Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. No advertising allowed!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old March 3, 2010, 03:29 PM   #1
wincap
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 6, 07

Resorts: Polo Towers Eastern Slope Inn
Vri Fixed Week Calendar

Could someone please explain why week 8 at the Villages of Loon Mountain is different from other VRI Resorts? Their week 8 is a week later than I would expect, and their week 1 starts on Jan 8. Why would this be, and who determines the weeks? Is it VRI or the individual resort? I Just donít understand the rational. I guess not all week 8ís are the same.
wincap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Craig
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 28, 07

Resorts: Brant Point Courtyard, Beach Island Resort, Colonial Acres Resort, Sandcastle Resort, Tristram's Landing
VRI Resorts

Brewster Green Resort, Crown Point Condominiums, Sand Pebble Resort, and Village of Loon Mountain are all off a week compared to the standard calendar. I've often wondered why as well...
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2010, 10:51 AM   #3
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 3 resorts, 6 weeks and NO MAS!
It's the resort --- not VRI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincap View Post
Could someone please explain why week 8 at the Villages of Loon Mountain is different from other VRI Resorts? Their week 8 is a week later than I would expect, and their week 1 starts on Jan 8. Why would this be, and who determines the weeks? Is it VRI or the individual resort? I Just donít understand the rational. I guess not all week 8ís are the same.
It's not VRI (the management entity) that defines "weeks" --- it's the individual resort itself.

I don't know why your identified resort weeks are different, but I can tell you that I own several weeks at two different VRI managed resorts and all of those "Saturday to Saturday" weeks are completely in synch with the "standard" weeks calendar, in which the "weeks" year begins on the first Saturday of each new calendar year.

Fwiw, I am also aware of another VRI managed facility (at which I am not an owner) which is "Friday to Friday" --- the only such "friday to Friday" resort within a several hundred mile radius of its' location.
theo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2010, 03:45 PM   #4
SailBadtheSinner
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
Smile

I'm not sure that this applies to what the OP was asking, but here is the way that the Harbor Ridge Resort calendar can be different. HR has about 1/2 the units checking in on Saturday and the other 1/2 on Sunday. As long as the new year starts from Monday to Saturday, everyone checking in will be checking in for the same week, for instance week 1. But if the new year starts on the Sunday, that week will be the first week for the Sunday owners; however, the Saturday owners won't be checking in until the 7th of January for their week 1 while during the same weekend the Sunday owners will be checking in on the 8th of January for the start of their week 2. For the entire year, each weekend will be a checkin for different weeks. So what HR does, is change the calendar so that for week 1 checkins for Saturday would be January 7 and week 1 checkins for Sunday would be January 8. Each weekend checkin will be for the same week whether the week starts on Saturday or Sunday. Anyway, that is how I understand it.

SBtS
SailBadtheSinner is offline   Reply With Quote