Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > General Discussion > TUG Lounge

TUG Lounge The place for all discussions that don't fit into the other defined forum areas. Posts discussing politics, religion, and controversial social issues that are not directly related to timesharing are not permitted.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old November 12, 2010, 11:32 PM   #126
mas

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: MAR BeachPlace; Cypress Harbour; Ocean Watch; Kona Coast II
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
Just found this thread. I'm going too.
Welcome aboard!
Old November 13, 2010, 09:31 AM   #127
chriskre

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 14, 06

Resorts: Enchanted Isle, DVC, RCI Pts, Wyndham Pts, HGVC, CMV UDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas View Post
Welcome aboard!
Thanks. Very excited to be going with ya'll.
chriskre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2011, 09:44 PM   #128
grlen

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 7, 11
LOVED our Celeb cruise on the Eclipse to the Baltics in June. Looking at doing Canada/NE fall '11 and Western Med (itinerary that Tuggers had on NCL) in spring '12 on Celebrity.
grlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2011, 07:03 PM   #129
Pat H

TUG Member

Resorts: Cape Cod, Mayan Palace, Dikhololo, Brigantine, Costa Rica
Just read some interesting info on FT.

AA - Qantas will no longer fly SFO-SYD. The flights will be from Dallas instead.
Change begins in May.

UA - UA is starting Houston to Auckland flights but I couldn't figure out if they will be UA or CO flights or when they will start.

Anyone planning on trying for FF tickets? If so, which airlines and dates? Maybe we can coordinate so we don't compete against each other.
Old January 19, 2011, 06:39 PM   #130
LynnW
TUG Member

Resorts: Meadow Lake Golf & Ski Resort, Mayan Palace, Grand Destinations
Is anyone planning on staying in Australia after the cruise? I have a week on hold with SFX for check in on Feb 4 at Pacific Palms which is north of Sydney. It looks like it might be a good location for doing some touring. I was thinking of doing this and then spending 2 or 3 nights in Sydney before flying home. Do any of our friends from Australia know anything about the resort? It gets mixed reviews but more good than bad.

Lynn
LynnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2011, 07:22 PM   #131
Pat H

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnW View Post
Is anyone planning on staying in Australia after the cruise? I have a week on hold with SFX for check in on Feb 4 at Pacific Palms which is north of Sydney. It looks like it might be a good location for doing some touring. I was thinking of doing this and then spending 2 or 3 nights in Sydney before flying home. Do any of our friends from Australia know anything about the resort? It gets mixed reviews but more good than bad.

Lynn
We plan to spend 2-3 days in Sydney after the cruise.
Old January 19, 2011, 08:42 PM   #132
chubby

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 26, 05
hi Lynn

To give you an idear of the resort of Pacfic Palms the web site is
http://www.clasicholidayclub.com.au/property/24
chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2011, 11:42 PM   #133
LynnW
TUG Member

Thanks chubby

I did check out their website and it looks okay but I was wondering if anyone has stayed there. It is so far to go that I thought a timeshare week plus 2 or 3 nights in Sydney would be great.

Lynn
Old February 6, 2011, 08:08 PM   #134
flexible

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 20, 08

Resorts: El Cid, Mayan, VacationInternationale, Velas Vallarta, RCI Weeks & Points
Quote:
Thanks chubby

I did check out their website and it looks okay but I was wondering if anyone has stayed there. It is so far to go that I thought a timeshare week plus 2 or 3 nights in Sydney would be great.

Lynn
Lynn,
Great meeting you and your husband tonight. We are considering the NZ->Sydney cruise because we plan to be in Asia/Australia next season. I'll check the Yahoo site and email Sandy. Thanks.

Last edited by flexible; February 6, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
flexible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2011, 05:26 PM   #135
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

Resorts: Wyndham VIP Platinum, HGVC Elite, Tradewinds(TW), +++
Quote:

Lynn
I also booked a week near Melbourne via DAE. I had a week that was going to expire, so it was a book it or lose it. So I figured someone might use it, even if I don't.

With DAE you have to book it before it expires, not travel. So book something I did.

Not sure of my schedule by then, so I may not be able to use it.
Sandy VDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2011, 10:17 AM   #136
GrayFal

TUG Member

Resorts: Marriott;BlueGreen;CMV-UDI Morritt's Seaside;WYN Pts BlueBeard's BeachClub
Question

I really am getting into the cruise mode as I was able to successfully book my FF tickets to Auckland

My cabin mate Maria and I are booked in Sydney for a few days after the cruise - any suggestions for a good location/hotel in Auckland???

The Westin looks very nice but is almost double the cost of other hotels - so not sure if it is worth the costs....really using it to shower/sleep not for the hotel amenities.
Location/ease of getting around to tour is what I am interested in....does anyone know if the cruise company suggests certain hotels?

I am arriving on Friday 1/20 around noon but other friends seem to be coming Saturday 1/21 early morning....
Old March 5, 2011, 10:46 AM   #137
LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member

Pat,

I will ask my dear friends who live in Auckland on a BOAT! I will spend a couple of days on their boat
LisaH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2011, 06:12 PM   #138
LynnW
TUG Member

Pat

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment at Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel for 3 nights before the cruise and the total cost is $597.00 NZD. It is rated #2 on tripadvisor. I booked directly on their website and I have since found out from someone who used to live in New Zealand that their other property Stadium Waldorf is also very nice and a little closer to the city centre. I may check that out as well. We are probably going to use FF miles to fly to LAX and book a flight out of there as it is cheaper than flying out of Calgary.

Lynn
Old March 20, 2011, 01:41 PM   #139
Pat H

TUG Member

With all the time changes, etc, how do I figure out how many hours it's really taking to get from here to there? Leave the East coast at 10:00 AM on 1/19and arrive in Auckland on 1/21 at 8:30 PM. How do folks on medication figure out when to take their meds?

I was able to get FF seats on UA but we have to connect in SYD on the way over which adds several hours to the trip. On the way back it's so much easier.

How many days pre/post cruise are others staying? We are arriving late on the 21st in AKL and leaving mid-afternoon on 2/6 from SYD. Wondering if I should add another day on either/both ends?
Old May 18, 2011, 09:35 PM   #140
Pat H

TUG Member

Need a Roommate

My roommates have had to cancel. In order for me to still go on the cruise, I need someone to share my cabin. Anyone interested?
Old May 21, 2011, 06:51 PM   #141
LynnW
TUG Member

Pat that's too bad. Hopefully you will find someone else to go with you. We have all our plans finalized now and our flights booked.

Lynn
Old May 23, 2011, 10:14 AM   #142
Pat H

TUG Member

Quote:
Pat that's too bad. Hopefully you will find someone else to go with you. We have all our plans finalized now and our flights booked.

Lynn
I also have FF seats booked. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anyone else to go so far.
Old May 23, 2011, 06:30 PM   #143
Passepartout

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 10, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
With all the time changes, etc, how do I figure out how many hours it's really taking to get from here to there? Leave the East coast at 10:00 AM on 1/19and arrive in Auckland on 1/21 at 8:30 PM. How do folks on medication figure out when to take their meds?
Pat, I have an inexpensive (plastic) watch that shows the date/time at home. Mine also has traditional hands that are easily set to local time, but these might be too bulky or unstylish for a woman to feel comfortable with. You could just keep one of these cheap digital watches with your meds to keep on schedule.

Good luck on finding a roomie. The cruise will be more fun with you than without.

We've just started looking at flights/stays, and wish we had a bunch of FF miles to burn or had booked waaay earlier. Oh well.

Jim Ricks
Old May 23, 2011, 11:02 PM   #144
Gypsie
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 8, 07

Resorts: Westin Kierland Villas Sheraton Mountain Vista Sheraton Desert Oasis Sheraton Vistana (Fountains)
Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
My roommates have had to cancel. In order for me to still go on the cruise, I need someone to share my cabin. Anyone interested?
I would love to go! Please let me know if you are still looking for a roommate.
Gypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2011, 10:04 PM   #145
silentg
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 17, 05

Resorts: Seasons@Sugarbush Dikhololo Orange Lake Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes
Any New Cruises planned?

Hi Tuggers,
I was reading this post and dates back a couple of years. Are there going to be any new tug cruises for 2011 and 2012.
silentg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2011, 06:05 PM   #146
LynnW
TUG Member

silentg

If you check page 5 of this thread you will see all the info on upcoming cruises. It has been quiet here for awhile. Anyone thinking about tours yet? We had a really active roll call for our Med cruise last Sept and did all private tours with people from the roll call which worked out great. Prices were much better than booking through the cruise line.

Lynn
Old June 14, 2011, 05:40 PM   #147
Elli
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 8, 05
Lynn, we just came back from a Baltic Cruise with Royal Caribb. Had a really active roll call and did St. Petersburg on a private tour. Worked out great. I love CruiseCritic. Elli
Elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2011, 06:28 AM   #148
Kathy Q
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentg View Post
Hi Tuggers,
I was reading this post and dates back a couple of years. Are there going to be any new tug cruises for 2011 and 2012.
Hi,

This is the next cruise planned:

AU/NZ Jan 23, 2012, Diamond Princess

Auckland, New Zealand 23JAN12 MON DEPART 6:00PM
24JAN12 TUE ARRIVE 5:30AM DEPART 4:30PM Tauranga (for Rotorua), NZ
25JAN12 WED At Sea
26JAN12 THU ARRIVE 8:00AM DEPART 6:00PM Christchurch, NZ
27JAN12 FRI ARRIVE 8:00AM DEPART 6:00PM Dunedin (Port Chalmers), NZ
28JAN12 SAT ARRIVE 9:00AM DEPART 7:00PM Fiordland Natl Park Cruising
29JAN12 SUN At Sea
30JAN12 MON At Sea
31JAN12 TUE ARRIVE 8:00AM DEPART 6:00PM Hobart, Tasmania
01FEB12 WED At Sea
02FEB12 THU ARRIVE 7:00AM DEPART 5:00PM Melbourne, Australia
03FEB12 FRI At Sea
04FEB12 SAT ARRIVE 7:00AM Sydney, Australia

If you'd like more details, send me a PM with your email address and I'll invite you to the Cruising TUGgers web site where the most current information is kept.

Kathy Q
Old July 5, 2011, 09:22 PM   #149
GrayFal

TUG Member

Resorts: Marriott;BlueGreen;CMV-UDI Morritt's Seaside;WYN Pts BlueBeard's BeachClub
Quote:
Pat

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment at Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel for 3 nights before the cruise and the total cost is $597.00 NZD. It is rated #2 on tripadvisor. I booked directly on their website and I have since found out from someone who used to live in New Zealand that their other property Stadium Waldorf is also very nice and a little closer to the city centre. I may check that out as well. We are probably going to use FF miles to fly to LAX and book a flight out of there as it is cheaper than flying out of Calgary.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn,
I am seeing the 1BRs+den/study, sleep 3 for as low as $124 per night and the 2BR for $143 using the Kayak search feature....if I book thru Orbitz they guarantee to refund the difference if the price goes lower.
I do like the idea of having a kitchen for in-room breakfast....this property just opened in May 2010.
Kayak says they have an airport shuttle but I could not find this on the website, do you know if they do have one?

Last edited by GrayFal; July 5, 2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: sp
GrayFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2011, 06:27 PM   #150
Sandy VDH

TUG Member

Resorts: Wyndham VIP Platinum, HGVC Elite, Tradewinds(TW), +++
I booked a week in Austraila, post cruise, Nepean Country Club, via DAE. Check in is Feb 4. Unit is a 2 BR, sleeps 6 unit, in the Victoria area.

Any one interested in sharing it, and/or taking it, on the chance that I will not be able to make the trip. My big project is growing (by years), and I don't know if I can get away for the original duration I had planned on being away. Which could jeopardize my taking the cruise with you all. Hate it when work get in the way of life.

In any case it would be a gift of use of a week from your friendly TUG group travel agent. It was a DAE week that was expiring.

Contact me if you have any interest.

http://www.nepeancountryclub.com.au

http://www.daelive.com/articles/reso...&ResortID=NEPC
Sandy VDH is offline   Reply With Quote