• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Supplies To You See Stocked At SVO Properties?

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just reading a thread on the BBS from 2006 (LINK). And I did read through and print out the Timesharer's Exchange Checklist posted in the advice section.(LINK)

But I haven't found anything recent and specific to Starwood.
  • What's typically stocked in the units when you arrive?
  • Do you find it different between the Sheraton-branded properties and the Westin-branded properties?
  • What things do you think they should supply but don't?
Hoping some of you can share your experiences.

Thanks

Last edited:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
But I haven't found anything recent and specific to Starwood.
  • What's typically stocked in the units when you arrive?
  • Do you find it different between the Sheraton-branded properties and the Westin-branded properties?
  • What things do you think they should supply but don't?

Sheraton and Westin properties have basically the same things: Initial amounts of coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper, shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, dish soap, toilet paper, kleenex, laundry detergent, paper towels, dish sponge.

Shampoo/conditioner/bath soap/TP/kleenex (if needed) are replenished midweek. The rest aren't.

Rum (eastern properties) or tequila (western properties) would be nice...

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
MSC is down now, but this information can usually be found on the individual resort listings on that website.

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
MSC is down now, but this information can usually be found on the individual resort listings on that website.

Thanks, LisaRex!! I should have thought of that!! :doh:

Still curious to hear what other people WISH was part of the basic stocking of the units, and if they see much different between the two brands...

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if they sent a questionaire or menus to incoming guests a couple weeks in advance of arrival as to dining and libation preferences so that the villa could be stocked with all the groceries- or pre-prepared foods and drinks prior to your arrival.

Whose vacation do they think it is, ANYWAY!

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if they sent a questionaire or menus to incoming guests a couple weeks in advance of arrival as to dining and libation preferences so that the villa could be stocked with all the groceries- or pre-prepared foods and drinks prior to your arrival.

Whose vacation do they think it is, ANYWAY!

That'd be a GREAT service. I'd pay to have it stocked when I arrived. Gotta be a business opportunity in this (or is there a company that already does this)?

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
That'd be a GREAT service. I'd pay to have it stocked when I arrived. Gotta be a business opportunity in this (or is there a company that already does this)?

You can get villa pre-stocking at some locations. For example at SVV:

"If you'd like to have your villa pre-stocked with groceries and laundry products, simply order online or by phone at (407) 238-5101."​
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/features/index.html?propertyID=5607

Also WKV:

Grocery Services

Allow us to anticipate your grocery needs from the very first day of your vacation. Simply call the McDowell Market & Grill at 480.624.1721 to place your order at least 72 hours prior to your arrival. For a nominal fee, we will accommodate your villa in advance with all of your favorite treats, beverages, sandwiches, breakfast foods and fare for the grill.​
http://www.starwoodvacationnetwork..../?IM=SVOREDIRECT_201302_SVN_WKV_ANNOUNCEMENTS

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella

Finding the Inventory list is unfortunately not very intuitive. Go to "Our Resorts" and select a resort. Click on "Villas." Open up a villa type (e.g. 2 bdrm lockoff) and it has a .pdf file of the villa inventory. Or at least it does for WKORV. :)

https://www.mystarcentral.com/resorts/villa.jsp?propertyId=25&villaId=69

Here is WKORV-N's inventory list. First number is what's included on the 1 bdrm side, and the second number is what's included in the studio side.

Amenity tray (per vanity) 1 1
Blender 1 1
Bowls 6 4
Broom 1 1
Can opener 1 1
Casserole with lid, Corningware 1 1
Chef knife set 1 1
Clock radio (per bedroom) 1 1
Cloth napkins 6 4
Cloth placemats 6 4
Coffee maker 1 1
Coffee mugs 6 4
Colander 1 1
Cookie sheet 1 1
Corkscrew 1 1
Creamer 1 1
Cutlery tray 1 1
Cutting board 1 1
Dinner forks 6 4
Dinner knives 6 4
Dinner plates 6 4
Dust pan 1 1
Fork, two-tine 1 1
Fry pan 1 1
Glasses, 10 oz. 6 4
Glasses, 12 oz. 6 4
Hairdryer (per vanity) 1 1
Iron 1 1
Ironing board 1 1
Juicer, hand 1 1
Kitchen towel 2 2
Ladle 1 1
Luggage rack
(per bedroom w/bench) 1 1
Luggage rack (per bedroom) 2 2
Measuring cup 1 1
Measuring spoons 1 1
Mixing bowls 1 1
Open roaster, corningware 1 1
Paper towel holder 1 1
Pepper shaker 1 1
Pitcher 1 1
Plastic glasses, 15 oz. 6 4
Platter 1 1
Potato masher 1 1
Pot holder 2 2
Pots and pans with lids, set 1 1
Salad bowl 1 1
Salad forks 6 4
Salad plates 6 4
Salt shaker 1 1
Scissor tossers 1 1
Serving bowl 1 1
Serving forks 1 1
Serving spoons 2 2
Small bowls 6 4
Soap dish (per vanity) 1 1
Soup spoons 6 4
Spatula 1 1
Spoon, basting 1 1
Spoon, slotted 1 1
Sugar bowl 1 1
Teakettle 1 1
Teapot 1 1
Teaspoons 12 8
Tissue cover (per vanity) 1 1
Toaster 1 1
Vacuum 1 1
Vegetable peeler 1 1
Wastebasket (bathroom) 1 1
Wastebasket (kitchen) 1 1
Wine glasses, 9 oz. 6 4
Wood pant hangers (per closet) 6 6
Wood skirt hangers (per closet) 4 4

ETA: Oops, I see where we're talking two different things. I'll leave the inventory list just for reference. If I have time I'll see if I can dig around and find out what's provided in terms of laundry detergent, etc. It may be on the confirmation email...

Last edited:

Pmuppet

TUG Member
Reaction score

Still curious to hear what other people WISH was part of the basic stocking of the units, and if they see much different between the two brands...

We always bring spices as they are easy to pack and can be expensive to buy. Another thing e always bring is some kitchen knives. Cause the cheapo $10 target block knives they have are horrible (once you start using quality knives it is tough to go back). Just be sure to check them at the airport.

Besides that, I found the kitchens pretty well stocked.

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is WKORV-N's inventory list.
I received all 4 of my timeshares here in the Bargain Deals forum, so I'm still very new to all of this. And this trip to Hawaii in December will be my first timeshare experience (WKORV, WPV and MKO). So, thank you very much for posting this and for directing me to the teeny tiny link at the bottom of those pages to see the inventory lists.

Here are some things that are not on the list for WKORV. Do they provide any of these:
  • Bath/hand towels and washcloths?
  • Beach/pool towels?
  • Paper towels?
  • Toilet paper?
  • Tissues?
  • Bar Soap?
  • Laundry detergent?
  • Dishwasher detergent?
  • Dish soap?
  • Napkins?
  • Shampoo, conditioner, etc. (Is this what's on the amenity tray?)
  • Coffee filters?

When people bring/stock supplies, don't they sometimes leave the unused behind rather than packing them to take home? I know if I had a half used pack of napkins, for example, I'd leave it behind.

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions (and don't say there's no such thing because I hear some pretty stupid ones day in and day out :wall:). But the more I can prepare ahead of time the better.

Thanks

David

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some things that are not on the list for WKORV. Do they provide any of these:
  • Bath/hand towels and washcloths? Yes
  • Beach/pool towels? Not in the room - typically available poolside
  • Paper towels? Yes
  • Toilet paper? Yes
  • Tissues? Yes
  • Bar Soap? Yes
  • Laundry detergent? Yes but typically a one use size
  • Dishwasher detergent? Yes, but typically a 1-2 use size
  • Dish soap? Yes (tiny size bottle)
  • Napkins? Cloth
  • Shampoo, conditioner, etc. (Is this what's on the amenity tray?) Yes
  • Coffee filters? No, however, you will get one regular and one decaf coffee pack that does not require a filter

When people bring/stock supplies, don't they sometimes leave the unused behind rather than packing them to take home? I know if I had a half used pack of napkins, for example, I'd leave it behind.

The villa will be cleaned before your arrival and anything left behind will be removed

Last edited:

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
During my most recent stays and Vistana's Beach Club and Sheraton Vistana Resort there was no shampoo, no conditioner and no body lotion.

We just returned from Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and there was shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grocery Pre-Stock

I would suggest actually calling the property to confirm the procedure for grocery pre-stock.

We just stayed and Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, ordered grocery pre-stock by following the instructions to print the order form .pdf, fill it out and email it to the email listed. When we arrived, they knew nothing of the pre-order. For that property they have a new online order form that processes directly with the market. The procedure had changed, but the instructions for the new process has not caught up with MyStarCentral.com as of 3/10/13.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always laugh when there are salt and pepper shakers that are empty. I buy the dollar store ones and bring them along. I also bring coffee filters, spices and ziploc bags.

Eagle7304

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always laugh when there are salt and pepper shakers that are empty. I buy the dollar store ones and bring them along. I also bring coffee filters, spices and ziploc bags.

We also throw in two sharp knives. They do have knives at in a block but they are not good for cutting meat. And some aluminum foil. We like to do shish kabobs, so we also bring some bamboo skewers. This time we brought a tool that cuts pineapple and cut three Maui gold pineapples for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So sweet!!!