• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Howdy All

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't mean to have my first post sound so whiney but...

I own (or used to own) a small amount of points at Kingsgate in Williamsburg. Honestly, while I am no hard charging vacationer, I rather like the whole Fairfield points concept. Used it regularly though in little 3 and 4 days chunks.

Did I mention that I bought retail back in 2002? :hysterical: Yeah, I'm a little smarter now...:shrug:

Whining begins now...:bawl:

Well, this past November, I received a letter that mentioned my fixed week timeshare...what, no points? It seems between my bride and I, we missed a few payments from back last winter when a credit card transaction was refused. Long story short, based on non-payment, Fairfield converted the points to a fixed week. I somehow missed the warnings but that is another story.

Bottom line, my question to y'all is...can I get Fairfield/Wyndham to convert my fixed week back to points? Now, can I get them to convert without spending a ton of cash? BTW, I am now current with Wyndham.

My phone calls have brought me to this point...Kingsgate has "offered" to sell me another package and bring my week along for the ride...we didn't even pursue that option. And two, for a small fee of $2,999, they will convert our week back into points. Wyndham was utterly unhelpful as they said my problem resided with Kingsgate and not them. Sounded a little BS to me but I do know the all speak with a forked tongue.

Any ideas? I'm at the point that I'm almost ready to just get rid of the whole thing via a sale and start over with an EBay auction.

One last question...if I keep this week...must Kingsgate keep it open for me on the date that it is listed? I mean, it is mine after all. I'm trolling for negotiating points here...

Thanks for reading. Rob

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Picking up a cheap e-bay week is certainly something to look. However dumping your existing week will be the challenge.

I do not understand why Wyndham "reconverted" your week back. Was the missed payment from the previous conversion?

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
Nope, it's original...truthfully, we owed money...I do not dispute the money but I am current now and feel, well, a little abused.

That said, I can understand why they would take action, I just don't think I was properly notified. But I can get over it if I have to, I just hate getting stuck with a turkey of a fixed week. I would much rather have my points back.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham was utterly unhelpful as they said my problem resided with Kingsgate and not them. Sounded a little BS to me but I do know the all speak with a forked tongue.

Rob

There was another post, similar to yours relatively recently.

I think in that one Wyndham did the same thing, said was a fixed week and not a week converted to points.

I think the resort had begun foreclosure for non payment of MF's and because the week could not, in effect be exchanged for Wyndham points, Wyndham said no points for you.

I can not recall the specifics but would recommend calling the Kingsgate HOA/POA, or whatever organisation your fixed week is with and see what is going on with them.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
One last question...if I keep this week...must Kingsgate keep it open for me on the date that it is listed? I mean, it is mine after all. I'm trolling for negotiating points here...

Thanks for reading. Rob

If you pay MF, they have to keep your unit open on the date you own. If you miss the MF payment, they can based on the regulation they have to assign the usage as they see fit.

So there is not much negotiating points.

Jya-Ning

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the input. I can see where I, and I alone, clearly messed up. By way of excuses...remember that whole economic meltdown of last year...:wall:

Anyways, we're all better now and are surveying the wreckage of our former lives as we speak...amazing what a small "Low Income" period can do to your credit rating BTW...:eek:

Regardless, no storm lasts forever. I was hoping that I could salvage something here but y'all inputs and my own telephone calls have left me to believe that my points are gone and I own a fixed week now. Nutz.

That said, I am current now (MF) so I guess Kingsgate has to keep my place available till I off load it.

As a side note...I wish I had known about this site back in 2002...went to Ebay last night...wow...I know where my next points will be coming from...:banana:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
There was another post, similar to yours relatively recently.

I think in that one Wyndham did the same thing, said was a fixed week and not a week converted to points.

I think the resort had begun foreclosure for non payment of MF's and because the week could not, in effect be exchanged for Wyndham points, Wyndham said no points for you.

I can not recall the specifics but would recommend calling the Kingsgate HOA/POA, or whatever organisation your fixed week is with and see what is going on with them.

I can understand that rationale for the current usage year. But now that he is back current, why would he not be able to convert his usage to points next year?

My concern would be that he asked about points for the current year, and got routed to sales desk, and of course they only have one answer for every problem - "buy more". Need extra towels for the pool? "Buy more points".

I would hate for this to be a temporary one-year problem due to foreclosure proceedings, and the OP goes and buys something that he does not need. I think your advice to discuss it with the resort and not sales is the right approach.

Last edited:

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rob, did you speak to owner relations, they have been very helpful in the past, especially if you explain the situation. Wyndham should have a sympathetic ear as the financial crisis affected everyone in the country.
Good luck and I would elevate the issue and explain that you need points and .

Don

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but I would think once the MF account is in good standing, that point usage would be reinstated.

Current now could have been the day before yesterday and this type of thing usually needs to work it's way through the systems.

Certainly within a few weeks from when current status was achieved it would be time to become a very agitated owner with Wyndham.

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
Nothing like resurrecting an old thread...since I started it, I feel zero guilt!

A status update on my Fixed Week that once was Points.
Before I really get into it...remember, I am the one at fault here... :wall:

I found an email address for a guy who works as:
Account Manager
Account Controls and Administration
Wyndham Consumer Finance, Inc.
10750 W. Charleston #130
Las Vegas, NV 89135

I've asked his permission to post his work email...I should get that soon and I'll edit it in right here "+++"

I sent him an email...very polite...were I acknowledged my fault upfront and asked if there was anything he could do to get me back into points. I also told him that I would not pay the Conversion Fee and if necessary, would unload the week somewhere. I also stated that I really like the Wyndham system and didn't want to leave.

Guess he's not used to seeing fairly friendly emails...Go figure :shrug:

Well, after a few days of back and forth, he stated that he has paved the way for me to get my points back with Kingsgate once a few small fees were cleared. Seems an old Housekeeping Credit and a Guest Fee were in the way. Bottom line...I will not have to pay the full conversion fee that was originally quoted and I will have my MF deducted monthly (again) starting in August. Oh, and I will have 2010 usage.

In my book, this is a win. :cheer:

Still wondering why I got shoved over to the Sales Weasels every time I called Kingsgate...

I'll update again once I receive formal confirmation that I am back to points.

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
My last entry on this subject...I would have edited in this answer but I guess too much time had passed since my last posting.

I am officially back into points effective 20 July. :cheer:
And acknowledged as such on the Wyndham website. :cheer:
And I have full 2010 usage. :cheer:

Three cheers...it's a good day.

Unfortunately, I could not secure the permission to post his email as this sort of violates some internal Wyndham protocol. OK, this guy was very helpful so I will honor it. Besides, I posted his address previously...

Fun journey and thank y'all for your input and advice. :wave:

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Rob,

Thanks for updating us here on TUG. I have always liked July 20th.

That was the day that Hitler was almost blown to bits back in 1944 as portrayed in the movie Valkyrie. You could have gotten extremely mad with Wyndham and figuretively "blown up" when dealing with the bureaucracy; but instead you were patient and perserved. I respect that.