They were gone inside of 10 minutes

There is a market for this stuff...there are still 3 months to use this stuff. I bet you could sell them

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Readers - a gentle reminder - please do not make offers in this thread. Private messages are your friend! ;)

lfb1951

Reaction score
I have close to 300,000 points which expire 5/30 12. Where did you list your points that you wnated to sell? I am very new to this, and don't seem to have much luck in exchanges. Please give me info. on what you did to sell your points. Thanks

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are advertising sections here on TUG, also ebay and craigs list and redweek come to mind.

And Denise I have reread all the posts on this thread,,I dont see even a single hint that any of the posters was making an offer to purchase of sell or rent anything...I did report on some trash I gave away. I was simply reminding the op that ones mans trash is another mans treasure

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know off hand if the points are expiring in June 2012, could they be used to reserve a week beyond June (e.g. September 2012) if the transaction occurred before the points expired?

Too many rules from too many different exchange companies. And when you finally master them, the companies change the rules. :mad:

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some ideas

Couple of thoughts - see if you can use them for a hotel in Denver or another place where you want/need to go;

Book a week at the Grandview in Las Vegas - surely one of your friends, or in laws or family members would like to go there - if not you. Air fare should be pretty cheap.

Check out places that you might donate points/weeks to - I think one or two tuggers were trying to obtain weeks for disabled vets or returning missionaries to use.

Anyone want to go to Cabo San Lucas? The Pueblo Bonito resorts are beautiful in Cabo and you should be able to snag a one bedroom. Best of luck. Funtime

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Does anyone know off hand if the points are expiring in June 2012, could they be used to reserve a week beyond June (e.g. September 2012) if the transaction occurred before the points expired?

Too many rules from too many different exchange companies. And when you finally master them, the companies change the rules. :mad:

I have 2011 points that expire in October 2012... I used some of them for a reservation in December 2012. I did this by phone and they saved the points without the $26 fee...even though I hadn't yet used any 2011 points during my 2011 use year.